Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    USE POWERSHOT ON GALAKRAS. Approximately a 32.33%, repeating of course, flat damage increase for yourself and all melee dps. They will not be able to thank you enough.
    As Illana was saying earlier, add in explosive trap glyph to do extra pushback, and everyone in the raid will be singing your praises!

In regards to gearing. As we know gear becomes worse when damaged. Don't trust the durability numbers, have you ever seen ANYTHING being literally good as new after being broken and repaired? So we can conclude that newer and shinier gear is always better than what you've been wearing for a week. Since all gear is hunter gear, our BiS is always the thing that just dropped from the boss and therefore we should always have right to need on it.

reminder to need on EVERY bow that drops, you cant repair weapons you just replace it with a different bow that dropped earlier this week cos god knows you'll be dying a lot if you're not jumping enough

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    USE POWERSHOT ON GALAKRAS. Approximately a 32.33%, repeating of course, flat damage increase for yourself and all melee dps. They will not be able to thank you enough.
    If you combine this with lynx rush those sick n00bs will be bowing down to your hunter godlike powers as you destroy those DPS meters

Best.Guide.EVER!!!
    Dps increased by 100k thanks to this guide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also remember that the only use of glyphed Bestial Wrath (apart from the low dps increase, easily covered by pro jumping skills) is to allow your pet to taunt and survive for 10 seconds against all bosses, effectively stacking Vengeance to very high levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Also remember that the only use of glyphed Bestial Wrath (apart from the low dps increase, easily covered by pro jumping skills) is to allow your pet to taunt and survive for 10 seconds against all bosses, effectively stacking Vengeance to very high levels.
    This is just the thread for you, sir.

that reminds me, did we mention keeping growl on at all times and misdirecting to our pet?

vengeance is very important for tenacity specced pets which EVERYONE should have their pet specced into.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    that reminds me, did we mention keeping growl on at all times and misdirecting to our pet?

vengeance is very important for tenacity specced pets which EVERYONE should have their pet specced into.
    You should always Misdirect to your healers for best results. If you need to cast Misdirection on your pet, it means that tanks are trying to counter your Growl with their Taunt, effectively reducing your dps. This often leads to a wipe.

You should always Misdirect to your healers for best results. If you need to cast Misdirection on your pet, it means that tanks are trying to counter your Growl with their Taunt, effectively reducing your dps. This often leads to a wipe.
    Someone is a quick learner. Two gold stars for Lord Pebbleton.

I'm raiding HC and can confirm that this guide is well written und 100% true. I would also use distracting shot to help the tank. If you jump, use it, run away and then feigh death the healer has time to heal the tank and the raid and tank will then change the whole positioning for that. Expect big reactions from the people for doing that. I also recommend Glyph of Scattering and use scatter shot on bosses to increase your dps since it removes all damage over time effects from the target. That will make more room for your dots. Other classes don't need dots anyway.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2014-05-01 at 12:24 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

last tuesday i distracting shot pre pot the boss around 3 seconds before the tanks went to surprise them with how well i can tank and they were full of emotion that i mdd to my pet right after with the growl on

10+ Year Old Account
    also remember, never use any other buff pet, outside of the sporebat, and a green tiger named Cringer... leave growl on and in tank mode with thunderstomp on!

Cause tank mode pets are top dps.... even the mighty tanking sporebat.....lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    aw jesus next time I get a /w from a new hunter asking ''how do I play this class?'' I will link them straight to this epic ''guide''
    THANK YOU!

I wish this guy made more vids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't able to lol.

Why hasn't this hit 60 pages yet?

PSA: APPLIES TO PVP.

This guide applies to PVP. As many jumps as you can do while still effectively shooting arrows of explosion at your target will effectively confuse, daze, and stun your target, thus increasing your chances to land that sweet, sweet KILL SHOT.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Solased View Post
    aw jesus next time I get a /w from a new hunter asking ''how do I play this class?'' I will link them straight to this epic ''guide''
    THANK YOU!
    You would be doing the community a great service.

Quote Originally Posted by femur68 View Post
    Don't forget if you do 360's in the air while jumping it gives you 100% crit for 5 seconds.
    The mechanic behind this is as follows:
    ("total airborne rotation"/360)*100%

A full 360 gives 100% crit, a 180 gives 50% crit, etc, etc. That's all common knowledge, but what people don't know is that the bonus stacks and that it creates a new stack everytime you change direction. Unfortunately every individual crit bonus is deducted after 5 seconds.

A full 360 isn't needed by the way and is actually detrimental to the raids DPS and for personal DPS in the case of BM players. Other raid members will be startled if you suddenly turn towards them when you have an arrow knocked or a bullet/bolt loaded. If you issue a Kill Command when you have your back towards the boss your pet will be confused and delay it's attacks for a while.
    To get the most of the stacking crit buff you combine it with Disengage. A simple jump only lasts about a second, but a Disengage jump lasts roughly 2 seconds. Due to reaction time this means you end up with more air time during the fight, which is key to stacking the buff.
    As for getting the stack as high as possible, I personally jump just in front of the rest of the ranged group (to avoid scaring them) and then l move my mouse as quickly as I can between roughly 60 degrees to the left and 60 degrees to the right of the target. I don't go further than 60 degrees because that makes other raid members nervous. If I'm at my A-game I do 3 full sweeps in a single jump and 7 in a Disengage jump. That gives me a 100% crit bonus for 5 seconds per normal jump and 233.33%* (repeating ofc) crit bonus per Disengage jump.
    My reaction time is about 150 ms. If a fight lasts for 6 minutes I'd be able to make a jump every 1.15 seconds, for a grand total of 313 normal jumps. I'm disregarding any incomplete jump at the end of the fight for simplicity's sake. Those 313 jumps would give me a 313 seconds of air time. With a heroic warforged Assurance of Consequence and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Chimera talented, Disengage has a cooldown of 6.67 (repeating ofc) seconds. Assuming you stop jumping if Disengage is about to come off cooldown, you'll end up with the following sequence: Disengage jump + jump + jump + jump + jump, lasting exactly 6.6 seconds. That fits perfectly with our Disengage cooldown! With that sequence you end up with 6 seconds of air time per 6.67 (repeating ofc) seconds, for a whopping 90% air time. Using only normal jumping gives you about 87% airtime. You might be thinking 3% extra airtime isn't a lot. Wrong!!! 3% more time to stack crit bonusses is nothing to scoff, but it gets even better because you can stack your crit higher during a Disengage jump than during two normal jumps.

*Extra crit over 100% is never wasted and simply has a chance to cause an extra crit attack. At 100% crit damage that makes a 50k attack with 233.33% (repeating ofc) crit chance deal a total of 200k or 300k damage. 200k is guaranteed because of 200%+ crit chance. The game then gives a 1 in 3 chance of another 100k attack, or a 2 in 3 chance of no extra attack. But it all averages out.

** Sequence explained: Disengage jump (2 seconds) + 0.15 seconds reaction time + jump (1 second) + 0.15 seconds reaction time + jump (1 second) + 0.15 seconds reaction time + jump (1 second) + 0.15 seconds reaction time + jump (1 second) = 6.6 seconds.

Edit: I used super accurate ways to measure jump lengths and reaction time. For the jumps I counted at the same speed as you would do when playing hide and seek with a child below the age of 5 (10 seconds with about 1 second in between counts). I tested each jump 100 times and ended up with 100x 1 second for normal jumps and 100x 2 seconds for Disengage jumps. They averaged out to exactly 1 and 2 seconds. Neither jump had any variance in it, so that means it was super accurate.
    For the reaction time test I used: http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime/
    The data on that site shows you that a reaction time of 150 ms is way above average in terms of goodness.
    Last edited by Delaios; 2014-05-14 at 02:22 PM.

If only people could post equally long, math'd out informative posts that are actually legit.