Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    See my above comment. I love exploration, and I love exploration through FLYING as well. Don't put yourself on a piedestal just because you can enjoy trodding through the same content by ground 10 times and still consider it "exploring", which is the sense I get from your post and all the people claiming that flying even at 6.1 when we've explored the hell out of the zones will be just for the "lazy" ones.

I want both, a choice. Flying is no more for the lazy than a ground mount is. If you want to be really genuine, don't use a mount at all.
    With a Ground Mount - You have to go through trash

With a Flying Mount - You can fly over it and not deal with a single one till you get to mission area

BIG DIFFERENCE

Quote Originally Posted by breseis View Post

With a Flying Mount - You can fly over it and not deal with a single one till you get to mission area

BIG DIFFERENCE
    And in what the hell kind of way is having to go through trash exciting after you've done it x amount of times, and also outgear said trash...? And how the hell does YOUR way of playing get affected if I don't see no reason to trodd through trash that might daze me but still won't pose a threat unless the person dazed is a horrible player?

If you want to go through the same trash (avoiding it on the ground instead of in air) at 6.1 when we've had the main continent for 2+ months, that's fine with me. By that time I'll have explored the ground level and I'll be itching to explore on the next level.

You and others act as if running around mobs on ground is somehow a matter of prestige...spoiler: It's not. Just check Timeless Isle for a clue.

The Horde garrison looks absolutely uninspiring. I can't find any motivation to build up one of them unless I played Alliance. =/

Regarding content, why are we waiting until December of 2014 anyway? I thought they were supposed to be quicker?

10+ Year Old Account
    "Warlock (Forums / Skills / WoD Talent Calculator)
    Will the new Warlock talent: Demonic Servitude work with the existing Warlock talent: Grimoire of Service?
    Yes. (Celestalon)"

Who the fuck picks those questions... like seriously?!

Why is there a debate on flying and no-flying . We pay our sub let us do either . It so stupid to take flying out and force you to stay on the ground . And all you people that complaining about flying takes away from the gaming experience , then pretty simple fix you don't fly , have all the rich and robust experience you want I spent alot of gold and time getting almost 200 mounts and I enjoy flying . What I don't like is having only 30 mins to play and have to spend half the time travel or even worst then that all the time . Never did understand people thinking they know what's best for others . You play game the way you want and I will shut up and I play the game I want and you shut up. Simple Simple Simple .... You would think , nope all this debating and fighting , because othesr want you to play the way they do and it has no barring on them what so ever.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually that comment is kinda in the middle. A lot of us like being on the ground more than you think we do. While others... The lazier ones... want to skip fighting trash and just fly to their quest and be done with it. Being on the ground is a lot more fun than it is being put off to be. We are seeing a lot of detail, and it kinda gives you a sense that there are actually other people in the game instead of just flying around seeing empty roads.
    That feeling will be very short lived once you go through the content more than a few times. I can tell you I skip nothing on any of my character whether or not I can fly. I simple been doing the same exactly thing every since we been given opportunity to fly back in BC. You might have the notion to skip stuff, but flying for me just makes getting around faster and allows me to play all 10 of my current characters more efficiently. People are will not be on the roads, they will be in their garrison. They only people that will be out in the world, which is always very few once everyone has leveled their character and professions. Then the content turns mostly into a ghost land with the only people leveling alts still out in the world.

People been lazy in this game forever, flying did not change that. People are also creatures of habit and they will be in two main places this coming expansion. The garrison and one of the cities waiting on their queues to pop. While people like myself have to deal with not being able to move quickly through the world. Blizzard is under this fallacy, that if the put enough crap out in the world people are going to change and actually want to be out in the world. Not going to happen at least on the larger scale they are hoping to happen.

Only reason more people were out at the beginning of MoP, is because they were forced into having to do dailies, otherwise there would have hardly been anyone around in the various zones. Flying also made it more tolerable to do all those dailies. Having to wait about 4 months this time around to jump through some more hoops to make flying feel so uber special all over again, is just lame. You can only strike that kind of lightning the first time, its been part of the game for so long that it is now standard operating procedure.

Whatever, I will play the song and dance they want to play. All this will really do is make more people level through dungeons, instead of questing. Blizzard and their gating content, when are they going to finally learn.

Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleansTrolley View Post
    The Horde garrison looks absolutely uninspiring. I can't find any motivation to build up one of them unless I played Alliance. =/

Regarding content, why are we waiting until December of 2014 anyway? I thought they were supposed to be quicker?
    Well how could they have made it better? Horde is all sharp jagged edges and bone spikes. Very simple and basic with not much room for improvement.

BIG DIFFERENCE
    Then don't fly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapheiros View Post
    This. Please can Blizzard get their act together and get the art department to start working on class balance. It's getting ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    It's like when you grunt when you hit the ball in tennis, the exhalation of air gives the shot more power.

Lets not make this into a flying vs no flying thread, theres soo many of them. All we can do is wait and see how they fix the flight paths and such. I dont mind either way, i just want the lore . But yeah the horde one kinda looks boring compared to the alliance one :s

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

BIG DIFFERENCE
    You must be the one that does this sort of thing, I however to do not skip a thing. I am sure that I am not the only one that does this. But if I chose to skip something, it should be my right to do so since it is me that is play their game. I get to choose how I want to experience the content they given me to experience. However forcing me to have to experience it a certain way and have no other option to do so, is not something that should be taking place here.

They might want me to see and do everything on the ground (which I always do anyway), but that is fine until I have cleared all the content which takes about 3 days max from a questing standpoint. Most of the time it takes less and I do every single quest and explore every bit of every zone available to me. I don't piss around to look at the landscape I can do all that once I get to max level and can fly around an look at from the sky without having to deal with all the obstacles on the ground that get in my way of really looking at the landscape. If for some reason I happen to overlook something (rarely do I miss a thing), I have at least 9 other characters to level through the content.

Why is wanting to skip trash a big deal to you? Its trash it means nothing more than maybe xp to some and rep to others, after that it serve no purpose what so ever. Once you been through the content a couple times, you get the gist of the content and it is no longer meaningful. Now if you are on a PVP realm this make a lot more problem for your abilities to gank others out in the world. Maybe in the case of PVP realms they should remove flying altogether, that way you can see how many people transfer off those types of realms very quickly that so not wish to be subject to that sort of thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We still think a 6.1 patch seems like a pretty reasonable point where flying would become available in Draenor
    6.1 is perfectly acceptable.

After that I want my ability to fly back. Preferably with a nice quest chain attached.

- - - Updated - - -

Equally disturbing to the lack of kal'dorei on the alliance side?

Garrison = Human / Orc club only.
    I would prefer 6.2. 6.2 will likely add another island, and the 6.0 stuff will be irrelevant. 6 months of no flying is a good compromise.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

I have been playing Horde since I started playing some 8 years ago and I am planning on faction changing all 10 to Alliance just because I just do not want those jagged edges and bone spikes. I have also considered just not even bothering with the garrison altogether, but the perks are just going to be enough to make me want to do it. If I feel compelled to do one, I might as well enjoy it from a different perspective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I would prefer 6.2. 6.2 will likely add another island, and the 6.0 stuff will be irrelevant. 6 months of no flying is a good compromise.
    Everything is irrelevant once you been through a couple times. Waiting 4 to 6 months is just going to make people leave not stay. There are so few that go out in the world for a very long stay. I should know I am one of those that is always constantly out there and I am on a very high pop realm. Once most people level, they will be in one of two places waiting on a queue to pop. The garrison and/or a city, they wont go out in the world other than to level a profession if they have too. Since we are not going to have a ton of dailies to do, that means even less people out and about. Unless this treasure hunting TI thing gives some seriously good stuff other than toys and buffs, then many won't even bother to leave where they park their butts.

10+ Year Old Account

The horde garrison looks like a high res horde town. The alliance garrison looks like a high res alliance town. Thats all they were ever supposed to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, keeping mind that the horde garrison pics are using mostly low settings. I have textures to high, view distance to high, ground clutter to medium, shadows on low, particle effects on fair, and water on fair, and every single setting besides those are on absolute low.

Deleted
    Wiill there be one fixed place where you can set up the Garrison in Frostfire/Shadowmoon or can you do that anywhere on the map with something like in the rts games?

Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    Wiill there be one fixed place where you can set up the Garrison in Frostfire/Shadowmoon or can you do that anywhere on the map with something like in the rts games?
    Fixed place.

The ally garrison looks so much better than horde one >.>

Quote Originally Posted by SteveZombie View Post
    You're saying there are zones more beautiful than Frostfire now?
    What was the hue and cry of the last two years?

"Pandaria looks nothing like Warcraft! It's too colorful! it doesn't look like vanilla or TBC!"

Well now it looks like both Vanilla and TBC and you have people like the OP whining it's bleak.

Well guess what: that's what the Horde is, specifically the Frostwolves. It's bleak for a reason.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Fixed place.

The ally garrison looks so much better than horde one >.>
    I do like the alliance one better even as horde, but when i decided to stay horde in cata, I knew that the horde art wasn't as good for me as alliance art. Horde makes up for it through bad ass characters, and having better lore/questing. I will be leveling a few alliance toons to 100 in WOD though, which isn't something I have done since wrath.

"We looked at some new quests that are part of the Iron Horde's invasion of the Blasted lands, a few changes to Orgrimmar, and found out what The Dark Below really is."

What?? what is the dark below? anyone?

Wow I wish I played alliance...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velkhan View Post
    "We looked at some new quests that are part of the Iron Horde's invasion of the Blasted lands, a few changes to Orgrimmar, and found out what The Dark Below really is."

What?? what is the dark below? anyone?
    The first expansion pack to Destiny.