Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    aren't these meant to be ashran specific?
    Yes, they're Ashran-only items.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    Shaman one makes me lose faith in Blizzard, to be frank.
    At first I thought that Rogue's had a bad item, until I got to see what they're able to pickpocket. Now Shaman seem to replace that status, and I'm not really sure what benefit there is to a shorter cooldown on Reincarnation. If it brought you back to full health and mana, I'd understand, but as it stands now you're still a free kill once you stand back up.

Even if shamans did resurrect with full health and mana, I'd rather get something to make it more difficult to kill them in the first place.

Deleted
    Hm if druids are basically the only class that can fly in ashran, they can hide and nuke from the top of buildings or stuff, seems to be rather funny.

Also depending on the objectives the zone has, druids could be extremely fast to reach certain spots which makes the book tactically extremely valueable.

However, I think those books are some kind of a concept test and thus designed to be extremely overpowered to see how the gameplay reacts to it.
    They might get scrapped or changed alot during beta.

Hey lets buff hunters and mages so that they are unkillable gods!

What do I think of these? If they want something to succeed they better take it more seriously, not make it lol jokefest
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2014-07-07 at 11:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Hey lets buff hunters and mages so that they are unkillable gods!

What do I think of these? If they want something to succeed they better take it more seriously, not make it lol jokefest
    I think it's an interesting play-style. Ashran itself will be awesome, and what they're doing here is adding a little bit more dynamics to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post
    I think it's an interesting play-style. Ashran itself will be awesome, and what they're doing here is adding a little bit more dynamics to it.
    Nothing interesting with ridicolously overpowered game mechanics.
    I have to admire your optimistic view on it but i cant relate at all.
    If these items go live it will ruin Ashran for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    So hunters can basically run away like girls constantly now? Yay that will be fun....not.

To the OP what do you mean by "I found these" were they not on the front page for all to see??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    So hunters can basically run away like girls constantly now? Yay that will be fun....not.

To the OP what do you mean by "I found these" were they not on the front page for all to see??
    Its not like it was meant as "im the first to ever discover these".
    It was more like "oh look what i came across while browsing the forum".

Should be common sense nowadays that people often miss whats on the front page seeing that it often
    updates several times per day.

GJ getting stuck on wording tho!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Airborne healers unreachable by melee. That's not weak in any way.
    Yeah, for ten of every 90 seconds...what about the other 80? You're just as much of a sitting duck as you always were. Meanwhile, good luck trying to catch a frost mage or hunter or even a druid.

By the way, gotta just looooooooooove Blizzard's stance on no flying....unless you're a druid in Ashran. We'll let them fly. Thanks, Blizzard. Thanks for letting me know my mounts are less important to you than a stupid animal form.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

If by adding a little more dynamics you mean completely ruining it then sure.

I'm glad Ashran won't be balanced. World PvP was never balanced. You get really boring shit like Wintergrasp and Tol Barad when you try to make world PvP resemble instanced battlegrounds. wPvP is about random fun.

Deleted
    More attempts to hook people into WPVP, or remove them from it if they don't like so they don't get upset too much. Feels kinda cheap, I wonder what they are trying to accomplish by shoving PVP down our throats? Maybe the fact content has been reused (Blackrock as a dungeon with update models, really?), or the fact they are trying to cut down costs of producing more content, while we are "having fun", running around in Ashran with our "dynamic" new buffs?

I really wish Blizzard could just make a world pvp zone that doesn't have absolutely retarded buffs in that zone... Like, seriously those disengange and blink buffs? Are you kidding me? Nice to know Ashran is for ranged classes only.

10+ Year Old Account
    World PvP is never going to be balanced. Granted, this'll probably tip the scale in the wrong direction, at least most of World PvP's problems are being alleviated come Warlords.

I think these kind of items would work better in a Juggernaut-style system (where only one character has the item, it drops on death, killer picks it up and rinse and repeat) but that's been known to fail in MMO's.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    I'm glad Ashran won't be balanced. World PvP was never balanced. You get really boring shit like Wintergrasp and Tol Barad when you try to make world PvP resemble instanced battlegrounds. wPvP is about random fun.
    WPVP is never balanced, so let's fuck it up even more so that only certain classes could have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Deleted
    wpvp was never balanced do to player and class numbers, not because someone said "oh, wpvp is shit- lets make it even more shit by adding stuff than ruined cata pvp (and a good partion of wotlk) at first place"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Wintergrasp was great? I can't say much for Tol Barad but Wrath had it down pat.

I don't know about you guys but this sounds like so much fun omg

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Airborne healers unreachable by melee. That's not weak in any way.
    You do realize it lasts only 10 seconds right?
    Last edited by Gersemi; 2014-07-11 at 04:30 PM.

Deleted
    Updates!

https://twitter.com/holinka/status/484502805881704449

@DarkElpizo: whats the thought behind adding those crazy pvp-only items to Ashran? variety and more action packed? some stuff of it scares me yo

@holinka: "Crazy" items, spells in Ashran is an opportunity for us to "rewrite the rules" for a short time. It is about variety.

@daedalus4096: by "short time", do you mean the abilities granted are temporary, i.e. you have to find another book later?

@holinka: I mean during the life of the expansion, when Ashran is relevant content.
    So... not only does these items seem to be totally legit, they are planning to have them all through the expansion?

What in the actual fuck is going on?
    Last edited by mmoc9aa38bccdb; 2014-07-13 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    Updates!

https://twitter.com/holinka/status/484502805881704449

So... not only does these items seem to be totally legit, they are planning to have them all through the expansion?

What in the actual fuck is going on?
    They're trying to kill it if they're serious.

Like why would any non warrior melee even bother to do ashran when you have hunters that have a 0 CD disengage, mages that can blink every 5 seconds and druids that can fly?