Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    you've ignored the fact that fire damage ignores armour.
    Nope, I have not. I put that into consideration when I made my mathematical calculations. Unless you have insanely high mastery level as a SV hunter, it is a dps loss. Even with high mastery levels, it's still not much better than the other talent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    You can test that in FemaleDwarf easily.
    Female dwarf doesn't account for changes that haven't even hit beta yet. I suggest you look into the same thought.

If Stampede is becoming a talent, are we getting a new level 87 ability? Or is part of the pruning that every class loses their "signature MoP ability"? I mean, I know warriors are probably losing skull banner, but they have two others, what about every other class?

Quote Originally Posted by Maeryn View Post
    Noone talking about how his mastery was Readiness, yet? :P
    Go look again...you're mistaken.

Readiness: beast mastery will be the passive that effects the abilities that get CD reductions with the readiness stat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    Nope, I have not. I put that into consideration when I made my mathematical calculations. Unless you have insanely high mastery level as a SV hunter, it is a dps loss. Even with high mastery levels, it's still not much better than the other talent.

- - - Updated - - -

Female dwarf doesn't account for changes that haven't even hit beta yet. I suggest you look into the same thought.
    You can't really make calculations yet since everything is subjective to change last week you had a different row of talents now you see this next week you might see something else.Bear in mind that "Balance" always comes last so it's very very early to talk about what is better and what not.
    On topic now personally i find both flaming arrows and focusing shot very dull and boring especially focusing shot.
    I hope bola shot will be SV only as it fits the theme of the specc and in general i love the idea of a spell that would allow the class to finally cleave.
    Something that is bothering me is the fact that i still see arcane shot on every specc which i don't like but i'm sure this is going to change.
    Moreover it seems our weapon scaling spells are getting nerfed Barrage also got nerfed which wasn't mentioned before from 640% and 320% to 480% and 240%.
    Lastly i heard that talents will change for each specc at least that is a rumour that is going around.

10+ Year Old Account
    It might be a Passive talent?

- - - Updated - - -

can we see these calculations?

Flaming Shots definitely sounds more like a glyph than a talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Sounds more like something Survival would get passively, what with all the "elemental shots" theme. I'm not holding my breath for it, but for all we know Survival could get a different version of the talent, much like With or Without You gives Lone Wolf to non-BM specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Lynx Rush was most probably removed because of the fact you need a pet there and having the Lone wolf talent would make that not work. So i think they are probably going to remove blink strikes aswell. (Stampede uses pets from your stable)

Deleted
    Did someone check which abilities are affected by Readiness? Since aMoC, Blink Strikes and Stampede are on the same row, I'd assume they either removed Stampede or added aMoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    It certainly does not. Blizzard have said they don't want any mandatory glyphs, especially not ones that are pure dps increases.

Deleted
    When he looks in the spellbook, aspects (exept cheatah and pack), scatter shot, serpent sting and focus fire are missing.

They won't allow a level 100 talent to be a DPS loss. It's not even worth discussing. Some talents will be situationally better than others but on the whole for single target they will be close. To be honest, my first thought when I saw it was that they meant "adds 80% weapon damage as fire damage to your auto-shots" but I guess that's too high. Regardless, if that's the talent they want to keep then it's one that's very easy to tune to the correct number.

If you want to complain about something, complain about 2 of our level 100 talents being effectively completely passive from a PVE raiding perspective. I'm glad they removed Bola Shot because that was boring too, but Flaming Shots is even worse. 1 passive talent in a row is fine, as long as it does SOMETHING at least a little interesting (and removing your pet/giving your pet extra utility spells qualifies), but I really hope we can do better than a second passive level 100 talent that only increases auto-shot damage.
    Last edited by Thursley; 2014-03-06 at 03:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to jump to conclusions, but R.I.P Bola Shot!

They need to keep Lone Wolf-- it prevents oversight like hunters dpsing engineers in the garrosh fight.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I have not. I put that into consideration when I made my mathematical calculations. Unless you have insanely high mastery level as a SV hunter, it is a dps loss.
    Maybe versus the other talents, but it's certainly not a dps loss in and of itself as your original post implied.

The calculated armor value for raid bosses throughout Mists of Pandaria is 24,835, which when reduced to 21,855 (by the 12% armor debuff) amounts to about 32% armor mitigation versus a level-90 player. Unless mitigation from armor for bosses in WoD is significantly lower than that of their MoP counterparts, Flaming Shots is an increase in autoattack damage of 17.6%. If the armor debuff is not on the boss, Flaming Shots gets even better.

This is all before SV mastery even comes into play.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    Maybe versus the other talents, but it's certainly not a dps loss in and of itself as your original post implied.

The calculated armor value for raid bosses throughout Mists of Pandaria is 24,835, which when reduced to 21,855 (by the 12% armor debuff) amounts to about 32% armor mitigation versus a level-90 player. Unless mitigation from armor for bosses in WoD is significantly lower than that of their MoP counterparts, Flaming Shots is an increase in autoattack damage of 17.6%. If the armor debuff is not on the boss, Flaming Shots gets even better.

This is all before SV mastery even comes into play.
    Thats simply in pve. It looks like a REALLY good pvp talent for taking on players packing the massive amounts of armor you see relative to pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Stampede as a talent is fine given it's one of the cases we have with ability bloat. It's a boring, bland, and relatively unimpactful DPS cooldown unless you're a Beast Master. Offering it as a talent in the same tier with Crows accomplishes their stated goal of lessening the amount of cooldowns and thus the effects of cooldown stacking.
    I disagree on Stampede as ability bloat, there are many, many other situational and barely used Hunter abilities.

Stampede is always used in raids.

The cooldown stacking bit sure, but they only recently started talking about that, as to Flaming Shots, I think it's vastly underwhelming for a level 100 talent, sure it's a very easy passive dps increase, but it's just uninspiring and boring.

Deleted
    Mathematically incorrect.
    Because you know how our damage of wod is being calculated right?

They are redoing all calculations in the game of every class, so your sims and math you do now, won't have any relevance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    80% weapon damage as fire >> 100% weapon damage as physical damage. Magic damage is not reduced by armor, and I believe that the magic damage reduction from bosses is minimal, if not gone already. So in the end, 1% weapon damage as magic is ~ 1.5 times better than 1% weapon damage as physical, after debufs. With no debuffs the difference is even greater. You can test that in FemaleDwarf easily.
    Don't think bosses have anything else but crit reduction and increased armor, so magical damage should always hit fully.

Weren't they removing crit reduction and armor reduction in WoD though, heard about it on blizzcon, but not 100% certain.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pogolols View Post
    I hope this isnt true... I don't want my pet anymore..
    i believe it was tweeted at some point, that diffrent specs can provide others talent effects. and because the hunter did pick BM it might not be visible. They dont want petless Beastmasters...

And i dont believe LONE WOLF is gone, its just not visible right now, unless you pick survival or MM.
    Stampede kinda makes sense as a talent.. if you want to play petless as an true "archer" i don't want stampede either.
    Last edited by shade3891; 2014-03-06 at 06:26 PM. Reason: added more