View Poll Results: How many subs will WoW lose in Q3 2014?

Voters
189. This poll is closed
  • 1 Million or More Subs Lost

30 15.87%
  • 500,000 to 1 Million Subs Lost

44 23.28%
  • 300,000 to 500,000 Subs Lost

33 17.46%
  • 0 to 300,000 Subs Lost

50 26.46%
  • Other

32 16.93%
Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

WoW - Q3 Sub Loss Prediction Thread!

The end of Quarter 3 is just around the corner, and you know what that means! This thread is the official "Predict the Sub Losses!"

How many subs will WoW lose this quarter?

What are the driving factors in the sub losses in your opinion?

Poll to follow!

Gain 5 million subs

A loss of 0.9-1.2 million. Reason: nothing to do.

Biased poll is biased

Deleted
    It will drop some more becuse there is nothing new to do for so long now.

300.000-ish is my guess.

Several hundred thousand again. Contentless year is taking it's toll even in teh most dedicated players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    A loss of 0.9-1.2 million. Reason: nothing to do.
    Its not really the fact that there is nothing to do, but that Mop is an all round shit expansion. When you base an expansion off fluffy panda bears, pet battles, evil rabbits, cliche boss quotes "you will perish!, you will not get to the emperoress, you will fail!", and mystical asian themed settings, then you know the expansion is doomed for failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffseid View Post
    Biased poll is biased
    How is it biased? That actually has a meaning, you can just say something is biased because you don't like it.

It seems fair to me, there is even an other option for people with different thoughts, which is not usually included in these threads.

But if you think there is going to be anything other than a sub loss you're crazy!

Deleted
    probs a 1-2mil loss, honestly wouldn't surprise me with how stale some of the gameplay is.

Deleted
    I am not sure we are going to get to know.

With 6.0.2 landing between end of Q3 and the Call, I think we might get a "The Current Subs Are" number.

So with that in mind I think there might be a gain (will for sure be a loss if we get the actual end of Q3 results).

Looks at Jaylocks avatar, yup still at it.

between 300-500k probably.

- - - Updated - - -

people have nothing to do is what I think leads people to leave at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post

- - - Updated - - -

people have nothing to do is what I think leads people to leave at this point.
    I chose 500,000 to 1 Million Subs Lost. At this point people are just plain tired of "Pandaria," and really want to move on from this abysmal expansion... I can't wait for Warlords though, I will resubscribe just a week before it hits to do the pre expansion stuff and have my chars ready at the dark portal.

What is the point of these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctusar View Post
    What is the point of these threads?
    Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    Looks at Jaylocks avatar, yup still at it.
    He might be baiting, but these quessing threads are decently entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Entertainment.
    How? All I see is people bashing Blizzard and the content.

I predict the end of WoW, nearly everyone will quit before WoD, Blizzard won't release the expansion, WoW will be no more. Blizzard (out of desperation) release Vanilla servers and the subs increase to a new high 25 million. MMOChampion will have to add a Vanilla appreciation section to their WoW forums because everyone will agree that Vanilla was the best. When classic WoW comes to the end of its 2nd year Blizzard will announce the next expansion, Classic WoW all over again.
    The entire population of earth will play WoW and decide that Classic WoW was so good that Blizzard should become rulers of the planet. Space travel will soon follow and in years to come Classic WoW will be played all over the universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    How is it biased? That actually has a meaning, you can just say something is biased because you don't like it.

It seems fair to me, there is even an other option for people with different thoughts, which is not usually included in these threads.

But if you think there is going to be anything other than a sub loss you're crazy!
    Your reply is like - the very Definition of biased

I'd agree it's likely a loss though and guess about 2-300K. Q4 Increase is what actually intersting from my pov though

10+ Year Old Account
    These threads should just be closed before they are even started. It's pointless because it doesn't affect you at all. I put other because I don't care how many subs they have, long as I am having fun that's all that counts.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators