Page 29 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anemicshoe View Post
    They also said at blizzcon they wanted to make faithful remakes to the old models and wanted people to see their character's old model in the new. For this reason we are trying to give constructive feedback because many of us feel they fall short in the face recreation.

Just 'stomaching' everything that blizz puts out isn't the right attitude to have.
    The point was you can't please everyone. It's our subjective opinion of what stays true to originals. For me the new models are like that. New Tauren looks georgous to me. They don't look goofy at all, but I do agree that /talk animation is tad too fast. Yet people are still nittpicking. like the way the hair bends more from x point to y point. They mentioned they'll refine things if they feel there is a ndeed to do it.

Feedback is always agood thing, but remember that sometimes it's just an opinion, and sometimes unreasonable expectations that didn't made it with new models.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by TaruHanako View Post
    Well they are in fact both, too cartoony and angry. The cartoony part is his face in the animations, it just looks too goofy. The angry part are his quick and fast body movements. Take away the "funny faces" and make the body move slower and softer = perfect.
    His expressions are too cartoony, his body language too agressive.

of course there will be changes! And changes are good, if done right. I don't like the hump of Tauren. I never did and I never will. With the new models they made the hump even bigger and sharper but that's ok! Because in official artwork we can clearly see that Blizzard wants their Tauren to have big humps.
    But a splitted upper lip and half nose are not part of any concept art. The casting animations are something we can argue about.
    The walk animation however just looks silly (the orcs have this problem just as well) because the animation is too fast for the actual movement of the character ingame.
    Taurens have always been a bit goofy (the smile/joke emotes will always be) The contrast between that and their angry faces is quite stark. I think we really just need to see it in all their glory running about a bit as well. The noses hopefully will get a little attention doesnt need anything huge just some texturing on the upper lip.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    ^ This is the reason why Developers can't please anyone. On one side there are people who are screaming that Tauren became Disney-like teddy bears, too cartoony, too soft, just bleh. And on the other side we have people who claim that new tauren are too angry, and have nothing from their gentle side.

With new Character models we should realise that there will be some changes to old models. They did said that on last blizzcon. And we all should be ready to stomach them, since now devs have full capability to show certain race(and gender), in a way they wanted to but back then didn't had capabilieties.
    But that's because these two sides are talking about different things. The face of the new tauren is very cuddly, very teddy-bear like. A large part of that is due to the weird nose they gave him.

Then he, and all the new models, were given very aggressive combat expressions. It fits for melee classes and offensive casters, but for casting a heal? Why do I have to look like this when I am healing?

"RAWRBLARGH! I WILL HEAL YOUR FACE OFF!"

- - - Updated - - -

The point was you can't please everyone. It's our subjective opinion of what stays true to originals. For me the new models are like that. New Tauren looks georgous to me. They don't look goofy at all, but I do agree that /talk animation is tad too fast. Yet people are still nittpicking. like the way the hair bends more from x point to y point. They mentioned they'll refine things if they feel there is a ndeed to do it.

Feedback is always agood thing, but remember that sometimes it's just an opinion, and sometimes unreasonable expectations that didn't made it with new models.
    I hope that you feel the same way when they reveal your main (assuming it's a female troll from your avatar.) I really, honestly do.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    But that's because these two sides are talking about different things. The face of the new tauren is very cuddly, very teddy-bear like. A large part of that is due to the weird nose they gave him.

Then he, and all the new models, were given very aggressive combat expressions. It fits for melee classes and offensive casters, but for casting a heal? Why do I have to look like this when I am healing?

- - - Updated - - -

I hope that you feel the same way when they reveal your main (assuming it's a female troll from your avatar.) I really, honestly do.
    Wow he does look goofy and happy. It is like "HEY LOOK GUYS I AM HEALING YOU =D! What I am concerned and what you just showed is that the faces are too animated and goofy at times. I know WoW has a cartoony look, but there is a time and a place for goofy cartoony looking expressions. Pixar and Dreamworks are perfect examples of how to strike this balance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    Wow he does look goofy and happy. It is like "HEY LOOK GUYS I AM HEALING YOU =D! What I am concerned and what you just showed is that the faces are too animated and goofy at times. I know WoW has a cartoony look, but there is a time and a place for goofy cartoony looking expressions. Pixar and Dreamworks are perfect examples of how to strike this balance.
    In fairness, that is a mere blip in the casting animation. I was just trying to illustrate what some people are saying makes him look "too angry".

Sig by Isilrien

Deleted

And exact for that reason you can find a large comparison of the old and new tauren face on page 20. And on page 14 is another great comparison with better view on the chin.
    This isn't about hair which of course changed with the new style this is about a splitted upper lip and half nose which have nothing to do with changes due to the new style.

I will just point out that the orcs got told they might get an additional upright pose sometimes. Can I get an additional actual-Tauren-nose option?

Did Blizzard already tweet something about Tauren? Maybe we should post these things more visible to bring the nose problem to their attention. I don't think they read these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Taurens have always been a bit goofy (the smile/joke emotes will always be) The contrast between that and their angry faces is quite stark. I think we really just need to see it in all their glory running about a bit as well. The noses hopefully will get a little attention doesnt need anything huge just some texturing on the upper lip.
    Goofy was never the way I saw Tauren. Especially with the jokes. That aren't in anyway things you would burst out in laughter. Especially not the Tauren himself. And his voice! It fits so perfectly to the old and wise cow. Very calm and slow.

I think the problem here is that they exaggerated the expressions.

I will just go out and assume that the animators are new to animate expressions and exaggerate them fear subtile animations won't be understood.
    He throws his hands around like crazy when just talking.
    Another problem is probably the large mouth of the Tauren which makes it really hard not to exaggerate everything.

In fairness, that is a mere blip in the casting animation. I was just trying to illustrate what some people are saying makes him look "too angry".
    I would put this more under "too goofy"
    Last edited by mmocc6b06519e6; 2014-08-04 at 05:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Snuzzle. With that photo. You made me laugh real hard IRL in the middle of the night lol
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Retriavenger View Post
    Style is completely different, old was badass and attitude.
    This. I absolutely loved old female Night elf and Tauren. Those two models were the reason I totally enjoyed playing my female Night elves and Tauren.

I have always felt like I've been the only person in the entire world that loved Female Tauren, glad to see I'm not the only one now!

I am going to really miss the old model though, it is one of familiarity and a hidden beauty that is hard for many to appreciate.

SUPER MEAT BOY!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I am fighting the impulse to change my Hunter back to Tauren. I don't think I'm going to win this fight.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Haha. Well, the game does share casting animations between spells and heals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Snuzzle. With that photo. You made me laugh real hard IRL in the middle of the night lol
    Hahaha well, thank you My work here is done.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    No reason to change the back hair, how the hell would they hide their tail and they can wear boots just fine. Your complaints and criticisms are unreasonable.
    back hair, tail and no boots - all things making our characters look uglier. You are incorrect as usual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ns View Post
    back hair, tail and no boots - all things making our characters look uglier. You are incorrect as usual.
    Just to make this clear: We are talking about Tauren.

Back hair doesnt bother me on my tauren. Neither does the lack of boots or the tail.

Basically you are stating your opinion, labeling it a fact, and using it to discredit someone else.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Back hair doesnt bother me on my tauren. Neither does the lack of boots or the tail.

Basically you are stating your opinion, labeling it a fact, and using it to discredit someone else.
    Seriously, my tauren has hair all over. But I'm supposed to be repulsed by the fact that it's on her back? Lol

That said, I think the old "back hair" was an artifact of the stretched out texture. I don't miss it, but it wouldn't bother me either way.

Sig by Isilrien

15+ Year Old Account
    No, you just don't like Tauren. I don't know why you are here if you just can't stand them.

Quote Originally Posted by TaruHanako View Post
    And exact for that reason you can find a large comparison of the old and new tauren face on page 20. And on page 14 is another great comparison with better view on the chin.
    This isn't about hair which of course changed with the new style this is about a splitted upper lip and half nose which have nothing to do with changes due to the new style.

I will just point out that the orcs got told they might get an additional upright pose sometimes. Can I get an additional actual-Tauren-nose option?

Did Blizzard already tweet something about Tauren? Maybe we should post these things more visible to bring the nose problem to their attention. I don't think they read these forums.

Goofy was never the way I saw Tauren. Especially with the jokes. That aren't in anyway things you would burst out in laughter. Especially not the Tauren himself. And his voice! It fits so perfectly to the old and wise cow. Very calm and slow.

I think the problem here is that they exaggerated the expressions.

I will just go out and assume that the animators are new to animate expressions and exaggerate them fear subtile animations won't be understood.
    He throws his hands around like crazy when just talking.
    Another problem is probably the large mouth of the Tauren which makes it really hard not to exaggerate everything.

I would put this more under "too goofy"
    I think maybe rather than the animators being new it might be that wows always had a cartoony/goofy out look with some serious sides put in. The old models could not convey much. Personally the animations look fantastic. Perhaps we will see more revisions they are already talking about possibly straight standing orcs being added in the future who knows what our feed back may bring

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I think maybe rather than the animators being new it might be that wows always had a cartoony/goofy out look with some serious sides put in. The old models could not convey much. Personally the animations look fantastic. Perhaps we will see more revisions they are already talking about possibly straight standing orcs being added in the future who knows what our feed back may bring
    I don't deny they look great, I just think they need to be tweaked a bit for the male tauren. He always had a slow, deliberate way of moving. The /talk especially feels a bit fast and loose. If they just slow it down a bit, it would look better, imho.

- - - Updated - - -

In other news: new beta build today! Cross your fingers for female tauren to be playable, and double cross 'em for a fixed snoot!

Sig by Isilrien

I like the way Tauren female's new face currently looks. I think the eyes fit the "big soulful" jape they make in one of her /silly or /flirt quotes.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't deny they look great, I just think they need to be tweaked a bit for the male tauren. He always had a slow, deliberate way of moving. The /talk especially feels a bit fast and loose. If they just slow it down a bit, it would look better, imho.

- - - Updated - - -

In other news: new beta build today! Cross your fingers for female tauren to be playable, and double cross 'em for a fixed snoot!
    Oh man yeah, I personally think there is a good chance they are in this build, and I honestly can't wait.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And when you see them you'll be all like and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Armoury