Page 1 of 193
... LastLast

12 year old girl speaks against abortion, and she does it well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOR1wUqvJS4

Apparently this was a speech made for a school competition of some sort, and her teacher originally told her that she was disqualified because the topic was too controversial. However, after hearing the speech the teacher decided to let her go on, and so the girl went on to win the competition. Even without having to know any of that, her speech was still detailed and brilliant.

I was surprised at how well informed she was, and how much research a 12 year old girl did for something like this. She makes sound arguments and brings up points that even the 'brightest' pro-choice advocate stumble through.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

I had an abortion and I have no regrets.

Also, while I applaud little girls having a mind of their own on women's rights and the rights of the fetus, I do not consult 12 year olds when considering my reproductive rights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOR1wUqvJS4

Apparently this was a speech made for a school competition of some sort, and her teacher originally told her that she was disqualified because the topic was too controversial. However, after hearing the speech the teacher decided to let her go on, and so the girl went on to win the competition. Even without having to know any of that, her speech was still detailed and brilliant.

I was surprised at how well informed she was, and how much research a 12 year old girl did for something like this. She makes sound arguments and brings up points that even the 'brightest' pro-choice advocate stumble through.
    She won a debate by using sensasionalist tripe and appealing to Could bes and maybes? She brings up no amazing points, she brings up no sound arguments.

She literally tries to say "Well Abortions could have GOOD people going to waste"

No shit, by this very logic, Men should be forced to never masturbate every again.

Edit: hell the very logic of her saying "Without even knowing them, choosing weather they live or die" Sounds like a pro-eugenics thing where we wipe away all the people who prove to be "Unuseful"

This child is a child. Nothing more.

Deleted
    A 12 year old? Fuck, that sounds so wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    If she doesn't like abortion, nobody will force her to have one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    She lives in the year 2014 the internet is full of facts like the ones she quoted readily available. I would assume she had some assistance. The arguments points she made are the same ones always used just worded a little differently. She did do a great job delivering the speech though.

I'm not particularly interested in a 12 year old's opinion on anything, much less a topic like abortion.

She's simply regurgitating what her parents believe.

12 year olds don't have reasoned opinions about complicated matters like abortion, they simply repeat what their parents think.

Don't like abortion? Don't fucking have one and stop ignoring science.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I had an abortion and I have no regrets.

Also, while I applaud little girls having a mind of their own on women's rights and the rights of the fetus, I do not consult 12 year olds when considering my reproductive rights.

Women's rights does not mean you have the right to kill a person.

You should be responsible enough to ever A) use birth control or B) have him wear a condom.

You murdered a person cause of your selfishness.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    I'm not particularly interested in a 12 year old's opinion on anything, much less a topic like abortion.
    There we go, thank you. Children can have their own wisdom, but this reminds me of that 13 year old Conservative that Republicans were parading around CPAC that then became a liberal years later. Lets see how she feels when she's an adult.

Also a fetus isn't a child. A seed isn't a tree. Insert those arguments made a million times before here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Don't like abortion? Don't fucking have one and stop ignoring science.
    What does Science and someone having or not having an Abortion have to do with each other?

Quote Originally Posted by Masoner View Post
    What does Science and someone having or not having an Abortion have to do with each other?
    Thinking unviable fetuses are people (i.e. the crux of every anti-choice argument).

Deleted

You should be responsible enough to ever A) use birth control or B) have him wear a condom.

pretty sure she murdered a zygote, thats no more a human than a benign tumour. Thats what a Child basically is for a good 12 weeks, a tumour, a mass of cells, related, but somehow different to the parent host.

Deleted

If something has never had a heartbeat then it was never a person.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    There we go, thank you. Children can have their own wisdom, but this reminds me of that 13 year old Conservative that Republicans were parading around CPAC that then became a liberal years later. Lets see how she feels when she's an adult.

Also a fetus isn't a child. A seed isn't a tree. Insert those arguments made a million times before here.
    Same thing, they were brainwashed to be liberals as they were brainwashed to be Republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    She won a debate by using sensasionalist tripe and appealing to Could bes and maybes? She brings up no amazing points, she brings up no sound arguments.

She literally tries to say "Well Abortions could have GOOD people going to waste"

No shit, by this very logic, Men should be forced to never masturbate every again.

Edit: hell the very logic of her saying "Without even knowing them, choosing weather they live or die" Sounds like a pro-eugenics thing where we wipe away all the people who prove to be "Unuseful"

This child is a child. Nothing more.
    The typical failure of a faulty comparison between masturbation and abortion aside, you ignore what she actually says. She was never saying "But some good people might die!" she was saying "People ARE dying!"
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    This sums my opinion up pretty well. While there are a few exceptions, it is very rare when a child is anything more than someone repeating their parent's beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Thinking unviable fetuses are people (i.e. the crux of every anti-choice argument).
    Of course they are, the fact that people have to argue this proves they are. Of course there are reasons to have abortions but it's pathetic for a women to think it's her right to murder someone.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2014-03-29 at 04:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

1) The basis of rights to self is the same basis on which self defense is based. You have the right to protect and preserve your health and well being.
    2) Shit happens.
    3) Murder is, by definition, an unlawful killing of another person with malice aforethought. Even if you were to prove that a fetus was a person, saying that it is murder is factually false tripe.