Quote Originally Posted by General Vezax View Post
    I wouldn't jump the gun on Ridley yet. He's consistently near the top of fan wishlists, just like Sonic and Megaman were. Only now, they don't need to get third party permission. Plus they absolutely refuse to directly reference him even though everyone knows that Pyrosphere is his other M boss fight area.

They've also proven over and over again that they love to tease with bait-and-switches. Toon link first appeared on a stage as a train conductor, but later we find out that he gets replaced by another person when Toon Link was announced. EVERYONE thought that Greninja looked like Mewtwo at first, and the whole Fake Palutuna thing.
    Oh, I know we're gonna see some more characters than those we have now. At least some unlockables, which we haven't seen yet (as far as I know).

I have two issues with Ridley;
    1. I feel that he's simply too large to be in this game. And shrinking him to be the same size as the others would be so incredibly cheap imho.
    2. His appearance and overall style blends very badly with the rest of the characters, and just feels out of place to me. But of course, this is also 100% subjective.

Also, I am so freaking psyched over the customization they mentioned. It's a shame it won't be available for online play, but I can understand why.
    Last edited by Coronius; 2014-04-10 at 02:40 AM.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping for both Ness and Lucas to return, and with that at least a Mother 3 stage on the 3DS and an Earthbound stage on the Wii U. I really hope we get Saturn Valley as the Earthbound stage, by far one of the most memorable locations in the game imo, it's just so otherwordly but still really cozy and fun. I guess it could be the Mother 3 stage too in theory, but I prefer the EB version of it. A cool Mother 3 stage would be the Tower of Thunder, perhaps with Mr. Genetor as a stage hazard of a sort.
    Even though it would pretty much be spoiler city, my dream stage for the Mother series would be the Devils Machine, complete with Giygas in the background being as disturbing as all living fuck and blasting the hell out of the stage with attacks, not to mention a heavy metal remix of Porky Means Business. I would think that the stage would be also a bit popular for even people who never played EB, but have seen the multiple videos of the last battle and seeing Giygas pop up on peoples lists of favorite/disturbing bosses.

For a handheld version stage I would be fine with a return of New Pork City, though maybe slightly more improved, the Chimera Lab would also be cool. The soundtrack however would have so many great choices, probably my favorite would be a remix of the battle with Natural Killer Cyborg or the battle with the robo-Porkies. I also think it would be cool to have a stage devoted to the first game, like a ride on top of the train that is visiting the different towns from it and attacking Starmen interfering and cameos from the original heroes (as well as a Ninten skin for Ness).

I'm not sure if to expect more than the usual from Earthbound, since the Virtual Console release is only really special over here, in Japan they've had the game even on the Wii VC, so I'm not sure if Sakurai is even aware of how big it is for us to finally have it over here again.
    And yeah I was kind of just referring to the release of it outside of Japan. The thing that is also kind of disappointing is from what I hear from various sources that even in Japan the Mother series isn't even that popular to begin with (at least the release of Mother 3 wasn't). I have even seen some people go so far as to say that the cult classic fan base outside of Japan is larger then the fan base inside of it.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2014-04-10 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    Oh, I know we're gonna see some more characters than those we have now. At least some unlockables, which we haven't seen yet (as far as I know).

1. I feel that he's simply too large to be in this game. And shrinking him to be the same size as the others would be so incredibly cheap imho.
    2. His appearance and overall style blends very badly with the rest of the characters, and just feels out of place to me. But of course, this is also 100% subjective.

Also, I am so freaking psyched over the customization they mentioned. It's a shame it won't be available for online play, but I can understand why.
    well look at bowser. in some games that dudes almost as big as godzilla. and then theres olimar who is like the size of a penny.

if we can get over those two i think we could get over ridley being bowser size. i also think it mightve been a tease as well since they didnt say that ridley was a boss they just said "there are bosses in other stages too.. heres a shadow" if they wanted him to just be a normal boss i dont know why they wouldnt just show him instead of the shadow.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    and then theres olimar who is like the size of a penny.
    Where do people keep getting this from? Was there a size chart that showed his actual size in a manual or players guide somewhere that I missed? I know in the 2nd Pikmin game the junk you collect is suppose to be based on real life items, but I always just assumed that was just suppose to be considered alien space junk and not actually what we would obviously know them as. I think the world the games take place on are just suppose to feel over sized and Olimar isn't just exploring a normal sized world

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Where do people keep getting this from? Was there a size chart that showed his actual size in a manual or players guide somewhere that I missed? I know in the 2nd Pikmin game the junk you collect is suppose to be based on real life items, but I always just assumed that was just suppose to be considered alien space junk and not actually what we would obviously know them as. I think the world the games take place on are just suppose to feel over sized and Olimar isn't just exploring a normal sized world
    He is described as the size of a quarter in the paper manual for the first Pikmin. I think Miyamoto said that the planet in the game is Earth and that the game takes place in a time where humans are extinct.

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf Lord View Post
    He is described as the size of a quarter in the paper manual for the first Pikmin. I think Miyamoto said that the planet in the game is Earth and that the game takes place in a time where humans are extinct.
    also,

http://pikmin2.nintendo.com/images/p...des/slide1.jpg

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr....U0p48Rg%3D#_=_

http://86bb71d19d3bcb79effc-d9e6924a...-wallpaper.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    I'm a bit confused about Global Smash Power, is it for For Glory mode or?
    I'm still a little unsure, but it seems to be for all of the different modes. Hopefully it will be clarified when the games come out.

It looks like there will be a stage(s) that are based off the rooms of the Gen 6 Pokemon Elite 4.

Gotta give you praise. While I don't agree with you in the slightest, in my many years as a Ridley supporter, having argued for his cause both throughout pre-Brawl and pre-Smash 4, there are so few Ridley naysayers who can admit that their opinions are subjective and not fact. Usually they're some of the most ignorant people around, so it's nice to see someone who actually has the brains to realize his opinion isn't a fact for once. Ridley can be scaled down, but whether it'd be right to do or not is likely a discussion that'll keep going on forever in the Smash community.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    I didn't think of it at first, but this is true. In the video he made reference to other boss characters and we saw Ridley's shadow, but that very well may be the shadow given off by a playable Ridley while in the air perhaps.
    If anything the Ridley we saw will still be a stage hazard. You can see the tip of his tail for a split second, which confirms it's the Other M Ridley, who is a clone of the original Ridley. So if anything, the Other M Ridley will be a stage hazard, while the regular Ridley from Metroid to Super Metroid will be a playable character. I still doubt it though, I'm not sure why he'd do that when everything Metroid related is based on Other M, obviously the Other M Ridley would be the one to be playable. Last time when Ridley was leaked as a boss battle in Brawl I was holding out hope he'd come back later in the story mode as Meta Ridley while being playable, and sure enough he came back, but still as a boss, after that incident I'm not holding out hope for any longer than should be realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    I'm a bit confused about Global Smash Power, is it for For Glory mode or?
    From what I can gather there's a Global Smash Power that's seperate to each mode. For Fun only counts wins, so it's easier to go up in rank, while For Glory counts both wins and losses.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2014-04-10 at 09:52 AM.

On another note, Villager's Final Smash is incredibly hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    On another note, Villager's Final Smash is incredibly hilarious.

Yeah, when it showed up I was going completely "Wait... wut?" but at the same time I was pissing my pants in laughter. That's so much better than the bees that everyone suggested for him.

Deleted
    Charizard in the new trailer made me wet my pants, so happy he (and Shiek) is finally a character for himself now, was really annoying that you had to switch back to him in brawl when you died.

Kind of bummed over that Ridley's chances of being a character are pretty much second to none now, but after the massive trolling Sakurai had going with ZS Samus and Palutena, who knows if Ridley still has a shot.

where are u jigglypuff
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    well look at bowser. in some games that dudes almost as big as godzilla. and then theres olimar who is like the size of a penny.

if we can get over those two i think we could get over ridley being bowser size. i also think it mightve been a tease as well since they didnt say that ridley was a boss they just said "there are bosses in other stages too.. heres a shadow" if they wanted him to just be a normal boss i dont know why they wouldnt just show him instead of the shadow.
    Bowser was pretty normal-sized in his first (and most of his) iterations, so that's kind of a different thing. He was only that large in some of the later games, like Super Mario Sunshine. As you can see here, he's just a bit taller than Mario. Pretty similar to his size in Brawl and SSB4. And he's stayed this big throughout almost the entire series.

As for Olimar, I'm not a big fan of him either. But Ridley is supposed to be somewhat frightening or dangerous-looking, and I can't help but think that much of that would be lost if he's reduced in size. Olimar doesn't have that problem.

Again, it's only my personal opinion. I sincerely don't think Ridley would fit as a character in SSB, but I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to add him (and it wouldn't be the end of the world either).

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Gotta give you praise. While I don't agree with you in the slightest, in my many years as a Ridley supporter, having argued for his cause both throughout pre-Brawl and pre-Smash 4, there are so few Ridley naysayers who can admit that their opinions are subjective and not fact. Usually they're some of the most ignorant people around, so it's nice to see someone who actually has the brains to realize his opinion isn't a fact for once. Ridley can be scaled down, but whether it'd be right to do or not is likely a discussion that'll keep going on forever in the Smash community.
    Thanks. I was expecting tons of flak after that post, so right back at you. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree!
    Last edited by Coronius; 2014-04-10 at 07:00 PM.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Deleted
    I have never (fully) played a Metroid game, so I don't know too much about Ridley. However, the only reason I would want him in the game as a character is because Samus is the only character from the Metroid game that represents that title in Super Smash, while Pokémon, Mario and Legend of Zelda got over 4 - 5 characters.

I don't count Zero Suit Samus as another character because she is, still, Samus.

Edit: F-Zero needs more characters representing as well, Captain Falcon is the only one. Throw in Samurai Goroh or Black Shadow.

Edit: F-Zero needs more characters representing as well, Captain Falcon is the only one. Throw in Samurai Goroh or Black Shadow.
    Samurai Goroh is returning as an assist trophy. He is shown off early in the Direct when Sakurai is talking about FPS on fighters vs. assist trophies/Pokemon on the 3DS.

I want to see Ridley in if for no other reason than to see him and Charizard duke it out. Seems like the perfect event match. Besides, he has every opportunity to grow monstrously huge in his final smash. Meta Ridley. This stuff writes itself.

That shadow might have been him as a stage hazard. It might not have been. Seems awful suspicious how they beat around the bush regarding it, and there is the literalist interpretation that any stage which, say, Bowser is playing on technically has a boss character in it. But even if it was him as a stage hazard, he could get swapped out with Kraid or someone else during a Ridley match.

I'm still hoping for Geno from Legend of the Seven stars. If I remember correctly he was just under Sonic for 3rd party character on the poll for Brawl.
    Pokemon Friend Code: 0232-8070-7531

Bowser was pretty normal-sized in his first (and most of his) iterations, so that's kind of a different thing. He was only that large in some of the later games, like Super Mario Sunshine. As you can see here, he's just a bit taller than Mario. Pretty similar to his size in Brawl and SSB4. And he's stayed this big throughout almost the entire series.

So was Ridley though

15+ Year Old Account
    I always thought Ridley was too big because of its wingspan, but in Brawl it was basically a skinnier, purple Charizard with a Pterodactyl head and longer tail so why not.