Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of course it is not a bad thing, destruction is such a versatile spec. The issue though is, that it is actually the best specc for every situation. There is no rational incentive for any warlock player to ever switch spec in pve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Migrin View Post
    Of course it is not a bad thing, destruction is such a versatile spec. The issue though is, that it is actually the best specc for every situation. There is no rational incentive for any warlock player to ever switch spec in pve.
    It is becoming increasingly annoying to read such misinformation. This is simply not true.

@Jessicka : you're not being railroaded into any spec. There is no boss in SoO where you're forced to be one spec, especially so long after tier release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethesh View Post
    It is becoming increasingly annoying to read such misinformation. This is simply not true.

@Jessicka : you're not being railroaded into any spec. There is no boss in SoO where you're forced to be one spec, especially so long after tier release.
    So long as bosses are dying, you're right. When they stop, things change.

Deleted
    Your raid should be outgearing most bosses by 5 to 10 ilvl now, making DPS issues a non-factor in whether bosses go down or not. Only exception would be Garrosh and I'll concede that it is probably best to be Destruction when you're learning this encounter, but other than that ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think most people boosted a warlock because they wouldn`t level one otherwise. I know I personally dreaded it. I wouldn`t be surprised if rogues end up being the 2nd most boosted.

My guess is that many people can't stand to even level locks so they took the opportunity to level one instantly without having to actually level one. I wouldn't worry too much about many of them actually sticking with warlock after they boosted one.

I am not going to deny Destro is strong, but the situation is made worse by the fact that the majority of fights in SoO are a Destro Locks dream come true. The amount of Havoc/shadowburn abuse that can be had on the majority of fights plays a massive part in this. The first time I ran though SoO I can remember laughing to myself at how perfect the fights were for Destro.
    Demo had ToT with UVLS abuse, now it is time to bow to your fire overlords...

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    So what should Destro not be able to do? AoE, cleaving and burst are basic parts of any specs tool kit.

You sound increasingly bitter and jelly.
    They're absolutely not part of any specs toolkit, on top of Warlocks being far and away the best at all of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Octan View Post
    I think most people boosted a warlock because they wouldn`t level one otherwise. I know I personally dreaded it. I wouldn`t be surprised if rogues end up being the 2nd most boosted.
    I don't see why that would be the case. Warlocks run around instant dotting mobs and never taking damage when leveling. They're arguably tied for easiest class to level alongside Hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethesh View Post
    Your raid should be outgearing most bosses by 5 to 10 ilvl now, making DPS issues a non-factor in whether bosses go down or not. Only exception would be Garrosh and I'll concede that it is probably best to be Destruction when you're learning this encounter, but other than that ?
    Look, I'm 12/14H I've done every fight as Demo. Simple fact is more damage doesn't make things harder, regardless of gear. It really doesn't matter what guild you're in, the moment you hit a snag, whether progression, or sign ups or whatever, questions get asked about how things can be made easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just posted this in a thread about Mages population decreasing:

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Hunter: 11.39% (+12%)
    Paladin: 10.82% (-17%)
    Death Knight: 10.29% (-6%)
    Druid: 9.97% (-17%)
    Warrior: 9.38% (+1%)
    Priest: 9.3% (-9%)
    Mage: 8.94% (-19%)
    Shaman: 8.62% (-7%)
    Warlock: 8.07% (+20%)
    Rogue: 6.84% (-9%)
    Monk: 6.37% (+infinte%)

Remembering that equal distribution would mean all classes at 9.09% popularity, and Mages aren't far off this. Also, MMO-Champion have done a class popularity before, so you'd need to check that before looking at a trend.

EDIT: Information from Cataclysm Patch 4.3.3:

Paladin: 13%
    Druid: 12%
    Mage: 11%
    Death Knight: 10.9%
    Priest: 10.2%
    Hunter: 10.2%
    Shaman: 9.3%
    Warrior: 9.3%
    Rogue: 7.5%
    Warlock: 6.7%

The original post has been edited with the percentage movements.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Yeah, locks are strong in PVE right now. I mean, there's always going to be a best class every tier so it's really not worth debating nor the place to lobby for class buffs or nerfs. However, there's other factor I noticed worth mentioning:

http://wow.realmpop.com/us.html

The 3 rarest classes are top 3 in the user poll. Players are more likely to pick a class that they don't have. I remember locks and rogues were the rarest in Cata, and that's sort of continued into MoP. Locks are still somewhat rare. So I think rarity of a class factors in a bit too.

Because Warlocks are mandatory. My 10 man has no Warlock so I have to log in, go to the raid, drop healthstones, and then swap to my main. Leave the Warlock in the raid so I can log in and drop new healthstones as needed.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Because Warlocks are mandatory. My 10 man has no Warlock so I have to log in, go to the raid, drop healthstones, and then swap to my main. Leave the Warlock in the raid so I can log in and drop new healthstones as needed.
    By this logic having a shaman, Mage or bm hunter for lust, having someone to provide every buff available would be mandatory. Does it help, sure. I used to raid 10 man and realize the disadvantage of group comp (raided heroic firelands with 6 Druids in a 10m). However, except for early tier progression this should not be a significant enough hindrance to warrant labeling as mandatory.

You guys talk as if those people were actually going to main a warlock. It is not because locks are overpowered, its for curiosity.
    Plain simple. Locks are VERY good, but overpowered only at the high end.

At normal gear (the best that 95%) of those boosts will probably get, other classes can outdps you, given strategy. Well, at least my raiding doesn't care for padding.

Our class "legendary" quest and challenge mode set are reason enough to gain over all other boosts towards locks.

It's actually been fun in PVP with all of these new locks–there is a lot of inexperience and people unable to get over the curve. I secretly hope that the warlocks I'm beating in duels either run away from the class entirely or get dedicated to be better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    That, and we got a huge overhaul and a lot of people hate levelling locks.

Though I doubt it'll last long. Most random locks I meet are absolutely horrible. Once they discover they can't pull off the numbers they'll probably go back to what they played before.
    Yeah, so many new warlocks think they can just hit some buttons and own recount. And when they realise their performance is sub-par they get all confused and angry "why is my dps so low?".

Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    Yeah, so many new warlocks think they can just hit some buttons and own recount. And when they realise their performance is sub-par they get all confused and angry "why is my dps so low?".
    It's so satisfying to see the people who used the excuse "yeah but you're a lock" when you crush them boost locks and struggle.
    My style is rich, dope, phat; in which we'll bake a cake today that looks rich.

Destro is also the only pvp spec you need to grind gear through randoms and uncoordinated BG's. Demo and Affliction all suck, their damage are not worth it. Affliction is back to where it was in Cataclysm, a dispel deterrent, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    Very true. The Warlock forums on WoW are essentially flooded with boosted warlock questions, most of them being stubborn to realize that with poorly itemized timeless gear, abysmal trinkets IS going to limit your potential. And then comes the rotation practice.