Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Transmog has DESTROYED my servers low lvl gear market.

Since returning to WoW (not when I quit transmog was not introduced) I have been leveling multiple new characters just for shits and giggles. Seeing as it's Arathi Basin call to arms I absolutely love leveling this way for three days. As I'm leveling I search the AH to upgrade my gear every few levels and I've really noticed since transmog low level gear on both of my servers are asbolutely RETARDED expensive. There's absolutely no other explanation for why people are charging so high for lvl 20-50 items, literally nothing is listed for under 500g. I know 500g isn't really that much anymore but for these items it is very overp priced. How is your servers low lvl gear market? Is there no real change since pre-xmog or is just the same as my servers?

in a nutshell the sluttier the item the higher the price.... and don't buy the gear there isn't much need to while leveling.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

For what it's worth, the greens are awful anyway. You're better off doing dungeons for their quest rewards or drops. This coming from someone who routinely stops their XP on low level chars that level through PvP in order to get better items.

The market for a product is not "destroyed" just because it's not going the way you want it. For sellers this is an awesome market. Sorry that supply and demand aren't working in your favor, but it's remarkably self-centered to say it's objectively bad in some way just because you don't like it.

Yep, and it's for the better! Now I am making tons of moo-la every week off of selling fancy drops from my dungeon and raid runs; selling transmog makes up a large portion of my 10k per week income. In fact, I think it might, perhaps, be a majority of it. If your lucky enough to get a single battered hilt, your rich. If you run the FH dungeons every day on all your alts, than your practically guaranteed a fortune. people pay so much just for a sword...

to bad for you but I love it because ive made millions of gold because of transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    The market for a product is not "destroyed" just because it's not going the way you want it. For sellers this is an awesome market. Sorry that supply and demand aren't working in your favor, but it's remarkably self-centered to say it's objectively bad in some way just because you don't like it.
    Nobody gives a crap about the sellers, they tend to have more than enough gold. Getting ripped off is bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't really say destroyed. For low lvls, greens have always been crap- they are poorly itemized, often only having stam/primary stat, they never have hit, you get shit like +fire resist or +defense, ect.

Blues are where its at. Join in on the transmog market yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Nobody gives a crap about the sellers, they tend to have more than enough gold. Getting ripped off is bad.
    I don't give a shit about you or your alts that for some reason you need the maximum possible ilvl for a level 22. So the feeling is mutual, except I'm the one getting rich.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

If there was no transmog, people wouldn't be even bothering putting low lvl greens on the AH, only vendor / disenchant everything, because levelling characters either have a full set of greens from quest rewards (do 1 full zone and you're decked, no more vanilla crap "oh I'm an intellect class so only cloth for me", there is armor for most specs covered), or they're decked from dungeons, or they have heirlooms in half the slots. Twinks are a very small group in comparison to the whole population.

People still buy greens while leveling?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    For what it's worth, the greens are awful anyway.
    Basically how I feel. Oh, look, a piece of leather with str and spirit. Oh, joy. It's kind of shit that you don't have alternatives while leveling through PvP but I wouldn't even waste the gold buying stuff. I'd just do dungeons or quest for gear. PvP at low levels is generally a pretty big clusterfuck anyway as well because balance? What's balance? It's prot warriors and hunters wrecking everything while disc priests and mw monks are nigh unkillable alone.
    Last edited by foxHeart; 2014-08-20 at 03:52 AM.
    Look! Words!

If we pit the people who enjoy transmog against the people who are upset that AH greens are expensive while leveling against each other, you'll lose every day of the week and twice on Sunday. We're so sorry for the minor inconvenience you had to suffer, so that we don't have to run around in identical tier sets or ugly mismatched gear anymore. Really we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lubricious View Post
    If we pit the people who enjoy transmog against the people who are upset that AH greens are expensive while leveling against each other, you'll lose every day of the week and twice on Sunday. We're so sorry for the minor inconvenience you had to suffer, so that we don't have to run around in identical tier sets or ugly mismatched gear anymore. Really we are.
    That's fucking hilarious because over half the transmog I see are all tier 5 and 6 from BC, or the extremely easy to get Merciless and Vengeful gear. Very little actual uniqueness being used from it.

Question is, why the hell would you be buying gear while leveling in the first place? If you were a new player I'd understand but seriously, you replace gear every 3 quests these days, not worth the time unless you're planning on using that same piece for transmog later on (which is what I do while leveling). Either way, it's not destroying the market, it's making it better. Making gold by selling those items is amazing.

So only half of millions of players are fully utilizing transmog, and the other half aren't being original-but still using it. How many are upset they can't buy low level greens for their alts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Question is, why the hell would you be buying gear while leveling in the first place? If you were a new player I'd understand but seriously, you replace gear every 3 quests these days, not worth the time unless you're planning on using that same piece for transmog later on (which is what I do while leveling). Either way, it's not destroying the market, it's making it better. Making gold by selling those items is amazing.
    Was only trying to replace boots and gloves that I had had for 25+ lvls while doing Call to Arms lvling and just browsed through all the gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lubricious View Post
    So only half of millions of players are fully utilizing transmog, and the other half aren't being original-but still using it. How many are upset they can't buy low level greens for their alts?
    Not upset, not complaining at all, just noticed how over priced things are and wanted to hear from players on other servers. If you take it as I'm upset then good for you glad you think you can read emotions through text.

I'm sorry. Usually when people take the time to go to forums and start posting about how "RETARDED" something is in game, I assume it's a complaint. There are certainly a lot of people who try to list every green they find for 500g in the desperate hope that one of them will be the golden ticket.

You are NOT going to enjoy low level BGs even if you buy level appropriate epics from the AH. Transmog gear is the biggest blight on low level PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Your definition of destroy is interesting. There are 2 things that determine low level greens, disenchanting value which will be the bare minimum most greens go for on most servers and tranmog value. In any case you should just do quests/dungeons to replace gear like the rest of us.