Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

cop/police chase advice needed

so my brother was in a car with his gf, and my brother was apparently driving. now my brothers license is suspended so hes not supposed to be driving. a cop went to go pull them over (for what im told a reason wasnt given why) and my brother got scared and decided to drive away. at some point he apparently parked the car at the house and went into the woods in hid. the cop saw someone run into the woods but wasnt sure who it was and didnt go look for him. he then tried to arrest his girlfriend for driving the car but had no proof it was her and couldnt do it, he also tried getting the mom to admitting it was her who was driving. Now like 3 days after the incident the cop came to my house and said he was looking for my brother and said his girlfriend said he was driving. hes apparently going to go to my brothers job tomorrow to talk to him. the cop doesnt have proof of who was driving but said he was trying to get an alibi from my brother to say he wasnt there and then i believe the cop said he was going to charge his girlfriend then. now my question is, because the cop doesnt know who was driving, what can happen to them?
    Last edited by Crazyalbo; 2014-11-21 at 05:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone's going to get in trouble. Is your brother that low that he's willing to throw his girlfriend under the bus? The best thing for him to do would probably be to just own up to his mistakes.

Sorry, but your brother is an idiot.

One of them has to step up, otherwise they can both be charged with obstruction.
    "The more we nurture our perversions the more human we become."
    -Vendetta Red

Prudes...

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get your brother to speak to a Lawyer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    Someone's going to get in trouble. Is your brother that low that he's willing to throw his girlfriend under the bus? The best thing for him to do would probably be to just own up to his mistakes.

Sorry, but your brother is an idiot.
    This ^^^^^

The car didn't drove itself. So the oh great justice system you live in has tricks to either pick the guilty out of the party or put the blame on whole party. It's either up to the mom and girlfriend to step up and tell the truth or take the blame for your bro.

Your brother's a complete fucking scumbag by any measure. I cheer for him to face the maximum possible criminal punishment.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Your brother's a complete fucking scumbag by any measure. I cheer for him to face the maximum possible criminal punishment.
    I don't want to sound like a dick, but so much this.

He broke the law, severely, and should be punished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

The owner of the vehicle is going to have to either tell them who was driving or get in trouble themselves.
    Your brother should man up and hand himself in to the authorities. There is no excuse for running from police just because of a bad licence. It isn't worth killing some random kid, or his gf, etc., just so he doesn't get in trouble.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    ok, so out of curiosity to, the cop never gave a reason for trying to pull them over either, does he need to do that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyalbo View Post
    ok, so out of curiosity to, the cop never gave a reason for trying to pull them over either, does he need to do that?
    Erratic driving maybe? Suspicion is enough to get pulled over most of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was the car in your brother name?

Tell your brother to grow up and take responsibility for his problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinansho View Post
    One of them has to step up, otherwise they can both be charged with obstruction.
    No, you can't be compelled to testify against yourself.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Camel View Post
    Was the car in your brother name?
    no it was his girlfriends moms car

10+ Year Old Account
    no it was his girlfriends moms car
    Did he originally lose his license while driving his girlfriends car?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Camel View Post
    Did he originally lose his license while driving his girlfriends car?
    no, i believe it was because of tickets that hes paid off a majority of

The best advice is to not talk to the cops about it in any way, and especially without a lawyer present. Your brother *cannot* help himself or others by talking to the cops. If the prosecutor has evidence to convict someone, he's going to do that. Talking to them doesn't take any evidence away, it simply gives them more evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a bit long, but everyone should watch it.

Could be random, that's legal here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dusselldorf View Post
    The best advice is to not talk to the cops about it in any way, and especially without a lawyer present. Your brother *cannot* help himself or others by talking to the cops. If the prosecutor has evidence to convict someone, he's going to do that. Talking to them doesn't take any evidence away, it simply gives them more evidence.
    Why are you abetting scum?