Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Because for every person who cares about the value of their dollar and wants to get the exact value of it down to the last cent, there's two or three people who couldn't care less and simply throw their money away.

/topic

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    what people do with their money (unless they're using parent's money) is up to them

you may think people are pants on head retarded because they keep playing wow (i left my sub running even though i didnt log on for 5 months) and i guess to a degree you may be right, but some people enjoy being pants of head retarded and i think people should be allowed to spend their money how they like
    The only truth is that no one is retarded or a moron for paying and playing something they get joy out of. People with morals and bitterness and anger can gtfo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spastic_Dreamer View Post
    Because for every person who cares about the value of their dollar and wants to get the exact value of it down to the last cent, there's two or three people who couldn't care less and simply throw their money away.

/topic
    Insinuating that people paying for the game don't care about their money because YOU don't consider it to be worth it.

Not /topic, just /arrogant.

I keep an extremely tight ship with my economics, and the 12 euro I spend each month for WoW is MORE than worth it. Hope that doesn't give the condescending preachers a nosebleed.

Well I play with time cards and my last 1 was for 6 months... It still has another month to run. That being said I don't think i'd have cancelled anyway. I still find plenty of things to do. My guild recently got Garrosh heroic back on farm after originally killing it back in February and then not killing it again till 3 weeks ago after losing loads of players after the 1st kill. I want my mount so i'm not quitting now

There could be others in similair situation who stilll have a sub but who aren't even playing.

With such a long content drought i'm suprised at the number of people still subbed in the last 2 releases of the numbers. Many will come back for WOD but I still wonder if the numbers at the beginning of WOD will be lower than they were for the release of MOP. I get the feeling that with the game being so old that the number is going to drop gradually from now on no matter what content wow gets. Only a burning legion xpac could change trend.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2014-08-06 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I just don't like people paying a company that doesn't deliver as often as they should be for what they get paid for.
    Who are you to say what people do with their money?

I'm raiding and leveling alts. Sometimes I run Onyxia and ZG to see if I'm lucky.

Now is the perfect time to level alts, max professions, and accumulate a decent amount of gold in prep for warlords. Plus there's transmog, pet, and mount collecting to be done by some. Rep building for those who want to be exalted with everyone and their mothers'. Plus there are plenty of achievements to hunt down. And of course there are still people upping their pvp standing as well as still working on conquering the various difficulties of SoO.

So yeah, there's stuff to do if you're wanting and willing to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people play the game because they have made and established a social community.
    We still raid every week, but after 14/14H I'm sure many people wanted to stop. We have had about 3-4 people just retire saying they may be back for WoD.
    I understand not everyone enjoys playing the same game for 10 years, but the reason I will never unsub is because of the guild and raiding in general.
    If I quit, my guild falls apart.

Whats the point in saving a few extra dollars anyway? The patch is coming out within two months. Better save that 30 dollars after playing for 10 years! WOAH
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

I'm still playing and will still play till servers go forever dead. Simple. Its best MMO currently and EVER, no MMO in past years have come close to smoothness, gameplay of WoW, all other MMO's are either with shit engines and clunky, buggy, blend world/gameplay or just poor boring with shitty settings and lore.
    Also there is still TONS of things to do, that can keep me fun for some free time I have each day. I can farm, play AH, collect achievements, farm all old and new raids for all kind of items (transmogs, pets, mounts, legendarys, fun vanity items),getting reputations to exalted, pet battles, PVP (bgs, arenas, rbgs), World PVP (this depends on your server, my is full so tons of it), challenge modes trying to get that best score... thats all I do, some things one day others another day, I don't spend 24/7 playing WoW, I pace it nicely so I always have something to do work for... also I haven't even touched yet Brawler's Guild and just other day started with Proving Grounds for titles.

So yeah, cant beat combo of fantastic engine, gameplay, combat, lore and all the content that WoW offers. Believe me, I tried all hyped, new MMO's but every single one is lacking something to be complete for me like WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Right now I've got a guild team working on Challenge Modes, polishing up the Battle pet Tournament (just got the last mini-Celestial pet), recently finished the Brawler's Guild achievements since they're going FoS/Legacy in WoD. Also need to finish up the Warlock Green Fire scenario and a few other smaller achievements. Should be more than enough to occupy my time until WoD goes Live.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

6.8 million people like Pet Battles.

Deleted
    collecting acm's, pets, mounts, hanging out with friends, selling HC SoO, raiding with alts and Main, even once in a while a CM for a new alt or a friend, proving grounds and try to get thouse last missing bloody coins for the title

I am still playing catch up after a 2+ year break that ended earlier this year.

I have a whole laundry list of stuff that I still would like to do before WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Farming my last Mounts and doing my last achievements to try to start WoD at 21,500 Points.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

10+ Year Old Account
    Naxx nostalgia from the hearthstone adventure had me re-sub today. I was re-subbed during the end of Q2.

I'm playing WoW. There's a hell of a lot more to do now than there was in the beautiful flawless perfect uncriticizable paradise of BC/Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course I'd have a ton of stuff to do if I resubbed, such as completing the other entire half of the games achievements, or playing a few BGs or running dungeons, but I did all that months ago and it got overwhelming and then boring because I lost the will to do anything. I plan to resub a month before WoD (or whenever 6.0 drops I suppose) but until then I'll be held over with Guild Flagships in SWTOR.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

It always cracks me up that people say that others are throwing away their money by continuing to stay subbed. As if the 15 bucks a month is going to keep you from making your rent payment. I still say subbed for 2 accounts, and while I may not play as much as I used to, 30 bucks a month is far cheaper then what I would otherwise be doing the few hours a week I spend playing WoW.

WoW is a very cheap form of decent entertainment, even during content droughts.

Deleted
    I play for the sole purpose of confusing and annoying people who tell me I shouldn't be playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    well for me it is getting the few garrosh heirlooms i'm missing and finishing all my gold cm sets .
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've unsubbed because I'm done with this expansion so I expect everyone else to do the same.

- Is what I would say if I was as naive as the OP.