Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    "Considered for the future" is certainly a better answer than silence.
    actually, it isn't. just like Tassia said, that's a standard answer when you don't care but want to calm down a customer.

looking back at the history of the standard blizz rogue ui, which is pretty short indeed, the devs seem to have an attitude that goes like "why bother when addons fix it?".

Quote Originally Posted by Datenshi View Post
    also i was checking the other class forums to see how many pages their 6.0 feedback/discussion threads since i was like "100+ pages, that's quite a bit" and i noticed they all had like 200 - 300+ pages and my happiness got crushed completely >.>
    Without many changes, there is not a whole lot to talk about :P We were repeating ourselves many times on these 100 pages regarding how shitty our talent choices are and giving suggestions for new talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sad to see Shadow Blades go, but I'm really excited about the new changes! I'm really looking forward to Shared Combo points!
    Be strong, Clarence! Be strong for mother!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    I think the combo point change is the single thread that most of us are clinging on to. Even though combo points are not technically on the rogue, the current iteration is such a monumental change to the class that it surpasses any disappointment I might otherwise have had.
    Yes, even though the current implementation isn't what one would want, the fact that they've made the design decision that combo points are supposed to follow the rogue rather than the target is a very important change.
    Now there is a chance they will actually fix the issues instead of just saying 'It's part of the class, suck it up'.

Just need to be patient and wait for 7.0 or something before they implement it properly.

Meh. WoD is the last straw - I refuse to play along as Blizzard ignores us just like Cata and MoP. My Mage will be my main until Rogues get their desperately needed revamp.

Speaking of which, I'll predict the future right now:
    "Rogues will get a rework in 7.0, don't worry guys"
    *months later*
    "We're ganna rework Shamans instead, BUT IT'S COOL, you have a new combo UI. Awesome right?! Oh and we're giving Smoke Bomb to Shamans"

If you wanna see how pathetic the situation has become, just look at how many Rogues are grateful that Blizzard at least gave us a half-assed CP change that they might fix at a future date.
    This class isn't "in a good spot", it's downright neglected. Stuck in 2007 while everyone's in 2014.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    Meh. WoD is the last straw - I refuse to play along as Blizzard ignores us just like Cata and MoP. My Mage will be my main until Rogues get their desperately needed revamp.

*months later*
    "We're ganna rework Shamans instead, BUT IT'S COOL, you have a new combo UI. Awesome right?! Oh and we're giving Smoke Bomb to Shamans"

If you wanna see how pathetic the situation has become, just look at how many Rogues are grateful that Blizzard at least gave us a half-assed CP change that they might fix at a future date.
    This class isn't "in a good spot", it's downright neglected. Stuck in 2007 while everyone's in 2014.
    *Backstab now 315°. We heard your concerns and thought fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post

*months later*

I'm not someone who has been playing the Rogue class for years, but in the beta they feel one of the smoothest class to play. Especially with the combo points on the target. SO much so i'm considering it for one of my two characters to play. I've seen complaints about talents not being so useful for PVE. Other than that, what are the big gripes? I know i could read the whole thread, but...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    I'm not someone who has been playing the Rogue class for years, but in the beta they feel one of the smoothest class to play. Especially with the combo points on the target. SO much so i'm considering it for one of my two characters to play. I've seen complaints about talents not being so useful for PVE. Other than that, what are the big gripes? I know i could read the whole thread, but...
    The primary rogue complaints (these don't change):

1) our talents are boring/insignificant/rarely a choice.
    2) "Haste will fix it." A spec shouldn't feel like your drowning in tar to play before the 2nd tier of raid gear.
    3) Rogues are 8-day(year)-old bread. This doesn't mean that playing a rogue is really, genuinely a bad experience but... it's stale. If you've played a rogue for any expansion, you can hop back into it in less than a day without feeling conceptually behind.

More minor/controversial complaints:

1) Bugs. CP that vanish (still not slated for a fix in WoD).
    2) Other classes getting "iconic" rogue basics (long term stealth, overwhelming CC - now less than previous in comparison)
    3) We keep hearing "rogues are in a good place" from the Dev team.
    4) Things that used to be base got shoved into talents (like Shadowstep)

There are many more, of course (killing spree - one of the few attacks in the game where you can murder yourself more than 1 second after clicking it... backstab, the game's pointedly last remaining positional requirement attack), but the ones highlighted above are repeated over and over and can be found across numerous threads, spanning from the time they were first a problem (years before I was a mod) up to the current day. Most of them haven't even been addressed by the community managers or dev team.

To respond to your post directly, though, Rogues are smooth. For the most part, rogues have been smooth (spec dependent, repeat: spec dependent) since vanilla, at least with respect to almost every other class. "Smooth" doesn't really easily translate into compelling, and the jarring elements that don't fit the "smooth" feel end up grating that much harder because of it. Assuming you're talking about assassination, which is very smooth, but also requires next to no mental awareness. It's neither difficult to predict nor to execute what needs doing - in pre-raid gear, there was a point at which I tabbed out of the game for a full 9 seconds (gawd, low haste) to change my music and read a short e-mail... without losing any damage. Then I pressed 1, 2, 2, and tabbed out again. It was smooth, but uh, there wasn't anything to bite into. Iirc this was at the start of cata, for reference... but it remains fairly accurate across all pre-WoD expansions (with venom rush providing more rotation speed).
    Last edited by Kael; 2014-08-27 at 11:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    Do you already have a Rogue or would you just start playing one with WoD?

Our main concerns are that we didn't change in 10 years.
    We're stuck in WotLk thinking.
    Every other class gets our iconic abilities.
    Their reasoning for changes or more so non existent changes don't make sense.
    Classes that are in much better places get reworked while we are staying ignored.
    Bad design stays because "it's iconic".
    Absolutely NO talent choice freedom.
    Multiple talents that were and should be baseline.
    (Subjective but: ) No flashiness.
    Last edited by Feali; 2014-08-27 at 11:42 AM.

Ha. I can see where you both come from, but no i have literally zero experience of end game on a Rogue. Pvp yes, but not much PVE at all. Assassination is nice, yes, but Combat doesn't feel bad. Just a tad slower, but not so slow as to not be enjoyable. I could play both. Going to try Sub today. Not sure how that holds up but it should be interesting. I'm sure if i had played the class long term like you guys i may feel the same. As is, being a possible newcomer i can't share all those sentiments just yet. Apart from maybe the fact that not many talents affect PVE at all, and a lot are obvious choices. Then again that's just an observation. I can live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    *Backstab now 315°. We heard your concerns and thought fuck you.
    Indeed.

Possible List of Blizzard Expected Major Rogue Changes:

+ 10° Degree Angle on Backstab
    + 5yd Range on Blind
    + We thought about it and Safe Fall will not be nerfed anymore.
    + Rogues now start with one extra Inventory Pouch.
    + Tricks of the Trade now gives +5% Attack Speed to the Target.
    + New Talent [Incriminate]: Your pickpocket spell now allows you to drop items in enemy's inventory in order to incriminate the target.
    + New Talent [Fake Death] Your /sleep emote will now display the message <Player> "has fallen due to intensive injuries."
    + New Talent [Dangerous Game] Your Mutilate can now be cast with One Dagger.
    + Kidney Shot now also marks the target with the spell "Auch". [Auch 30s - "Auch, that hurts."]
    + New Talent [Persistence] Casting a spell with with Internal Cooldown on a target marked with Auch will now mark the target with "Ouch". [Ouch 15s - "Ouch, that really hurts!"]
    + Rogues now gain [Nightlife]. [Nightlife - Rogues now move +5% faster from 19:00PM to 06:00AM]

Source: Blizzard Class Development Team
    Last edited by Legendary Foxtails; 2014-08-27 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pmnfolgado View Post
    Indeed.

+ 5yd Range on Blind
    + New Talent [Incriminate]: Your pickpocket spell now allows you to drop items in enemy's inventory in order to incriminate the target.
    + New Talent [Fake Death] Your /sleep emote will now display the message <Player> "has fallen due to intensive injuries."
    + Kidney Shot now also marks the target with the spell "Auch". [Auch 30s - "Auch, that hurts."]
    + New Talent [Persistence] Casting a spell with with Internal Cooldown on a target marked with Auch will now mark the target with "Ouch". [Ouch 15s - "Ouch, that really hurts!"]
    + Rogues now gain [Nightlife]. [Nightlife - Rogues now move +5% faster from 19:00PM to 06:00AM]

Next patch:
    Due to balance issues Safe Fall is being removed
    New Major Glyph:
    Glyph of Safe Fall - Teaches the player the Safe Fall ability

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by truevalon View Post
    Next patch:
    Due to balance issues Safe Fall is being removed
    New Major Glyph:
    Glyph of Safe Fall - Teaches the player the Safe Fall ability
    But don't think the glyph is for Rogues.

I'm trying to rationalize how a development team could ignore one of the game's classes when it has glaring issues.
    Whose alt did we gank? Who still holds a grudge? Did we create so much havoc from Classic - Wrath that we sealed our own fate?

The only other class that's almost as ignored as we are is Shamans. Funny enough, that began after the "bus/dot shock" incident

Quote Originally Posted by Pmnfolgado View Post
    Indeed.

+ 5yd Range on Blind

7.0 Class Notes.

"Deadly Throw now requires 5 Combo Points in order to interrupt spell casting (up from 3 Combo Points)."

Cool nerf to something no one really uses can we get a nerf to cloak and dagger too? lol

I really like how they have the time to keep nerfing talents but don't have the time to fix any of them.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    "Deadly Throw now requires 5 Combo Points in order to interrupt spell casting (up from 3 Combo Points)."

Cool nerf to something no one really uses can we get a nerf to cloak and dagger too? lol

I really like how they have the time to keep nerfing talents but don't have the time to fix any of them.....
    Well it got buffed heavily since it's now usable in melee.
    Last edited by Feali; 2014-08-28 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Well it got buffed heavily since it's not usable in melee.
    No really much point in buffing if you have to nerf it back down to where no one will want it.

I called it as soon as I saw the buff I knew it would get nerfed and so there would be no point.
    Last edited by Wow; 2014-08-28 at 02:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post

I'm just starting to pretend its all one big joke, that way I don't have an aneurysm from the developers lack of competence.

Add min range back to it and keep it at 3 combo points.

The few Rogues left that used it are probably going to drop it for Nerve Strike or CR if this nerf sticks.