Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    Oh man, look at all the people whining. While I agree none of this stuff looks too notable, it's more than likely to be questing greens and trash drops which have always been bland since BC. Making the assumption that it's a complete raiding tier right off the bat is just plain silly.
    Exactly what i'm thinking.

Those are the shoulders/weapons you get while questing... green stuff maybe a few blue. Just like in BC, Wrath, Cata and Mist the gear you gear from quest are bland.

Deleted
    While I'm glad to see some of the draenei theme coming back, I'm absolutely unimpressed with the gear design they've been going for the past years. And it doesn't just apply to starting gear. Aren't weapons supposed to look, you know, deadly? Art design is a thing, but shouldn't there be some logic as well? How am I supposed to hurt something with these chunky, sharpless weapons? I miss the sleek shiny design they had back then. Just my two cents.

Deleted
    All those shit look like comming out of some cheap comic book.... where are the designers from the TBC/WOTLK times?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    Well, Kargath and Killrog look impressively stupid...IQ of -5 at least. ;-)

Those weapons look like stoneage weapons. That would be fitting the fact that we go into the past...the only problem is that those weapons shall be better than anything we have now....and that is a deal breaker(and Blizz will never be able to explain to us why ancient orcs got better weapons(that on top of that look like weaker weapons) than many years later). If the weapons keep this theme then this definitely is the expansion where I thank god for transmog...
    It's a gameplay mechanic, weapons are made to look so that they fit the theme of the expansion and the stats are just a gameplay mechanic, in lore a weapon from blackrock depths is just as qualified as a weapon from wotlk because in lore they don't have levels and talents and stats, once again, just a gameplay mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Well I think you can agree that it just got more and more egregious as MoP went along, effectively culminating in the WoD preview we have in-game now. You got Paladin gear with tusks on it now, you look like a Hunter. And not even a Dwarf Hunter, like a Troll or something. What the hell is the sword from these past two seasons even supposed to be? It's got like a giant jawbone riveted to a jagged chunk of obsidian, with a handle rammed in there and some knick-nacks glued on to the side. Congratz, it's a swerd! And that's typical of what we're seeing here.
    Most likely because these are questing greens. And trust me, questing greens in BC were just as bland, just not as spiky. Instead of criticizing, i'd rather find stuff in this that I DO like. Some of my favorites are the following (Note: you may have to drag the images into the url bar to get a better look at them)

I think that's pretty inventive lol. A warsong orc broke your mighty MoP epic so you hastily fashion it into an axe and re-engage in battle. No matter what you guys might say, that actually is a creative weapon we haven't seen before. But i do think there needs to be a model of the fixed sword as well. It looks nice.

If you honestly think that looks spiky and savage then i think you need some glasses, sir.

There's atleast one more image i wanted to post, it was of this nice looking warglaive that was datamined during the stream but boubille didn't post. So frustrated because of that oh well, you'll probably see it when beta releases or the actual game. Anyways, these are questing greens, not raid tier. These types of weapons/armor always have had the least amount of work put into them ever since BC (I would say vanilla but that doesn't make sense). So to say they looked the best or had the most potential isn't true. They all look like bland vanilla greys.

If you have concept art for weapons, im IMPLORE you to send it to Blizzard. They're more than likely to take a look at it, as they have borrowed concepts from players before such as The Darkmoon Carousel. Same to any other artists out here throwing a hissy fit. Wait for their next art contest or just draw some cool looking gear and send it to them whenever. They'll take a look at it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Those items are just quest rewards. They look like shit always. Wait for the tier sets

I am in the same boat as a lot of people on this thread (models look similar), but disagree with some of the comments (not unique enough). I can clearly see the Aroka (sp?), frost wolf and bloodmaul influence in a lot of these weapons. Look at the bows for instance. You have the oversized (ogre) ones, the ones with tusks (winter - frost wolf theme), and the ones with feathers/leaves (dranei or aroka-(bird people)-sp?). Same as the shoulders, i see the influence of the various cultures and races in them. And the last shield? Looks like it was a door ripped of a hut, that's badass.

What I'd like to see is something high-tech from our dranei friends in dranor. The race is obviously advanced seeing as they came to aseroth in space-ships. Give me some fucking space-like gear/weapons that look advanced. I DOUBT space-ready races are still building shit with stocks/rocks. I want to see metal alloys with lasers and pew-pew shit!\

The CM paladin gear is kinda the theme I'm referring to for dranei tech. Put a cool/sleek gun with that and it would be badass. Minus the bird style shoulders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edinburgh, Scotland. You know, that place with the castle.
    While I agree that most of these are bland (and like a zillion people before me have said, they're most likely questing greens/dungeon blues which are pretty much always bland compared to epics), there are some which do stand out.

For example, this version of one of the 2-handed sword models is, to me, gorgeous.

Also a big fan of this sword model (all colours):

Really nice, sleek design.

This bow has also got a really nice design:

So I wouldn't say that they're all awful - in fact, considering they are questing greens, they're actually quite nice - I would happily mog into any of the ones I posted above for a while.

Although Kargath looks mostly unfinished, but why is he having his blade on his left arm. I have always seen him with blade on his right arm.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sm1025 View Post
    Although Kargath looks mostly unfinished, but why is he having his blade on his left arm. I have always seen him with blade on his right arm.
    They said WoD art was mirrored at blizzcon.

Deleted
    looks like i'll carry on using my benediction staff.
    ive still yet to see anything better in the 9 years ive been playing wow & yes, that includes legendaries.

I don't care for the art style, but it is what it is. The thing bugging me is how low-res most of the stuff we're seeing looks to be.

Ugh. They look horrible. They look like they belong to psychadelic neanderthals.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterix View Post
    All those shit look like comming out of some cheap comic book.... where are the designers from the TBC/WOTLK times?
    Yes, TBC/WotLK are known for Their AWESOME looking green/Bloue leveling gear. Let me guess, you are only referring to BT/T6 gear? Yeah, I thought so.

10+ Year Old Account
    All this datamining kinda ruins the surprise and magic for me tbh i dont think we should do it anymore i think we should just wait till the games out that way we might get the old days feelings back and that sense of discovery and surprise.

who cares if its quest gear? still unimpressive.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thank god for transmog!

This is the first post from MMO-Champion that I've seen where they didn't put a bolded text in red that these are a combination of unfinished models and questing greens/trash drops, and the posts are exactly how I'd expect them without it.

I like a lot of these as beginning blue PvP stuff or just simple questing items. You can only be so creative for stuff that doesn't matter, to a point where you can't make everyone happy and having to make badass questing greens would take time away from more important stuff.

While the items aren't "Raid gear"-flashy, i like the fact that some colour seems to be returning to gear again, and i'm rather fond of that "My sword broke so i took the pieces and a stick and made an axe out of it"-axe, and indeed, there's always transmog if a particular item is particularly poor-looking...