Thread: Kitten Problems

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Kitten Problems

Hey MMO-C just need some help from maybe more experienced pet owners. I recently moved to a different home, and there were three kittens already living here and the area has a feral cat problem. Now I'd been seeing a very pretty siamese kitten wandering onto the deck and the home owner had expressed a lot of interest in it, so I took it upon myself and caught it. Home owner is excited, etc. Now I've had experience with strays before, I brought home A LOT ever since I was a kid, but never a Feral.

This little girl I've named Baby is a little weird. Namely she sleeps on laps, faces, feet, chests, anywhere on you she can lay down, she's gonna sleep there, but the second you walk towards her she freaks out and runs. Now nobody has stepped on her, nobody has disciplined her in any way and she's left to roam wherever she pleases so she walks up to people just fine, even comes when you call her. So that's a thing I don't understand. I'm assuming this one will just take time.

And the other thing, oh Lord save me. She doesn't understand the litterbox I think. I mean she uses it fine, but she won't get IN it unless you put her there. She'll go SO long without using the restroom, to where if you touch her belly you can CLEARLY feel how distended it is, but she won't get in the box. She will get on my face and knead me to death to wake me up to put her in the box so she can use it. That's a second thing I don't understand. Lawd help me please.

Can cats have down syndrome or am I being harsh.

Side note; all the kittens are around 12 weeks. And the Feral, Baby, has been in the house for almost a week. Pics when I can be bothered. They're cute, take my word on it.

Deleted
    Is this it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasi View Post
    Is this it?

lol.

@bareback, I think all the knowledgeable cat people are talking about male rape in the male rape thread.

There's got to be a youtube video on how to litterbox train a kitten.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstick View Post
    lol.

@bareback, I think all the knowledgeable cat people are talking about male rape in the male rape thread.

There's got to be a youtube video on how to litterbox train a kitten.
    She doesn't need to be trained, she knows what it is and uses it, she just won't get IN it unless YOU put her there. Is there a youtube video for that? I mean, the videos I've looked at aren't specific on getting the cat to go in it. Like, here scratch the litter to get her interested, okay she looks at me like I'm retarded and proceeds to climb onto my shoulders.

Why are you taking care of the cat if it was for the owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Bareback View Post
    . Is there a youtube video for that?
    Probably. The problem is there's like a billion youtube videos on cat stuff.

I wonder if reddit has a cat section? It must.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Why are you taking care of the cat if it was for the owner.
    Because I can? Why would I just completely ignore adorable kittens that want attention etc while the owner is at work? Is that a thing? People completely ignoring the needs of an animal because it's not theirs?

Cats are weird. All of them, just in different ways.

Help. My cat is too cute.

7+ Year Old Account
    I like cats =^.^=

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Kittens aren't like puppies. They don't need you up their ass all the time.

Change the litter brand
    Change Litter box
    Change the area it's in
    Put another one in a different room or differnt floor
    Stop taking her to the litter box. She'll evenutally go.

Give the running away thing time. Cats come around.
    Tell that to one of mine, who is constantly underfoot and always ends on me or near me. Explores a little bit, then goes running back to me >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll, this one is feral, so it's to be expected that it may have some issues and odd behaviors.
    Yeah I would imagine a feral would be more independent, although not using the restroom until physically placed in the litterbox is weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does that cat jump at all? If not maybe it's to high for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kittens aren't like puppies. They don't need you up their ass all the time.

Change the litter brand
    Change Litter box
    Change the area it's in
    Put another one in a different room or differnt floor
    Stop taking her to the litter box. She'll evenutally go.

Give the running away thing time. Cats come around.
    Check. Twice.
    Check.
    Check. Been moved twice now.
    Check. There's four scattered about the house. Bathroom upstairs and downstairs. Laundry room downstairs. And guest room upstairs.
    I'm afraid she'll give herself a UTI if she holds it for too long.

Haven't taken her to the vet yet, she goes Wednesday this week.

And yes she jumps. Doesn't play much, like she doesn't know what to do besides eat really fast, headbutt your face and panic.

Problem kitten.

Other kittens.
    Last edited by Bareback; 2014-09-15 at 09:32 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because I can? Why would I just completely ignore adorable kittens that want attention etc while the owner is at work? Is that a thing? People completely ignoring the needs of an animal because it's not theirs?
    damn, you´re a lucky one, you´ve obviously never met assholes

so, i´ve you´re ever going outside for more than 20 minutes, here´s a useful advice, there are assholes in this world doing stuff you´d never imagine

ignoring kittens is probably on the low end of assholery

- - - Updated - - -

And yes she jumps. Doesn't play much, like she doesn't know what to do besides eat really fast, headbutt your face and panic.
    sounds like my kitten...
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Sounds typically like a kitten that hasn't been properly socialized at a young enough age. "Run away when large animal approaches" is just their natural instinct and since she hasn't been handled when very young it'll take a while to get over that. Just give her time. I've tamed ferals up to about 3 years of age, the important thing is to be gentle and avoid frightening them.

The litterbox problem is not one I've encountered before, you really need to ask a vet about that. One thing you could try is mixing a bit of soil with the litter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, this one is feral, so it's to be expected that it may have some issues and odd behaviors.
    What, that it's acting like a cat?

Cats suck, get a puppy instead!
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

The kitten may have urinary problems (e.g. infection, stones, etc), something you'd need to see a vet. for if only to rule it out.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Help. My cat is too cute.
    There's really only one way to fix this issue. Videotape + Youtube.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    What, that it's acting like a cat?

Cats suck, get a puppy instead!
    * hits PizzaSHARK with a big stick

Quiet you :P
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP