Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

In the end, Grommash...

In the short story, we see that Garrosh removes Grom from the vision of time before he can see hope return to the orcs in the form of Thrall and the New Horde. This causes Grom to despair and trust Garrosh. Perhaps, in the end... we will see Thrall or someone else show Grom that all was not lost, and make him abandon the cause of the Iron Horde, redeeming himself?

Deleted
    I hope not

10+ Year Old Account
    Grom deserves the redemption, Garrosh in this story as someone said in another thread is basically Gul'dan 2.0. He is manipulating Grom for his own need to take Azeroth back for himself. Yes he has the best interest for the Orcs to unite them and conquer but he's doing it for his own selfish needs.
    After this story I hope Grom unwillingly or is forced or manipulated to drink/consume the demon blood. That way he could redeem/sacrifice himself
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

It's quite possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    In the short story, we see that Garrosh removes Grom from the vision of time before he can see hope return to the orcs in the form of Thrall and the New Horde. This causes Grom to despair and trust Garrosh. Perhaps, in the end... we will see Thrall or someone else show Grom that all was not lost, and make him abandon the cause of the Iron Horde, redeeming himself?
    What does that mean "remove Grom from the vision of time", how does that work and how does it make Grom despair and trust Garrosh?

Deleted
    He'll probably go character U turn and sacrifice himself in last 10 seconds uttering "I'm sorry" because orcs need a martyr

World of Warcraft needs a hot-headed character. Why not Grommash?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    What does that mean "remove Grom from the vision of time", how does that work and how does it make Grom despair and trust Garrosh?
    I think it means disrupting the vision, removing him from the mist, thus stopping him from seeing more future events. After what Garrosh tells Grom and now that Grom has seen everything Garrosh told him he's going to trust him after that.

Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    World of Warcraft needs a hot-headed character. Why not Grommash?
    Because World of Warcraft does not need more orcs.
    Space magic.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    He'll probably go character U turn and sacrifice himself in last 10 seconds uttering "I'm sorry" because orcs need a martyr
    Probably something like this yeah, we fight him for 2-3 phases and then Thrall takes some sense into him and the last phase is against some Burning Legion adds/boss or both then Grom dies in that fight to save Thrall or something of the sort.

He will be redeemed and sacrifice himself in the end. Become a legend like was in ours. He was meant to be that. It's a good shape up story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
    I think it means disrupting the vision, removing him from the mist, thus stopping him from seeing more future events. After what Garrosh tells Grom and now that Grom has seen everything Garrosh told him he's going to trust him after that.
    I don't think I really understand. You mean he only shows him part of what happens, and not for example the redemption of the orcs, but only the bad stuff?

Have you read Hellscream's short story? Grom sees the future that awais all orcs (the corruption of the land and the Horde's defeat and imprisonment). Just as Grom was seeing Thrall grow up, Garrosh pulls him out. This way, Grom thinks there is no hope left and all orcs are doomed to die. He vows he will not permit this, and the only way is by doing things Garrosh's way.

Deleted
    i'd rather he wasn't redeemed tbh, show that he's changed completely from our Grom

In the end Garrosh has become the new Gul'dan.

The shaman was saying a united horde under Grom could finally achieve peace, so Garrosh kills him, disrupts the vision at the orcs lowest point and then proceeds to trick his father into assaulting Azeroth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    Have you read Hellscream's short story? Grom sees the future that awais all orcs (the corruption of the land and the Horde's defeat and imprisonment). Just as Grom was seeing Thrall grow up, Garrosh pulls him out. This way, Grom thinks there is no hope left and all orcs are doomed to die. He vows he will not permit this, and the only way is by doing things Garrosh's way.
    No I haven't read the story, why else would I ask? But I understand now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I really understand. You mean he only shows him part of what happens, and not for example the redemption of the orcs, but only the bad stuff?
    You should read the story to get a better understanding of it, not to mention its an awesome read

Redemption? The dude is responsible for the murder of thousands of innocent people. There's no redemption from that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just about done with Hellscreams and 6.0 hasn't hit

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    i'd rather he wasn't redeemed tbh, show that he's changed completely from our Grom
    Incorrect. Ours was becoming redeemable after the second war happened. Read a book. Comeback. L2 Lore.