Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    And in Turkish language, Durak means "Bus Stop" https://translate.google.com.tr/#tr/en/durak

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it means something in Klingon. I've always thought of orcs as klingons really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    After his last encounter with Garrosh in-game it's pretty hard to look at Thrall as a hero anymore, or anything but a has been really.
    Kinda hard to be a hero when the loud minority scream mary sue if he DARES get more development.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Hehe, it's like Drek'Thar and people were saying Drek for short in AV. Funny thing is, Drek means shit in our language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Well if it was Go'del it would probably work, but Orcish is build to be a very rough unrefined language and doesn't really have any diphthongs or vowel shifts, which you get with o and e next to eachother.
    Would Geyah, Ariok, Deadeye, or Saurfang count?
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2014-06-11 at 05:11 AM.

There is a Tauren NPC called Merda, which means shit in portuguese. Funny is in the portuguese translation they translated her name as Xit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharum View Post
    There is a Tauren NPC called Merda, which means shit in portuguese. Funny is in the portuguese translation they translated her name as Xit.
    Brilliant translation, actually. I approve.

Deleted
    I hope they make 5 or more expansions about him. I didn`t have enough of his annoying father showing up from w3 to almost any major event in wow. Hope Metzen does his voice also

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    Go'el is Hebrew for redeemer, and has been used to describe jesus...At least Durak sounds like an orc name, Go'el does not.
    Durotan, Drakka, Go'el, Aggra, Durak. Hmm all of those sound pretty Orcish to me...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    This just in: words sometimes sound like other words in other languages.
    This just in, the thread killer is at it again.. It's something interesting, calm down, and take it at face value
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharum View Post
    Sounds like a load of bullshit to me (see what I did there?)

Okay, that and my Go'el - Go'away joke means I've officially overstayed my welcome in this thread. Peace!
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Durotan, Drakka, Go'el, Aggra, Durak. Hmm all of those sound pretty Orcish to me...
    Nah, not Go'el the other ones do though.

Baka means bake ( like bread etc) in swedish but in japanese baka means idiot
    Words mean different things in different language

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Father named Thrall ( slave ), son named fool.

What's next?

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    What, I have to be drinking hatorade because they turned Thrall into a coward? I didn't jump on the not liking Thrall bandwagon until that absolutely pathetic display in Siege. I think I'd have been okay with him tucking tail and running if he didn't try to sneak back in and steal the killing blow.
    ?

Garrosh's Dark Shamans cut him off from the elements so Garrosh could beat him in single combat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Father named Thrall ( slave ), son named fool.

What's next?
    Thrall's grandson, Pepsi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    ?

Garrosh's Dark Shamans cut him off from the elements so Garrosh could beat him in single combat.
    It's the "get your ass kicked, let others beat Garrosh, then act all tough and vengeful" that annoys some people, me included.

?

- - - Updated - - -
    We killed Garrosh's dark shamans before the final confrontation. And btw the kor'kron shamans (e.g. showing up in the Nazgrim and Garrosh fights), the starved slaves (Jinyu) in the Thok fight and the shamans in our party had no problem drawing upon the elements. Thrall just sucks and should DIAF along with his entire family and clan, esp his father who turns all traitor against orckind in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    This just in, the thread killer is at it again.. It's something interesting, calm down, and take it at face value
    It's also been brought up more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    It's the "get your ass kicked, let others beat Garrosh, then act all tough and vengeful" that annoys some people, me included.
    Well I guess Thrall could've soloed Garrosh while we watched, wouldn't really be great from an MMO perspective though.

Was Tirion Fordring a sissy too?

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    We killed Garrosh's dark shamans before the final confrontation. And btw the kor'kron shamans (e.g. showing up in the Nazgrim and Garrosh fights), the starved slaves (Jinyu) in the Thok fight and the shamans in our party had no problem drawing upon the elements. Thrall just sucks and should DIAF along with his entire family and clan, esp his father who turns all traitor against orckind in WoD.
    It's pretty obviously a story excuse for why we have to kill Garrosh and Thrall can't just Lava Burst his face off.

Man, Thrall can't win. Kick some ass and he's Green Jesus, get beaten by Garrosh and he's a total wuss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I guess Thrall could've soloed Garrosh while we watched, wouldn't really be great from an MMO perspective though.
    True, but you don't get your ass kicked then act tough when others do what you couldn't.
    Was Tirion Fordring a sissy too?
    Yep. Didn't like that aspect of either fight. At least Fordring fought some.... Thrall just got tossed aside like a wet rag.