Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fugus View Post
    i saw the information about mesmerize and horror, hibernate is a mesmerize, i know that, but cyclone is neither and as such doesn't share dr with it and as such doesn't eliminate it. I didn't ignore their responses, but the fact of the matter is their responses did not give anything relevant to the topic at hand unless cyclone is considered one of them and shares dr.

Didn't expect everyone to agree or disagree, the fact of the matter is hardly anyone online has posted here at all. Not trolling either but someone acts like a dick and posts responses like him, nothing better to call it.

To repeat, i know they are putting mesmerize and horror on the same diminishing returns but that isn't relevant as cyclone is neither.
    it drs with fear read the patch notes

classes need more than one cc school

Quote Originally Posted by officerlahey View Post
    Is there a way to ignore people on these forums? I guess probably not since Glurp hasn't put me on ignore yet :P

Look at how much cc paladins have atm and try to tell me druids need to lose any now that cyclone shares DR with fear and can be MD'ed

PS. we really need more dungeons with beasts/dragons or another fight like sinestra where we can actually use this again
    Not talking about paladins.

Talking about having 1 class that can effectively chain CC to that level. It would be like having a Warlock being able to both banish and fear you which is kinda ironic since they put Cyclone and Fear on the same DR so 2 classes can't chain it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    So your entire complaint is based around 1 class having 2 different classes of CC.
    If hibernate worked on every other class along with cyclone, do you think that would be fair and balanced? I doubt it since blizzard made sure that Warlocks and Druids couldn't team up and do that as they put Fear and Cyclone on the DR to keep them from doing just that.

Evil is a point of view -> HoJ -> Blinding light -> interupt
    all these can be used on any class an are significantly longer than any cc chain a druid can do. You said you haven't played for a while or something earlier. Just don't comment on stuff you don't understand. It's annoying as shit

gouge, blind, kidney, garrote
    fear, blood horror, shadowfury

etc etc etc. You dont play this game. You make 0 sense whatsoever
    Last edited by Aboubacar; 2014-04-20 at 04:38 AM.

it drs with fear read the patch notes

classes need more than one cc school
    Fear is not Cyclone, wasn't trying to elude that till you guys kept bringing it up.

Not talking about 2 classes chaining them together for that level of lock down, was talking about 1 class solo being able to lock down another with that level of lock down. You guys keep bringing up the others, so I commented on them as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Evil is a point of view -> HoJ -> Blinding light -> interupt
    all these can be used on any class an are significantly longer than any cc chain a druid can do. You said you haven't played for a while or something earlier. Just don't comment on stuff you don't understand. It's annoying as shit
    Blinding Light has a long cool down, HoJ has a cool down, interrupt is not a stun, horror or Mercerize. Not the same thing.

I would have no issues with Hibernate having a cool down, actually said that on post #1.

I am commenting on stuff I understand enough to comment on, not claiming to be the expert but not completely unknowledgable either.

10+ Year Old Account
    What DR chain? Each new cast restarts the 15 second timer. The only chain they get is Hibernate > Cyclone > DR'd Hibernate > DR'd Cyclone > Super DR'd Hibernate > Super DR'd Cyclone.

Anything other than that is not a chain, it's you being caught at various times through the fight with a CC effect.

You can cancel form the hibernate (the roots we've not mentioned) and you can interrupt (skullbash, bash, warstomp) or line of sight the hibernate or cyclone.

You can't be damaged while either are in effect either, so they're likely to be primarily used defensively.

Hibernates cooldown is the DR.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Blinding Light has a long cool down, HoJ has a cool down, interrupt is not a stun, horror or Mercerize. Not the same thing.

I would have no issues with Hibernate having a cool down, actually said that on post #1.

I am commenting on stuff I understand enough to comment on, not claiming to be the expert but not completely unknowledgable either.
    They are also instant and nearly unavoidable. If hibernate was instant and had a CD it would be worse than now. You couldn't shift it. If someone is spamming DR hibernate on you and landing it they are wasting their time and you are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    What DR chain? Each new cast restarts the 15 second timer. The only chain they get is Hibernate > Cyclone > DR'd Hibernate > DR'd Cyclone > Super DR'd Hibernate > Super DR'd Cyclone.

Anything other than that is not a chain, it's you being caught at various times through the fight with a CC effect.

You can cancel form the hibernate (the roots we've not mentioned) and you can interrupt (skullbash, bash, warstomp) or line of sight the hibernate or cyclone.

You can't be damaged while either are in effect either, so they're likely to be primarily used defensively.

Hibernates cooldown is the DR.
    Hibernate x3 > Cyclone x3 > Root x3 just to make them shift to get out of it.

After that, how much time does the feral have before the DR on Hibernate resets. How many CCs do you have to juke in a fight before they can't keep spamming them.

And the issue would come in in multiple times, such as when you are flag running in WSG to have a Resto catch you at range so you can't just charge them and they aren't trying to kill you but pin you down or the good ones who learn to judge the distance and time wraths so they hit the moment the CC ends and they are already mid-cast into the next one.

- - - Updated - - -

They are also instant and nearly unavoidable. If hibernate was instant and had a CD it would be worse than now. You couldn't shift it. If someone is spamming DR hibernate on you and landing it they are wasting their time and you are bad.
    Yes, instant but they do have cool downs as well. They can't do them one after another after another.

Tell me, would you have an issue if warlocks could now banish players too and could chain together fear and banish on anyone they wanted or would that be too much?

No one has any sympathy for Druids. They've had the most annoying, broken spell in the game for years in Cyclone.

You are complaining about one class were two specs can in theory "chain" CC one spec of one class in a one on one duel with no LoS. Explain what a chain CC would do for someone in 1v1 scenario with CC that breaks on damage? You can get a few free hits? If you are getting chain CC by spells you can avoid with shapeshit, trinkets and other breaks its more about how good you are at that point.

Also, you are concerned about a thing that effects 1% of 1% in a very special situation.

Hibernate is dispellable, breaks on any damage and can be only used on beasts. You can shapeshift it as you mentioned, you do have to drop form, but you have to drop form to cyclone too. Ferals are usually trained (maybe not in WoD if they keep double SI and bullshit 10% damage reduction glyph) and you rarely have to worry about hibernates. NS hibernate is gone as well.

Many other classes have far more cc going into WoD atm, especially paladins are extremely flexible with their cc option. A cc like hibernate that can only be used on two classes and hunter pets is hardly an issue.

+juven beat me to the new DR categories. If anything there should be a way to cast it on non beasts with how much druids have lost.
    Paladins have more CC than Druids? Is that really what you said? Paladins have 1 stun on a 1min cd (30 seconds talented) and the option of a cast time Repentance on a 15 second cd or a fear on a 15 second cd. Blinding light is being removed in WoD and has a 2min cd.

That is a total of 2 cc's of which one has a cast time on it just like Cyclone. Druids have Cyclone, roots and the choice between a disorient on a 30 second cd and a stun on a 50 second cd, along with instantly applied slows.

Druids have a total of 4 cc's when you include slows and 3 cc's if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Never said anything about nerfing its effect. I said make it where it either had a cool down or shared Diminishing Returns with another Druid CC so they can't chain them together against Feral druids.

Having them cast at you at range making sure to chain cast them every time you go into form and rotating it with Cyclone is too much though.

Tell me, would you be happy if Warlocks Banish no longer had a demon requirement on it and they could chain cast both Fear and Banish on characters?

And OfficerLahey, you cant saying no one agrees or disagrees with me as only 3 have responded to the entire thread. Also said I don't play anymore and was watching the patch notes seeing if they ever changed it. This isn't about some random duel.
    Pretty sure warlock can banish demo warlocks in Meta form. Also priest/pally use to be able to cc DK's under Lichborne effect. You become practically immune to a very popular cc (polymorph) wich most people don't have an innate defense against while gaining vulnerability to one that you can defend against by just shifting so stop crying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

So, cc thats used in like
    1 in 100,000 instances of pvp combat, is op and needs nerfed because the player is bad?

Yea....no.

Druids not affected by Polymorph. Druids affected by Hibernate. Polymorph can't be tricked. Hibernate can be tricked by unshifting before it lands.

I don't see the problem here...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Druids not affected by Polymorph. Druids affected by Hibernate. Polymorph can't be tricked. Hibernate can be tricked by unshifting before it lands.

I don't see the problem here...
    ^this so many times!

I don't wish to get in this argument, but wanted to point out that under Predatory Swiftness the feral can cast Hibernate as a instant cast..
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=69369/predatory-swiftness

However, I use it mainly for healing in pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do have to say that this brings up one recent situation in which a balance druid proved problematic. Now, in 2v2 and such, against a druid, its generally fairly easy- i can shift out of form, ect, avoid the long CC chain. However, one time in an RBG match, I was up against a team that was fairly pathetic in terms of damage sources. Even with around 6 stacks, I could survive long enough for my healers to get back and heal me even once they killed the healer, and my team was slaughtering their FC very well. However, there was this one druid that, whenever my team got a kill in, would lock me a CC chain consisting of cyclone-hibernate. Now, the cyclone itself was annoying, but I didn't dare try to deshift the hibernate- they had some stunners there, and all it would take for me to get slaughtered would be a single stun while I was shifting back into bear form. So I would simply eat the CC chain. What generally happened was that I would get moved off the flag, CC chained, and they would grab the flag, and zip it back to their base where we would inevitably re-cap the flag. We won the match 1-0, but it was a pretty long game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    blizz doesnt balance their pvp around 1v1

As a druid why would you want to nerf your own class's cc?

Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    No one has any sympathy for Druids. They've had the most annoying, broken spell in the game for years in Cyclone.
    Yeah fear isn't the strongest stun or anything. cyclone is defs the problem w/ pvp