Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Experience with mages in arena--Do they BM you when they have the kill?

Hi there! I have been playing Hearthstone for quite a few months already so I am by no means a new player, however I never really got into arena much, I usually sticked to casual or ranked. I did however start doing some arenas in the last few days and I have noticed that EVERY mage I face that ends up killing me ALWAYS uses "Sorry" or "Hello" right before killing me and some even go as far as pretend they don't have the kill only to Fireball my face in the very last second.

In fact, my games with mages always tend to be very similar: they have the early board, they focus on going face instead of trading. When I control the board completely I am already at 15 health +- and then they proceed to finish me with a combination of Fireballs/Frostbolts/Pyroblasts/Charge minions. The fact that they BM me right before Pyroblasting my face only adds insult to injury.

Do you have a similar experience?

Back when I used to play I BM'd everybody except for other legends.

I've had priest and mages do this to me.

Best was when it was a golden priest...I think I won that one in the end...not 100% sure.

Yes, this is common. Advanced BM involves waiting for fuse then saying sorry/hello with fireball/pyro/spellspam to the face. Be ready for the fireballs and skillstrikes, common cards ezgg.
    Stay salty my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krommm View Post
    Yes, this is common. Advanced BM involves waiting for fuse then saying sorry/hello with fireball/pyro/spellspam to the face. Be ready for the fireballs and skillstrikes, common cards ezgg.
    i'll never forget the time i hade 4 flamestrikes in the deck and couldn't pick up any with less than 10 cards remaining.

i play mage and only mage in hearthstone. I only have one legendary (antonidas) and access to naxx lvl 2 cards. very casual, rank 13 max. Winning against a leg decked control warrior at rank 19 in an awsome game, only to have him tell you in /w that two hours later he is rank 3, while i am still rank 18 due to aggro decks.... This sucks.

I nearly always loose to aggro decks, but nearly 100% win against control like Priest / warrior / by outlasting them. Nothing is more satisfieing than winning against a warrior that had like 8 legendarys and at some point 30 + armor . Or having a priest die from exhaustion dmg, and watching him card draw choking by abusing his carddraw mechanic.

If it is the 5th or 6. zoolock in a row, it happens that i wait for fuse while browsing the internet. Those zoo / aggro players with their cheep ass decks with brainless play really deserve to get trolled in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    i play mage and only mage in hearthstone. I only have one legendary (antonidas) and access to naxx lvl 2 cards. very casual, rank 13 max. Winning against a leg decked control warrior at rank 19 in an awsome game, only to have him tell you in /w that two hours later he is rank 3, while i am still rank 18 due to aggro decks.... This sucks.

I nearly always loose to aggro decks, but nearly 100% win against control like Priest / warrior / by outlasting them. Nothing is more satisfieing than winning against a warrior that had like 8 legendarys and at some point 30 + armor . Or having a priest die from exhaustion dmg, and watching him card draw choking by abusing his carddraw mechanic.

If it is the 5th or 6. zoolock in a row, it happens that i wait for fuse while browsing the internet. Those zoo / aggro players with their cheep ass decks with brainless play really deserve to get trolled in my opinion.
    Waaah I got beat by someone who didn't spend 3 months playing/$100 on their deck. The deck must take no skill.

Zoo isn't an unbeatable deck. It's considered good because it has a favorable matchup against MOST decks. However, in those matchups, there are very few where it has a better matchup than 55/45. It's very consistent and it makes for fairly fast games. That's why it's used so much on ladder.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ever play an Arena match with four Ice Blocks?

Best counter-BM ever is Ice Blocking four turns in a row before nuking to finish.

Say "thank you" and "sorry" one more time at me, bitch. Go on.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I'll be honest, when I saw "BM" in the title at first I thought this was going to be a very different kind of thread...

But on topic, I don't play often, but when I do it generally seems like I get either players that do nothing but try to annoyingly spam the taunts/etc throughout the match, or total silence. Haven't noticed a pattern class-wise, but like I said, I don't play much.

10+ Year Old Account
    every single mage i have played against does it. and for some reason almost every priest.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    To me Mage's always stall their turn as long as possible, highlightning all their cards and minions, pretending to be considering options, then at the alst second just pyroblast my face and kill me instantly.

(They could have done it at the start of the turn).

Welcome to Hearthstone.

90+% BM

Jainas "Hello" And "I'm Sorry" are so generic but soul crushingly devastating it is hard for most to pass up.

Deleted
    In my experience douchebagery is a universal, undiscriminating human condition. It doesn't care how you dress, in which order you button and zip, or what class you play in Hearthstone, or even whether you win or lose. I actually had a guy BM me in chat, after he had BM'd in-game and won the match. I probably wouldn't have accepted the friend request but I might as well have a good laugh at the absurdity of these people.

I only wish that ek0p, frodan, and other esports personalities would stop glorifying BM because seriously these people don't need further encouragement. If anything it is that sort of behavior that stops us from having nice things, like an in-game chat.

Deleted
    Yes, mages are perfect for slow kills in arena and I see a lot of people taking the advantage of that.

I've always seen BM as the nerdiest thing possible. That raging german kid from the old days of the internet? Staple guy for BMing everything in sight. It's because they rage and whine at their losses it somehow makes them feel very powerful when they return the favor.

It's hilarious watching all the streamers play in tournaments. They promote BMing hard from their comfortable home seats but in tournaments it's almost like they're trying to NOT hit the opponent for more than the exact lethal at the end and always sit there like nothing is happening when in reality they would be jumping around in their seat and screaming whatever goes on through their minds at that point. This just further proves BMing is for pussies and cowards who only do it in certain situations and are affraid of backing it up everywhere.

BM its part of the game, seriously there is no chat you just frustrate your opponent a little bit with making think you cant win and then you do.

How can you mange real life if one gets butthurt about this?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    BM its part of the game, seriously there is no chat you just frustrate your opponent a little bit with making think you cant win and then you do.

How can you mange real life if one gets butthurt about this?
    Have a total stranger stand extremely close to you and continue talking loudly right at your face.

It's the same kind of petty annoyance. There's literally no reason for it except for losers to think to themselves "hner hner hner I'm so cool".
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

For the love of god, what is BMing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

10+ Year Old Account
    bad manners.. being a douche

10+ Year Old Account
    After reading this tread.. I only now realised it. But I always play as a Shaman and when I get a lucky topdeck, I use the "Sorry" emote because I genuinely do feel for them. I'd be frustrated in their spot as well if my enemy topdecked the winning card. So then I say "sorry" to them and make the kill. Though never did I think people would see it as BMing.. Until now, that is :/
    Now this made me feel even worse :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinela View Post
    After reading this tread.. I only now realised it. But I always play as a Shaman and when I get a lucky topdeck, I use the "Sorry" emote because I genuinely do feel for them. I'd be frustrated in their spot as well if my enemy topdecked the winning card. So then I say "sorry" to them and make the kill. Though never did I think people would see it as BMing.. Until now, that is :/
    Now this made me feel even worse :/
    I think you will do yourself and others a favor by just not emoting your top decks. You are unfortunately in a small minority and your opponent will not be able to distinguish you from the mass of BMers. That way, you and them will all feel better