Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I realize that to some people believe theft is the worst thing in the world, but if there was ONE company worth/deserving of scamming, it's Wal Mart.
    I don't think anyone thinks it's the worst. Rather, people like to carry their ethics consistently and cringe at people who fail to do so under shitty rationale.

The economic wrongs that come with Wal Mart do nothing to justify petty fraud.

If walmart wants to make more money with their ps4s then they should work harder and get a better job.

10+ Year Old Account
    More things get stolen in wallmart at the price for playstation every day. Probaly 1000 times more in price.
    Those people at least *steal* it with paying for it.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    More things get stolen in wallmart at the price for playstation every day. Probaly 1000 times more in price.
    Those people at least *steal* it with paying for it.
    Believe me I know this. I used to work in the electronics department. Had kids stealing the $10 Gameboy games every time they came in. I know, I caught them once but couldn't do anything because the manager that never came out of the office had to catch them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would feel bad if it was anybody but Wal-Mart. Hopefully the employees don't catch hell for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    If walmart wants to make more money with their ps4s then they should work harder and get a better job.
    Hahahaha.

I don't think this is stealing, you are still paying for the item and getting the item in return. It is just a clever use of game mechanics. It is Walmarts own fault for having the policy that is easy to abuse. If it was me I would set the price match cap at 40% of the stores actual price.

Guy bring in a price match for a ps4 for 50$
    50 dollars is over the 40% limit so the lowest he can get it is 240$.

I mean it still could be taken advantage from, not as bad though.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    I don't think anyone thinks it's the worst. Rather, people like to carry their ethics consistently and cringe at people who fail to do so under shitty rationale.

Pretty much this. I just don't like it when people justify shitty behavior because they don't like the people being wronged in the scenario.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

ha, screw Walmart

Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    ha, screw Walmart
    Welcome back!

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Welcome back!
    Thank you!

/hug

that's wal-mart's fault - how hard or unreasonable is it to ask for an actual link just to verify it? i bet they do it now!
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Sounds like something you could go to jail for.
    Unlikely. If you set up an account and made a false listing for yourself to screenshot, maybe, but not taking a picture of somebody else's listing and using it. How were you supposed to know that Sears did that by mistake?

it's a big company, so i don't feel sorry at all for them.

pretty funny imo.

I don't know how legitimate the citations are from the video (I cannot stand that YouTuber, I refuse to listen to his obnoxious mannerisms), but most retailers specifically say they'll match only Amazon fulfilled products, not 3rd party sellers.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post

Preface: I don't steal nor do I have any desire to, I have my own reasons. The following is hypothetical.

My objection to stealing would come from the fact that somebody would be victimized by it. For the case of Wal-Mart, my method of stealing would be clever enough not to result in people being fired for it. The result would be a tax write-off. This would not be inconsistent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I realize that to some people believe theft is the worst thing in the world, but if there was ONE company worth/deserving of scamming, it's Wal Mart.
    I agree 100% Warlmart is pretty scummy, but this in the end wont hurt them, only those that try to get a better deal by price matching, if this were food, or warm jackets for people,that would be one thing, but this is pretty messed up.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    OH no, whatever will wall mart do....or something

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I agree 100% Warlmart is pretty scummy, but this in the end wont hurt them, only those that try to get a better deal by price matching, if this were food, or warm jackets for people,that would be one thing, but this is pretty messed up.
    How is this "messed up"?
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    — Winston Churchill

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokinrond713 View Post
    OH no, whatever will wall mart do....or something

- - - Updated - - -

How is this "messed up"?

Well first off Walmart has Insurance, so they are covered for the loss, 2nd every single one of the PS4 units can be tracked and redlined so they don't work, Ala 90$ PS4 brick, 3rd this point going forward you or I or anybody else looking to price match because the insurance Walmart has will require them to verify that much more before they price match in the future if they price match at all, which could drive cost up, 4th This isn't going to do anything but line the pockets of people who are already criminals, meaning people that have no problem stealing from other people or for any other reason regardless to if it is WALMART!

So as I said this was messed up, I think Walmart is Scummy, and it would be nice if in all this THEY were the ones that would pay and be hurt by this alone, but they wont, not even a little.

Walmart is not compelled to price match based on information you give. The people making the store-fronts are probably guilty of false advertising at worst, but its the responsibility of Walmart to decide what they sell their products for and based on what criteria.

Even if something were to happen to those people advertising systems for $60, it wouldn't have ANYTHING to do with Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Well first off Walmart has Insurance, so they are covered for the loss, 2nd every single one of the PS4 units can be tracked and redlined so they don't work, Ala 90$ PS4 brick, 3rd this point going forward you or I or anybody else looking to price match because the insurance Walmart has will require them to verify that much more before they price match in the future if they price match at all, which could drive cost up, 4th This isn't going to do anything but line the pockets of people who are already criminals, meaning people that have no problem stealing from other people or for any other reason regardless to if it is WALMART!

So as I said this was messed up, I think Walmart is Scummy, and it would be nice if in all this THEY were the ones that would pay and be hurt by this alone, but they wont, not even a little.
    You're wrong. I could show walmart a doctored picture of a Wii U for $4 and I wouldn't be guilty of anything. If Walmart decides to sell me the unit at $4, then that is their choice and their responsibility. Once they have sold it to me for an agreed price, the transaction is complete.

If any company involved were to then turn around and brick or otherwise screw with those systems, they would absolutely be guilty of crimes.

Is it good faith? Hell no.
    Is it scamming? Absolutely.
    Is it illegal? No.
    Last edited by Delekii; 2014-11-20 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Pretty much this. I just don't like it when people justify shitty behavior because they don't like the people being wronged in the scenario.
    Walmart more or less fucked up though.

Shitty behavior on the part of the scammers ... maybe...

But it was their policy combined with poorly trained employees (you know, rather than maybe training them a little harder in exchange for say... a livable wage) that ultimately culminated in a loss of money.

That irony is what makes it hilarious.