Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clebane View Post
    Like a drag corner?
    Yeah or just writing somewhere how long you want the radius to be in terms of pixels or w/e.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    Yeah or just writing somewhere how long you want the radius to be in terms of pixels or w/e.
    You can kinda do that already. Just decrease the scale and increase the distance factor.

Here's what I have. Seems everything should be good to go.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6r5xmhmdfj...Sonar.zip?dl=0

Any of you have experience with SVN and uploading to curse with ssh keys and the whatnot?
    If not, I can create the addon on curse and add you as authors if you have a wowace account.

Oh, one more tiny thing.
    Should the final addon be Holy Nova Sonar or just Holy Sonar? I was leaning towards HNS.
    Thanks! I have never used Curse (or anything really) for uploading addons, but I use SVN a lot. Feel free to send it to curse and add us as authors, I believe we can push updates that way?

About the name, I just randomly named it sonar-whatever, but it kinda sounds nice. I like Holy Nova Sonar best, also.

http://www.wowace.com/addons/holy-nova-sonar/ is the wowace page
    If you want to be added as author, just pm me on wowace.
    I'll tag it as release close to Tuesday, it's alpha right now.

I have temporarily removed the sliders for positioning. The :GetPoint method seems to return whatever it likes in relation to where the frame on the UIParent.
    All the addons I use, I don't use sliders for big UI parts like that.
    I added a few slash commands as well
    /hns on/off/toggle/lock/unlock/opt/options
    Last edited by Clebane; 2014-10-11 at 03:32 PM.

I have temporarily removed the sliders for positioning. The :GetPoint method seems to return whatever it likes in relation to where the frame on the UIParent.
    Very nice! Thanks a lot, it's looking pretty great

<3 This is why I'll always play my priest. The community is just so fantastic.

But why is the radar rectangular?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    <3 This is why I'll always play my priest. The community is just so fantastic.

But why is the radar rectangular?
    Its a texture not found bug. Paths to the textures does not match due to renaming of the addon folder. If you dont want to wait until the bugfix you can do it yourself by changing the option.lua line 81/82 to
    Code:
    	circleTexture = "Interface\\AddOns\\HolyNovaSonar\\textures\\diamond.blp",
    		linesTexture = "Interface\\AddOns\\HolyNovaSonar\\textures\\lines1.blp",
    I have a raid in 5 mins so i cannot commit the fix now.

I pushed the fix!

Deleted
    Will this lovely addon you have been working hard on be available for use by 6.0?

Quote Originally Posted by Aimeez View Post
    Will this lovely addon you have been working hard on be available for use by 6.0?
    You can download it from WoWAce! (or Curse, I believe)

By the way, Clebane, how do we push updates? Just do a SVN commit using the developer URL? What about the libs folder, does it get commited and I have to delete it or is it auto-deleted when I commit?

Also, why is it under "Achievements"?

I added options to change the textures (also added new line textures)
    Last edited by moothz; 2014-10-13 at 03:55 PM.

I use SSH authorization to push updates so my url is
    svn+ssh://svn@svn.wowace.com/wow/holy-nova-sonar/mainline/trunk

Make sure you have setup repository authorization under your user management page.
    Use Puttygen to generate a key and Pageant for the client.
    You can NOT upload libs with it. That's what the .pkgmeta file is for, you should see this file if you clone the development link.
    There is a bunch of documentation on how it's packaged as alpha, beta, and release based on how it's tagged.
    I can't explain it all because there is a lot of information. All of what I have learned I got it from the documentation.
    I use TortoiseSVN for all my commiting and tagging if you wanted to know. Though I think you can use sourcetree as well, which is what I use for bitbucket and googlecode.

Edit: Herpa derpa on the achievement thing. Main category is priest now.

- - - Updated - - -

The addon will by syndicated on curse as soon as it's tagged as release. All the bugs are finally ironed out I think so it will be on curse some 6.0.2 patch.
    Last edited by Clebane; 2014-10-13 at 04:09 PM.

K, thanks for the heads up, I think I got it
    I won't be home for a good couple of hours, so I've zipped what I modified/added here (in case you want to push another update):
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/rz4bk3plqg...Sonar.zip?dl=0

I have no idea what's wrong with it, but I can't change the size of the radar. Every time I try and move the slider, or manually change the number, it just resets back to 200.

Halp.

Deleted
    Uploaded a new version and merged it with your code @moothz. (but i left the alpha of the lines at 0.3 as default, using the diamond texture without the lines looks strange)
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I have no idea what's wrong with it, but I can't change the size of the radar. Every time I try and move the slider, or manually change the number, it just resets back to 200.
    Halp.
    Should be fixed, thx for the report

Quote Originally Posted by moothz View Post
    K, thanks for the heads up, I think I got it
    I won't be home for a good couple of hours, so I've zipped what I modified/added here (in case you want to push another update):
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/rz4bk3plqg...Sonar.zip?dl=0
    All looks good except the alpha on the lines. Personally, it looks better with it. You might not know it has it there if you have it off by default.
    We haven't pushed 1.0 out, so no need to increment the version yet.

Small bug on the resize and scale. Dessi fixed it.

All looks good except the alpha on the lines. Personally, it looks better with it. You might not know it has it there if you have it off by default.
    We haven't pushed 1.0 out, so no need to increment the version yet.

Small bug on the resize and scale. Dessi fixed it.
    Oh, my bad, I didn't realize I had set the alpha to 0 default.
    I think I got a bug when setting the good/bad color, it reseted position to the bottom left of screen. I'll try to reproduce it later when I get home

Is the addon ready for this Wednesday? <3

I would love to test it at least!

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome! Will be giving it a try, come 6.0! <3

Yeah, seems to be working fine now on Beta.

Can we download it early? Will it get buggy or mess with things if installed today instead of tomorrow?