Quote Originally Posted by Stache View Post
    In WoD all flying mounts are also ground mounts.

keep seeing people make points that they wont be able to use the new drake or whatever in Draenor and that's just false.
    the point flew over your head by about a mile, i'd guess.

keep seeing people make points that they wont be able to use the new drake or whatever in Draenor and that's just false.
    No one buys a plane (AKA flying mounts from the cash shop) just so they can watch it drive along the ground with it's wings all folded up. Same for flying mounts and especially the flying mount with lore and story based on how it was raised in the wilds of WoD and WTF - Suddenly it cannot fly.

Don't be stupid. watching my mimron's head on the ground is some pretty pathetic design because blizzard couldn't be bothers to put their new employees through the paces and make decent content and quests that also happened to have flying in game at max level. IF TBC and WoTLK could do it and produce 12+ million gamers, other expansions are capable of that as well if effort in put into the design and development.

Hell, can you imagine seeing Smaug running to Lake Town in The Hobbit? LMAO. Just how stupid of an idea can we get. Thats right dragon mounts, your to run along the ground because blizzard hired new employees.

What we're getting in WoD from our guilds beta experience is not effort. blizzard has hired some new people and it shows in WoD. Terribly.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-08-20 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terantrox View Post
    So I've been playing quite some time on the beta servers now and I must say I personally don't really miss the flying. There are just two kinds of situation where I kinda miss it, the first one is when you have to get to the top of a mountain/slope and instead have to take the long way around. The second one is when you travel long distances, because I prefer flying myself instead of taking the flightmaster simply because then I have actually something to do while flying and I can stop to check out when I see something interesting and don't have to remember where I saw it and then travel back.

However, those two points are overwhelmed by the increase of immersion you gain from not flying. This is also due to the fact that the regions are quite well designed. First of all run path length usually don't feel too long (some small exception but still overall ok). Secondly there's tons of stuff to do/explore. Often you find some rare mobs/events (which like on timeless isle are now shown on minimap, have small respawn times and a 100% drop be it item or toy) on the way so the way won't feel that long. I'm really happy how this expansion is the first one since Vanilla (maybe BC) which really made me want to explore the world again. And btw the world looks really nice and I'm pretty sure you appreciate it more if you run and don't just fly on top of it.

Finally people always say, yeah but you could just use your ground mount it's a choice. It might be, but in the end you usually choose the easy way to do something and even now if I would get flying I probably would fly simply because it's easier and faster. It's just how (most) humans are. I won't say everyone will like/love it, but please try to be open minded and try it out first (more than 5 minutes) it might be better/far less worse than you imagine.

TL;DR: Not flying in the end only has minor drawbacks, while you gain a lot of fun and immersion out of it. I'm really happy that they do it and hope people will give it a serious try first before they complain.
    All well and good while the content is still new and fresh. Try and look at this objectively beyond the excitement of having new content to play. What happens a month into the expac when all the exploration and non instanced end game content is complete, when all you are left with is dailies (weekly now), gathering, pet battles, archeology etc etc ... Is the removal of flight still going to be immersive and fun... or is it going to be fucking tedious it drives the players to sit in garrisons and just que for shit.... I am betting the latter.

I've decided that Sunsong Ranch will be a great place to sit back, sip some Pandarian Plum Wine, and quietly wait this one out. I can (yes I checked) stay in Pandaria as long as I like, all this means is I cant touch the Warlords zones.

If and when they put flight back in, I may get the expac, I may not. But personally, thats my decision.

Quote Originally Posted by stache View Post
    in wod all flying mounts are also ground mounts.
    flying mounts on the ground look like shit

Cool:

Ugly:
    Last edited by Kryos; 2014-08-20 at 02:56 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post

Cool:

Ugly:
    Lol, no.

Proto-drakes have some of the best ground (especially walking) animations among all the mounts. The way they /walk on their wings is awesome and they have a sweet run too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    For me personally yes.

That is a big reason why WoW and CoX have been my favorite MMO's. If CoX was to come back from the grave I would be super ecstatic but at the moment I have Champions Online to fill the gap for me along with WoW.

Aion didn't do a good job putting flying in their game as the restrictions started to overwhelm the freedom and fun IMO but that MMO had other problems.
    So since flying was the big selling point for you i expect you to login fly around for 2 hours and log off? Since its why u bought WOW right?to fly around right? lol
    I suggest you to buy a flying simulator instead if you like fliying so much
    Last edited by mmoc1172de686f; 2014-08-20 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post

Cool:

Ugly:
    Couldn't agree more.

Talk about immersion breaking how bout all these dragons and birds not being able to fly... <rolls eyes>

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Lol, no.
    Proto-drakes have some of the best ground (especially walking) animations among all the mounts. The way they /walk on their wings is awesome and they have a sweet run too.

If you like retarded bats.

I don't.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2014-08-20 at 03:38 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

The flying animations of protodrakes are also terrible. I remember the first time I flew with one; the exaggerated wing motions gave me motion sickness.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    The 'no flying' argument from Blizzard is just a sorry excuse for having too little content to keep players immersed in the game for very long UNLESS they make it somewhat difficult for them to get to where they need to go. If this is what the entire expac is going to be (Beta), I hold no great hopes for them having more than 4 million subs by the end of 2015 - at a stretch. There are too many other games out there that are either FtP or have more content available to keep players busy without making it difficult for them to get around.

Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't care if even ground mounts were removed IF the game were engaging enough. Unfortunately this expac is just more of the same ol'... again.

So I suppose with that line of logic one buys a speedboat then puts it on a carrier tooling around the highway. Look at me Im boating whoop whoop?

Quote Originally Posted by Zigzagzoom View Post
    So I suppose with that line of logic one buys a speedboat then puts it on a carrier tooling around the highway. Look at me Im boating whoop whoop?
    Real life analogies do little to prove a point in this scenario. Nice try though.

But anyway.. Its more like buying a boat in the middle of the desert and expecting to get use out of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The flying animations of protodrakes are also terrible. I remember the first time I flew with one; the exaggerated wing motions gave me motion sickness.
    Agreed. Terrible example on his part considering proto drakes walking animations are among the coolest.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    Thanks for your reply, I was really looking for an honest answer.

I was trying to understand where the anti-fly crowd was coming from. Most of the reasons for no flight seemed completely lame to me, so I starting thinking it is just oppositional arguing. Sorry to say, but you wanting flying removed because people are hover in cities did not seem like a real reason for removing an aspect of the game many people really enjoy. So you are right, the discussion is subjective and we are unlikely to change each others opinion.

As you say, in the end, it's up to what Blizzard wants. I don't think they give a rats ass what we think, they only care what we will pay for.

I still think there is enough room in the game for both points of view. In the unlikely event that flying was introduced into WoD, it would be after a long delay. The no fly crowd would get no fly everywhere for that time. After that they would still have no fly in zones like Assram and other TI type zones. Pro flyers would have to wait, but would get flying in some WoD zones eventually.
    Sounds like the POI rewards would have to be depreciated before they would consider turning flying on. If TJ is the tier zone for foundry, that's probably why they are saying 6.1 or 6.2. If they decide to have tier stuff for foundry all over draenor they may never unlock flying.
    One Sweet Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    No I explained this at tedium but I will do it again as you anti flight people seem to have a hard time understanding.

Instanced content is only maybe 40% of the game to me. The rest of my time is spent out in the world doing things after the max level content is consumed 2-3 weeks that leaves things like dailies (weekly now) archeology, pet battles, gathering etc etc. Tasks that can be fun when have a have flying mount but w/out turn in to a tedious mess at best a chore at worst aka not fun.

So I am not going to pay a 15 dollar a month sub and 50 bucks to play 2 times a week (raid nights),go through the leveling process, or sit in ques for 30-45 minutes as a dps to be able to actually play the game for the same amount of time?

- - - Updated - - -

This is why Blizz can continue to make a lack luster product is because of people like this.

Anyhow you KNOW I will come back... yeah when I get my one week pass they eventually send. Beyond that unless flight is returned Blizzard and this game can take a long walk off a short pier. Hell even if flight is returned the more time the passes the more likely it is I won't return with it.

Sorry I just thought expacs were supposed to bring us forward not send us back in time 8 years because all of a sudden, designing max level content is fucking hard... God forbid blizzard actually does their jobs..

You still have the anti flyers saying "No they are doing this to make a better game" even though beta says otherwise. It is the same game as MoP but now w/out flight nothing has changed

You have Bashiok even saying "We want to slow down the consumption of content" but know they are doing this for us the player<rolls eyes>

This whole removal of flight is nothing more then a way to make the Devs jobs easier, and possibly save them some money in the development of the future expacs.
    No matter what you say, all of those things are tedious even with flying mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    No matter what you say, all of those things are tedious even with flying mounts.
    Maybe, depending on the gamer but I sure as hell wouldn't want to make them worse by removing flying at max level and thats exactly what removing flying is doing. Making already tedious parts of the game worse.

Looking at it from a beta standpoint, I can't support that kind of limited vision in design and development from a game company as old as blizzard.

I'm starting to think all the problems from delayed content to a poor showing of WoD is because they hired so many noobs and had to train them the game overall suffered.

Them finally making all flying mounts ground capable is one of the things I'm really looking forward to. Being able to use the entire catalog anywhere, even on lowbie alts, is nice.

Stop trying to make world pvp happen, it's not going to happen.
    Only reason they have to disable flying is that they are trying to salvage the old world pvp, for people who remeniss how fun it was.
    They've been trying it with gimmicks like timeless isle, crz, etc.
    Rolling 9 years with stealth and glad that i made the choice back then.
    Disabling flying for me means no mounts at all, just keep on stealthing everywhere.
    Only spent like half of played time chasing after mounts that now become obsolete, whoopsiduu.
    Leaving transmog and old gear collecting for visuals the only thing to chase anymore. Well thankfully the new expansion also opens up heroic pandaria raids to be farmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    A lot of people like to say we're trying to force world PvP, or that we just really want people to look at the pretty trees we made, but those really aren't the reasons that drive this same decision we've made every expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    A lot of people like to say we're trying to force world PvP, or that we just really want people to look at the pretty trees we made, but those really aren't the reasons that drive this same decision we've made every expansion.
    I am a fan of ground mounts. I use them all the time. I am not, however, lobbying for the removal of flight. I just wanted to comment on your political parroting of a Blizz Blue.

Just because someone says something they assume people want to hear, does not make it the truth. By stating this was NOT their intention, they pretty much proclaimed it to be their intention. If there were nothing to defend, they would not defend it so adamantly.