Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    The version of Origin I have installed will not let you do this and the documentation I linked explicitly says you MUST have an active internet connection to log in before you can go offline.
    Just like Steam. Steam/Origin can't take your account information out of nowhere without internet connection, but it's only one time action.

Just tested it specially for you: if I start Origin with no internet connection Login menu will have "Online login is currently unavailable" line asking me to enter my password. I enter my pass and it starts with no problem in Offline mode. I don't know what special version you are using but it's either not up to date or you are doing something wrong.
    Last edited by OmniSkribe; 2014-08-21 at 10:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Just like Steam. Steam/Origin can't take your account information out of nowhere without internet connection, but it's only one time action.
    No... with Origin, every time you wish to go offline you must first login. Not complaining (well I am a little), but it is NOT the same as Steam by a long shot.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

No... with Origin, every time you wish to go offline you must first login. Not complaining (well I am a little), but it is NOT the same as Steam by a long shot.
    You don't need to be online to login with Origin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    You don't need to be online to login with Origin.
    EA says you do and I can vouch that the copy I have does require you to be online in order to go offline. (shrug)
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Do you know how I bypass that? I don't turn Origin on at all and open games from exe files and it works! :O
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

EA says you do and I can vouch that the copy I have does require you to be online in order to go offline. (shrug)
    My computer says you don't, and I just loaded Peggle on my laptop to prove it :-P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Do you know how I bypass that? I don't turn Origin on at all and open games from exe files and it works! :O
    Not an option for Sims 4 or I suspect most future EA games.

- - - Updated - - -

My computer says you don't, and I just loaded Peggle on my laptop to prove it :-P
    Did you launch it through Origin? Peggle I think can be run without Origin running. The Sims 4 CAS demo and the Sims 4 early access releases I've seem can only be launched from within Origin (launching the Sims 4 executable will launch Origin). Origin from my experience, and according to the EA documentation, can only be taken into offline mode after you have logged in.

Sims 3 for example can be run with Origin uninstalled (which is how I've been doing it). But Sims 4 seems more "integrated" with Origin. It is what it is, Origin has improved over the years, but I find it funny that EAs response to demand for an offline mode is one that requires being online to use it.

Frankly, this is getting off topic. My intent was not to drag this thread into a pro/con Origin debate. I will say that I did not by Mass Effect : 3 due to Origin, but I may buy Sims 4 despite it as it has improved in many ways.
    Last edited by Kujako; 2014-08-21 at 11:48 PM.

-Kujako-

Not an option for Sims 4 or I suspect most future EA games.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you launch it through Origin? Peggle I think can be run without Origin running. The Sims 4 CAS demo and the Sims 4 early access releases I've seem can only be launched from within Origin (launching the Sims 4 executable will launch Origin). Origin from my experience, and according to the EA documentation, can only be taken into offline mode after you have logged in.

Sims 3 for example can be run with Origin uninstalled (which is how I've been doing it). But Sims 4 seems more "integrated" with Origin. It is what it is, Origin has improved over the years, but I find it funny that EAs response to demand for an offline mode is one that requires being online to use it.
    Can you stop please? You intentionally bash Origin by citing only god knows how outdated documentation and using some 'special' 'unique' version of client application. You've been proven wrong by more then one person already.

Just because you have problems it doesn't not mean that Origin works the way how you state it works.

I disconnected my internet, ran Origin, put in my details as normal and clicked the game I wanted to play. It worked with Peggle and, just for you, I tried it on my desktop with SimCity which also ran fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    No open neighborhoods, no buy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disconnected my internet, ran Origin, put in my details as normal and clicked the game I wanted to play. It worked with Peggle and, just for you, I tried it on my desktop with SimCity which also ran fine.
    Then EAs support docs are wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. I admit I've not tried it disconnected from the internet, when I saw no "start in offline mode" option and the docs said you had to login to use it I stopped there.

Wonder if I can force it to run offline via a firewall rule... something to try.

- - - Updated - - -

On a more relevant subject, not sure if the Sims 4 in game rewards for Sims 3 registrations have been pointed out here yet.

http://honeywellsims4news.tumblr.com/post/93329907121/the-sims-4-rewards-page-is-live-in-and-effort-to

Basically, if you have Sims 3 and Sims 3 expansions registered (which I did not but now do) you unlock table lamps that give moodlets in Sims 4.

And what are peoples feelings about the Deluxe vs Limited editions? I have to say I'm starting to lean towards the Deluxe if for no other reason then without swimming pools a tiki bar may be a nice thing to have for outdoor parties.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Shh people like bashing origin.... i hate ea for the sims 4 thing but origin is not a bad platform.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Shh people like bashing origin.... i hate ea for the sims 4 thing but origin is not a bad platform.
    It's still useless bloatware.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    It's still useless bloatware.
    Kinda like Steam.

10+ Year Old Account

So, this is what they were able to come up with for a trailer? Again we don't see much things new about the game, and they're still pushing their "weirder stories" as the selling point of the game.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    [launch trailer]
    #HashtagsAreFuckingStupid
    #Stupid #FuckingStupid

10+ Year Old Account

Wow, the song for this Polish TV ad for TS4 is cringy as heck, maybe even worse than the Amber trailer. And the translation for it goes like this:

Meet the smart sims with their weird ideas (surprise surprise)
    Don't stand here like a llama when there's a good action going on (not sure how to translate that but...really?)
    Don't make your neighbour (the word from the bible) suffer with his voodoo doll, buddy
    Here's our selfie (literal translation: sweet photo, and nobody over the age of 12 uses those words seriously)
    What is my aunt doing here?
    Have fun all the way until the last of your days
    Go crazy, go crazy, don't ask what's next, go crazy la la la

I don't even...

Also, they will stream some Sims 4 Let's Play on their Twitch channel at 12 PM PDT on 8/25.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2014-08-26 at 05:43 AM.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not too excited. But then I wasn't too excited about sims 3 either. Probably I'll test out my mum's copy to see what it is all about, but I'll wait until the wonderful modders and creators make the game a bit more playable :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxilot View Post
    I'm not too excited. But then I wasn't too excited about sims 3 either. Probably I'll test out my mum's copy to see what it is all about, but I'll wait until the wonderful modders and creators make the game a bit more playable :P
    Unfortunately, modders probably won't be able to add back the major missing features back into the game, looking at you pools and toddlers. Heck, word is that Story Progression can't be modded in because TS4 doesn't have a framework for it.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Unfortunately, modders probably won't be able to add back the major missing features back into the game, looking at you pools and toddlers. Heck, word is that Story Progression can't be modded in because TS4 doesn't have a framework for it.
    I couldn't care less about pools, tbh, but the toddler bit has me a bit miffed. I love my noisy toddlers. I also don't care much about the story progression. Sure we're going back to sims 2 days, but eh. I used story progression for some time I remember, when I played sims 3 a lot, but I feel just fine without it as well.

My biggest gripe is that the sims are getting too smart, if you know what I mean. It feels less like we're playing them and more like we're just watching them.