Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post

You mean like dragons and magic?

Either people need more education or are just trolls.
    Eh, magic and dragons are just the setting. They exist in this world, but operate within the boundries of human comprehension, right? If you create a whole storyline basing on something as silly as the alternate reality concept and try to somehow make it serious, it fails.

Bioshock Infinite is pretty much the only example of a game where this concept somehow worked, and it did only due to the fact that the creators did put a LOT of thought into it, basing it on real science theories and research. Even then the plot falls a bit flat when you think about it, because the whole premise is just illogical. Warlords didn't put the same amount of effort into it, making it just "a time travel story, but we don't wanna call it that way because it's lame". And at this point you can safely call bullshit on the whole thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    In WoW everything is fair game, I dont understand why some of you are trying to put boundries in a franshise like Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    Pretty much.
    I don't think they're out of touch with their playerbase. I think the expectations for WoW has just become that much higher since Vanilla.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't think they're out of touch with their playerbase. I think the expectations for WoW has just become that much higher since Vanilla.
    Meh, Bashiok especially replies in a very condescending way even though he knows they fucked up. And of course the expectations will be higher when there's 7M+ people playing it in comparison with only 3-4M in Vanilla. Their team is probably doubled if not tripled in size, too. Look at Wildstar, I haven't followed their development at all, as I'm not interested in the game at all, but their honesty is something I really admire about them. This is the post I'm talking about. That takes balls and lots of honesty, there's zero bullshitting in that post. I really, really admire that and it's something I really miss with Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, Bashiok especially replies in a very condescending way even though he knows they fucked up. And of course the expectations will be higher when there's 7M+ people playing it in comparison with only 3-4M in Vanilla. Their team is probably doubled if not tripled in size, too. Look at Wildstar, I haven't followed their development at all, as I'm not interested in the game at all, but their honesty is something I really admire about them. This is the post I'm talking about. That takes balls and lots of honesty, there's zero bullshitting in that post. I really, really admire that and it's something I really miss with Blizzard.
    Pretty sure Blizzard has done zero bullshit before. I just can't remember the specific instances due to a short term memory I just know they can be a bit no bullshit. Especially to Customer Support to those that claim they didn't bot but got banned

By expectations I mean we expect much better content after each expansion like a ramp up. Granted it's not necessarily a bad thing but it has it's drawbacks. Still waiting for a post mortem like they did with Cata.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2014-03-23 at 10:48 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Pretty sure Blizzard has done zero bullshit before. I just can't remember the specific instances due to a short term memory I just know they can be a bit no bullshit. Especially to Customer Support to those that claim they didn't bot but got banned

By expectations I mean we expect much better content after each expansion like a ramp up. Granted it's not necessarily a bad thing but it has it's drawbacks. Still waiting for a post mortem like they did with Cata.
    Oh I know Blizzard isn't all bullshit, but playing the card "We didn't promise!" when they obviously implied that this expansion will finally break the curse of slow-as-shit expansion deployments, is a low blow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I know Blizzard isn't all bullshit, but playing the card "We didn't promise!" when they obviously implied that this expansion will finally break the curse of slow-as-shit expansion deployments, is a low blow.
    Yeah I getcha. Bashiok has been *controversial* before. I have seen moments where he's made me giggle for telling how it is to a player(Not the most recent ones).

Warrior-Magi

Comment from reddit that's relevant

"At this point, you have to assume Blizzard is that alcoholic girlfriend/boyfriend. They're a great guy/girl, probably even marriage material. But every time they say "I'm never gonna drink again after what happened last night", you either roll your eyes realize it's in their DNA and accept it simply will happen again, or wash your hands kick 'em to the curb."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Comment from reddit that's relevant

"At this point, you have to assume Blizzard is that alcoholic girlfriend/boyfriend. They're a great guy/girl, probably even marriage material. But every time they say "I'm never gonna drink again after what happened last night", you either roll your eyes realize it's in their DNA and accept it simply will happen again, or wash your hands kick 'em to the curb."
    Sounds pretty stupid if you ask me.

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Dude even if Blizzard would delay WoD to january 2016 you'd still defend it

10+ Year Old Account
    Leave Aeluron alone!

He's like my favorite little puppy in this thread. <3
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I wish I could make statements about time tables and then when I fail to deliver have people insist that it's everyone else's fault for me not meeting the expectations that I myself put forward.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I getcha. Bashiok has been *controversial* before. I have seen moments where he's made me giggle for telling how it is to a player(Not the most recent ones).
    Tseric 2.0

I don't know, I think it's a pretty fitting description. Hell, they get me hyped up every expansion (apart from MoP, but still managed to drag me back in), yet don't deliver on faster content. I think that analogy is spot on.

No one was asking you.

Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50Ghz, OC'd to 4.0Ghz | 8GB Corsair DDR3-1066 RAM | Gigabyte Z97-HD3
    NVIDIA GeForce 680GTX 2048MB VRAM | Corsair 750TX 750W PSU | Phantecks Dual fan PH-TC14PE

Quote Originally Posted by zolok2.0 View Post
    No one was asking you.
    good thing this is an open thread where if you post something, others can respond.

I can't wait for some new information to start coming out so this dang thread can get back to being the fun thread it used to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok bro. /10 char

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Elisdad View Post
    I can't wait for some new information to start coming out so this dang thread can get back to being the fun thread it used to be.
    We seriously do need some info, this thread needs to go back to the glory days of the Rygarius hype thread where people laughed and smiled and had mostly polite and respectful conversation with each other.

There's no option for the spoiler in the quick reply. Last time I did it I did it wrong. So I went to the next step down. Sorry but I've never been able to do it right.
    I don't think there's an automatic option for it anywhere (that I've seen, at least), just always have to do it manually. And I was already aware of the spoiler so it doesn't matter to me, just thought I'd pass along the info in case you weren't aware of its existence
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.