Poll: High ilvl requirements for heirloom runs a viable complaint: Yes or No?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Is it right/worth it to complain about high gear requirements on flex heirloom runs?

I run a flex group every week with friends and randoms. It's flex 4 for an heirloom run. I set the minimum bar at 550. I do this to compensate for adding people of which I have no knowledge of their capabilities. I mostly do this through OQueue.

However, when I try to speed things up via trade I tend to get a lot of messages berating me for setting the minimum ilvl at 550. That I'm asking for "overgeared" and "HC ready" people. That I "want to be carried" (I'm 581 so that doesn't exactly apply). I make a brief statement about how it's my run and if they're unhappy with my requirements they can make their own. The complaints still come flooding in though.

I personally do not care because even with setting it to 550 people still sign up and it's a very quick run for a shot at an heirloom, but what is the overall view of setting a flex heirloom run to an ilvl higher than the gear it drops?

Its your run do whatever the hell you want to with it. Raise or lower the requirements as you see fit and burn the place down.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Your group, your rules.
    And I understand why you'd want high ilvl to keep it nice and easy.

It's idiotic.

But there's no point in complaining about it, either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Camaris View Post
    It's idiotic.

But there's no point in complaining about it, either.
    Mind explaining why it's idiotic?

the whole point of a heirloom run (imo of course) is to get geared people who want heirlooms and nothing else and get to garrosh asap with the expectations that it will be a 1 shoot kill
    if anything you are putting it too low :P
    Last edited by Enosh; 2014-07-03 at 04:19 PM.

Deleted
    Personally, I even ask 555+ for Flex 4 heirloom farm runs.

People who have less can join other groups with people who also have a low itemlevel or make their own group basically.

There is no point worrying about those people, most are likely just jealous that they aren't even that high of an ilvl.

Continue to make groups at whatever ilvl that you want, if they have an issue with then then just simply tell them to make their own groups. As you said, you out ilvl your own requirement and you are only doing it for BoA so there is no point worrying about the random people who take issue with your groups.

Deleted
    After all this time, people still don't get the "my raid my rules" concept. Nor how supply and demand works.
    Do whatever you want.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The one that makes the raid can put whatever arbitrary requirements on it that they want.

If they fill the raid, rock on.

If they can't fill the raid, maybe they should re-evaluate their arbitrary requirements.

Whenever someone complains about my 560+ Flex Garry groups, I tell them to go create their own groups.

If they tell me I want a carry, I just point out that I'm 585 and the fact that they think they're so high and mighty to demand for a spot in MY group with MY rules makes me believe that they're the ones looking for a carry.

If I'm looking for a fast Garry kill for a chance of a heirloom, damn straight I'll ask for 565+ people ( for normal ). Unless I know the guy from the guild or previous events, I have no idea how good anyone is and I can't be expected to take risks. Garry fight being much easier the more dps you have is just a bonus.

Is it ridiculous? Yes. Is there any other way of seeing if the 540 ilevel guy who is complaining about my high requirements is really as awesome as he says he is? Not without risking a wipe, no.

People who complain about it are always welcome to make their own raids, and we'll see if they follow their own "advice" then.

On Heirlooms only? No.

On an actual run? Yes. Skill overcomes gear. I wish people would accept "Wave 30 Proving Grounds" as our "achievement linking and iLevel sharing"
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Its your group, do what you want. And as you said its just a group for fast clearing and getting the heirloom weapons. Its not a progression group. If people with 530~ ilevel want to join (which is perfectly fine for SoO flex) they need to find a progress group instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    After all this time, people still don't get the "my raid my rules" concept. Nor how supply and demand works.
    Do whatever you want.
    i agree with this 100% BUT at the same time thats also kinda the problem with organized raiding currently. a lot of people will set ilvl requirments above what the average person looking to get into flex can acquire. i mean i know if you REALLY try you can get the ilvl (im an example of that 557 ilvl without ever doing past flex 1) but ive been a hardcore raider in the past.

all that said though most people shouldnt expect to just walk into a free garrosh kill.

I always laugh at people who complain about gear requirements in pug raids, they think they are entitled to a spot in your raid for no reason at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    I always laugh at people who complain about gear requirements in pug raids, they think they are entitled to a spot in your raid for no reason at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    i agree with this 100% BUT at the same time thats also kinda the problem with organized raiding currently. a lot of people will set ilvl requirments above what the average person looking to get into flex can acquire. i mean i know if you REALLY try you can get the ilvl (im an example of that 557 ilvl without ever doing past flex 1) but ive been a hardcore raider in the past.

all that said though most people shouldnt expect to just walk into a free garrosh kill.
    Trade chat pugs aren't " organized raiding "

10+ Year Old Account
    Well damn, I voted yes because I hit vote before I finished reading the poll question.

No, I don't see any issue at all with high ilvl requirements for an heirloom run and as a couple have mentioned, if I was organizing an heirloom run personally I'd be asking for 560 or 565+. The whole point of an heirloom run is to get to Garrosh quickly and kill him for the heirlooms - its not for gearing people who need Flex gear, its not for learning the fights, its simply about being as fast and effective as possible.

I do think its pretty silly to see some of the ilvl requirements people ask for regular Flex runs, but its also dumb to complain about them as its their run and they will either fill it or not based on how many others are fine with that requirement so there's no point in complaining. If the run happens then enough people agreed to it and qualified, and if not then the person is just wasting their own time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    I do think its pretty silly to see some of the ilvl requirements people ask for regular Flex runs
    I totally understand the concept that the higher ilvl you set your group the narrower your selection of people becomes. In my experience anything over 560 is slightly overkill when it comes to heirloom runs and you're just harming the process of obtaining people by making it take longer to find them. People start getting impatient and leaving and it just exacerbates things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post

Pugs aren't organised, nor are they for progress. At least that's not what I'm looking in them. There's plenty of 530+ flex runs going if you know where to look.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    I totally understand the concept that the higher ilvl you set your group the narrower your selection of people becomes. In my experience anything over 560 is slightly overkill when it comes to heirloom runs and you're just harming the process of obtaining people by making it take longer to find them. People start getting impatient and leaving and it just exacerbates things.
    With the amount of geared people who want to run Garrosh for heirlooms it really doesn't take long to fill a group. I join pugs for flex Garrosh 3 times a week and I won't join any group that doesn't ask for at least 560. I have three characters between 574 and 579 and from the experience I've had getting 124 Garrosh kills I've found that 560 is the minimum to have a reasonable expectation of one-shotting it.

Yes I've killed flex Garrosh with groups that had a bunch of people between 540-550 but more often than not we wipe at least once and fairly often the group can't get him down after a few attempts and everyone leaves. What's wrong with wanting to down the boss quickly with people similarly geared to my toons?
    Last edited by delk; 2014-07-03 at 05:30 PM.