Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroic Immerseus HALP!

Okay, so I am sure this has been posted on a ton but I am looking for help with my raid set up. I have read thread after thread watched guides etc.

Current set up
    Tanks: Blood DKx2
    Heals: Hpal, Rdruid, Rsham
    Destro lock
    Enh shaman
    Marks hunter
    Arcane Mage
    Ret pal

Adds: we have tried the hpal using righteous fury...the tank still cant get agro so he ends up getting squished. We have tried 3 tanks...it seemed to work but dont know if we can sacrafice the dps. We have tried the tank running around but it still seems the adds just dont care. (Insert Benny Hill theme).

We do a congo line at pull moving over in p1. However after p1 (if we make it) that kind of gets shot ti sh*t.

I dont know if this helps but here are our logs

worldoflogs.com/guilds/115316/

I (mage) normally get my stacks invis them off theb go arcane explode all over the adds...which sometimes backfires. We have tried the strat of spam dispell on our enh sham while he nukes the boss but adds still take him out.

Should we use devo for swirls or save for when the puddles aoe on split?

For the mages out there: does mirror image add stacks? Any pointers are appreciated. I lead them to a quick garrosh kill once we got our team reassembled, but I am deer in the head lights on leading heroics.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Heroic Immerseus is certainly pretty over-tuned in 10 man and is one of the harder bosses from the first four.

That said, I can offer some advice: Blood DK's don't have fantastic 'snap' threat, compared to say a BrM monk, and so your raid will have to allow him 5 or so seconds to get threat. You shouldn't bother with crap like getting a healer with Righteous Fury or three tanks, it's just a matter of getting the damage dealers to not pop mongo CD's the second the adds are in range. The adds are just a means to an end; they give you a convenient way to drop your stacks from the boss without stopping DPS, you shouldn't go full out on them.

Congo line tactic is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. You have pools spawn on you, you move from them. It doesn't matter if you stand in a star or a circle the same concept applies. If you feel a 'segment' is too crowded with pools, just move the raid to another segment (we just automatically move up after a Swirl - obviously the tank will need to move aswell to not wipe the raid from Corrosive Blast).

You shouldn't Devo (or use any cooldowns for that matter) on Swirl; if it looks like it's going to go over the raid, have everyone run to the back of the room and out-range it. All raid CD's should be used for when the adds hit the centre of the room.

Mirror images don't add stacks.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-04-01 at 09:07 AM.

Picking up adds as Blood isn't really that hard. Glyph Dancing Rune Weapon so it gives you 100% more threat while active, save Outbreak for the adds, save a Crimson Scourge proc for free DnD, spend all your runes on periodical Blood Boils as the adds come in.

For us using righteous fury on the holy paladin was the key, it made the fight considerably easier.
    Our DK is always tanking the boss (he can take up to three Corrosive Blasts with the tank cloak), our druid collecting the adds from our paladin.

We also allow one player to tunnel the boss to get the adds spawn as quickly as possible and still allow controlled debuffing.

I do not recommend trying to avoid swirl by outranging it, you will clump up and people will die in the puddles or getting killed by adds. If it is going to hit you, don't try to run away or even worse run with it, simply run through it. Then you will be hit a single time - and sometimes not even that - which is easily healable. But I don't deny that during progress "unfair" swirls are very likely going to be your main source of wipes. You will have attempts without a single swirl hitting the raid, and then for the next three attempts every single one of them hits the raid. With better gear (aka more life) they are no issue anymore, but they are in the first weeks.

And the only challenge is to survive the first 2-3 phases. So don't hesitate to use every cooldown available then.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    , it's just a matter of getting the damage dealers to not pop mongo CD's the second the adds are in range.
    Basically this, and you have a hunter to MD. The adds should be gravitating towards the tank or the resto dru anyway. Apart from the odd stray add which you can ignore your tanks shouldn't have threat problems if dps are disciplined.

What you can do is have all players, including both tanks, in one section. The tank that will take the next breath picks up the adds closest to the boss, and the other tanks the adds further out. When the breath is about to hit the closer tank moves out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    What you can do is have all players, including both tanks, in one section. The tank that will take the next breath picks up the adds closest to the boss, and the other tanks the adds further out. When the breath is about to hit the closer tank moves out.
    This. Spread your tanks out so that everyone is behind one of them. All adds have to run through them, win. One thing we still have issues with is DPS putting on their blinders. Every week it seems we have a death to someone getting too many stacks and another death to someone popping all dps CDs and going ham on the adds before my diseases are even spread. We then proceed to 8-9 man the boss depending on rezzes and such. For tanks, make sure they are using CDs during those adds. Healers will have to spam the idiots who messed up their stacks and tanks need to help relieve stress.

Another big issue with adds is if you are slow to spawn them all. The boss starts with 50 stacks, make sure you are burning them quickly but safely. If all the adds die but the boss still has ten stacks, your team failed to attack the boss again after their stacks cleared.

The first two rounds are the most difficult. After that it's cake. We use CDs on the first and hero on the second. This ensures both only have one set of adds and two tank breaths. If you are getting more than that it will be very tough.

Remember that since Corrosive Blast is on a ~40 second CD, you can have both of your tanks picking up the adds. So, right after the first Blast goes out, have that tank running around helping the OT grab adds, just make sure he watches timers and doesn't forget to face the boss away from the raid before the next Blast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebs View Post
    Remember that since Corrosive Blast is on a ~40 second CD, you can have both of your tanks picking up the adds. So, right after the first Blast goes out, have that tank running around helping the OT grab adds, just make sure he watches timers and doesn't forget to face the boss away from the raid before the next Blast.
    Also don't get too far away from the boss or he'll melee someone.

We just have a couple of our plate wearers and the tank thats not on the boss pick up the adds. Shouldn't be too hard. I am the one that probably gets the most ads on me because im a druid healer. I just call it out and one of the plate dps comes and wisks them away .

Easiest way to do this; Have the ENTIRE raid (except tanks) to stack at ONE point, once the pool drops, move left/right. Adds will run in one direction and at every tank swap the "free" tank runs to the group and aoe the shit out of em (Outbreak+blood boil is enuff to aggro ALL).

Solved out issue with adds running all over the place when undergeared/unexperienced. Months later, still doing it.
    hehe too long didnt read!
    http://thehuntersreach.blogspot.com/

This is actually a dps check. You must get him to retract before the second corruption or you will hit enrage.

we had the tank on one platform and rest of the raid on one next to it. People would get 3-4 stacks and then aoe the adds down. Warrior tank was picking up adds. I'm a hunter and stuck a binding shot down and that seemed to help. The pools are really inconsequential, just move slightly and just don't stand in them. If your dps is low then you will have to shift platforms after the corrosive blast happens to get more space.

the first part of this fight is the hardest, the faster you aoe the adds down and get the boss to retract the easier the fight will be.

also this was mentioned before but if a swirl is going to hit you: do NOT try and out range it, you will end up trapping yourself between knock up pools and getting hit by swirl multiple times while knocked up or forced to stand in a puddle and die anyway. The safest way is to just pop a small cool down and move through it into a clear space. You have much more control over your positioning this way.

15+ Year Old Account
    We position ourselves in the back portion of the room by the stairs.

Tank sits just across the first water stream to the right.
    DPS stands on the far side to the left.
    We put a marker in the middle.

DPS slowly move right as pools spawn. We get 3-5 stacks of the debuff and run to the marker. Dispell all and blow up the first set of adds that arrive. If there's a swirl we move straight backwards to stairs. Once swirl is over spread out a bit and work on the remaining adds that are popping out.

As a dps you can afford to have a couple adds hitting you but you can't have adds and stand in a puddle. Use your raid cooldowns on the first 2-3 transitions as they will be back up later in the fight. You'll need them for the final two Phase 2's.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...eplay&fight=17 Shows our original positioning but the DPS now stands all the way to the left at the start. I turned off advanced logging and forgot to re-enable it for our kills.

P.S. Make your hunter go survival or BM.
    Last edited by Tharkkun; 2014-04-03 at 05:29 PM.

You should gather all together. Be at one 1/8 part of the room and you should have no problems with aggro! Do not spread around the boss.

thanks

Thank you all! I shared this with my tanks and raiders. We went with tanks on each side of us. Thw tank did better at picking up adds but we nixed the hpal using RF while healing. He kept going squish. We managed to make it to second split phase at one point. We then tried to move to the back platform but the extra room made it harder for tanks to benny hill the adds.

But it is progression we were also down our usual healers tonight as well so decided to move to protectors and try them out. Thanks again for the tips!

last poster...yes it would be a nightmare if we spread around the room, we were not doing that.

dps cant go crazy on the adds till tanks get them. also dps dont need to hit the boss when the boss is doing his corruption dot. only allow 1-2 stacks, anymore and the dps can kiss their life goodbye. they need to focus adds anyway after that. never spread btw, and use self cds when immersuis is about to re-imerge and explode over everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    dps cant go crazy on the adds till tanks get them. also dps dont need to hit the boss when the boss is doing his corruption dot. only allow 1-2 stacks, anymore and the dps can kiss their life goodbye. they need to focus adds anyway after that. never spread btw, and use self cds when immersuis is about to re-imerge and explode over everyone.
    3-4 stacks is completely safe, the stacks increase logarithmically not linearly. 5 is pushing it, 6 will start ticking for 200k+

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    3-4 stacks is completely safe, the stacks increase logarithmically not linearly. 5 is pushing it, 6 will start ticking for 200k+
    true, but for new or beginner healers, we never go past 3 stacks.. even 2 u can opt out of, cause most people will be focusing adds anyway, and theres no need for extra dmg going out when the boss will be dying fast anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ildiko View Post

Adds: we have tried the hpal using righteous fury...the tank still cant get agro so he ends up getting squished. We have tried 3 tanks...it seemed to work but dont know if we can sacrafice the dps. We have tried the tank running around but it still seems the adds just dont care. (Insert Benny Hill theme).
    Hand of Salvation and Blessing of Protection are helpful for that. I did it as a Holy Paladin and found salving to be pretty useful there once the tank started to build some threat.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    true, but for new or beginner healers, we never go past 3 stacks.. even 2 u can opt out of, cause most people will be focusing adds anyway, and theres no need for extra dmg going out when the boss will be dying fast anyway.
    The problem with doing this is that the boss takes way too long to die. Every add you kill does equal amount of its hp to the boss also and aoe damage is a lot higher than single target. The more adds you can spawn and handle the easier the fight is.