I lump that into category 1, however I disliked the trend to give healers parity of everything. I don't need a hot to be honest and would not mind Eternal Flame going away because the mastery shield is in effect the hot component. However the strength has to be boosted on the main heal.

But you are correct we have to be viable in the common healing scenarios.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MCC View Post
    Add another item:

3. It has to perform adequately in all common healing scenarios (in other words, no critical vulnerabilities).

That's another area where the current design fails hard.
    That much is true, but out of the 6 healing classes how many fail at it, and how many succeed?

Quote Originally Posted by Akam3x View Post
    That much is true, but out of the 6 healing classes how many fail at it, and how many succeed?
    Tank healing, AoE healing, movement healing. Am I forgetting anything?

Deleted
    Tank healing, AoE healing, movement healing. Am I forgetting anything?
    Not what my question was.How many classes actually put up decent tank healing,AoE healing and heal on the move altogether out of the 6? Paladins sure don't...but most others don't either.

Not what my question was.How many classes actually put up decent tank healing,AoE healing and heal on the move altogether out of the 6? Paladins sure don't...but most others don't either.
    Um. Okay, since you seem to be claiming that there are classes with critical weaknesses in any of these three areas -- aside from us -- would you like to name those classes?

AoE healing is the only "critical weakness" I see with the spec, and that's specifically "sustained AoE healing" since we can talent for bursts of AoE healing (Holy Avenger).

The loss of mobility doesn't seem critical to me right now, but I haven't researched a lot of Mythic encounters to see if it will become a more magnified/prevalent issue in that format. I would like to see some sort of instant cast mechanic baked into the spec.

My biggest issues are still our lack of talent choices, the relatively weak power of T90 & T100 talents, an antiquated "rotation" in regards to FoL spam on Beacons, Crusader Stirke and it's idiocy, and that our 4pc will likely lock us into certain talents (EF/DP). These are issues that really shouldn't be issues this far into testing and I would not be surprised if very few of them are addressed (I do expect ToR/Mana balancing changes)

Regardless of those issues with the spec, I've felt pretty competitive in all of the testing we've done - which was a handful of normal bosses and LFR bosses. I definitely prefer a healing game closer to the opening of Cataclysm than the end of Siege - but it was very frustrating for many players back then and I suspect it will be the same this time around. If healing isn't the only role a player enjoys I suspect they will favor a dps/tank role over this style of healing (unless the grass really is greener on the rdruid/priest side of the fence then maybe they'll go there =)
    Guild - Twitter - 7/7M Highmaul (US#87) - 10/10M Blackrock Foundry (US#49)

The main problem right now is the lack of versatility. We just don't have to tools to do the job. When we had lots of HP we had the option to blanket EF (somewhat) on the raid or cast frequent LoD. With this essentially killed, we've had our ability to react to raid damage completely gutted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    The main problem right now is the lack of versatility. We just don't have to tools to do the job. When we had lots of HP we had the option to blanket EF (somewhat) on the raid or cast frequent LoD. With this essentially killed, we've had our ability to react to raid damage completely gutted.
    this is exactly the main problem. while other healers have the tools to efficiently adapt to whatever type of raid damage is happening, we do not. and we will not be able to compete with other healers when it comes to progression until we do, simple as that.

Agreed. So stupid...
    Does he have a resto druid/shaman and/or priest video? Would love to see his perspective on that.
    I looked, but didn't see any.

Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post
    Does he have a resto druid/shaman and/or priest video? Would love to see his perspective on that.
    I think he makes videos for things he feels strongly about. I doubt he has strong feelings about druids, shamans or priests.

Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post
    Resto Druid
    Holy Priest- "quick look"
    Disc Priest - "quick look"

Actually going to watch them all later since I am still clueless about all the other healing specs atm, though I'm hoping they aren't ALL negative videos =)
    Guild - Twitter - 7/7M Highmaul (US#87) - 10/10M Blackrock Foundry (US#49)

He is doing them for all of the classes, but been doing class by class hitting the specs.. Up through DK, Druid, Monk, Mage, Hunters, and Pally. More will come.

Holy Priests, Resto Druids, Disc Priests all do. That's 3 out of the 6.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

On the discussion of fun, has anyone played the other healing classes? They're legit all boring as fuck. Druid has to be by far the worst, followed by priest and shaman.
    Shuttle of Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
    On the discussion of fun, has anyone played the other healing classes? They're legit all boring as fuck. Druid has to be by far the worst, followed by priest and shaman.
    I've only really played paladin and druid, but I have to admit that I've been thoroughly enjoying druid so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
    Pretty much every healer class has been dumbed down and their inter-spell synergy made next to non-existent.

From spamming 2-3 buttons to obtain optimal class efficiency to clunky mechanics, I am pretty sure a lot of healers will be burnt out fairly quickly at how boring/unintuitive every healer class is.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Has anyone done numbers on EF vrs LoD? Will it be a similar situation to mists where you use one not the other when speced specifically?

Deleted
    Havnt played the BETA at all. Could someone please try to explain how we are supposed to heal on say mythic difficulty on a fight where you are kinda spread, (think like malkorok HC)

EF on 2-3 targets at a time when youve 20 people in raid?
    Casting some random single target heals while using 3 HP LOD on CD?

I know scenarios arent as black or white. But you get my question.

Reason im asking is i really really feel its a huuuuge weakness of the specc?!

Quote Originally Posted by Stinalicious View Post
    Havnt played the BETA at all. Could someone please try to explain how we are supposed to heal on say mythic difficulty on a fight where you are kinda spread, (think like malkorok HC)
    You don't. Just stand around and look pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinalicious View Post
    All you can hope to do is spot heal and beacon transfer to the tanks. You're just as well going SS in that scenario, dropping SS on the tank and two raid members and using LoD when you finally generate some HP.

In short, you can't AoE heal in that situation. You just have to single target heal and hope you keep on on throughput via beacons.