Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why Does The Barn Have To Take Up A Plot?

Why do we get every other gathering profession for free, but skinning requires us to take up a slot? I mean mining and herb dont take up plots, why do skinners get the advantage of being more useful than miners and herbalists?

What about the other gathering professions? What makes skinning so special? Do you think that when blizzard updates the garrisons in the future pass they should give everyone a free barn to make it fair? Maybe allow us to switch out the pet battle building for a barn. I mean i dont even have a max lvl pet and that plot is taking up space.

Deleted
    takes a bigger room to process the skins of dead ponies than it does to pick a few flowers, and Mines are under the entire garrison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it would be unfair on skinners if the value of their resource went down, however it's ok if they make herb/ mining useless :S

because the barn is skinning + cooking and also at lvl3 the only source of savage blood
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

it applies to multiple professions.

Savage blood will soon be the most expensive thing on the market - I think its fair

Deleted
    I think the barn is one of the best value slots really. You get mats for skinning, mats for tailoring, mats for cooking and at level 3.. you get the mats needed by every single profession for upgrades.

Deleted
    I think his point is not about the Barn, but just the fact that you can get mining and herbalism materials by default but if you want skinning materials then you need to take a medium building for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Screw skinning! I want my archeology digsite! The mine carts are worthless.

Barn should not take a plot spot.

- Only source of Savage Bloods
    - Only source of the best feast in the game (raiders are forced to take the barn to help supply their guild bank)

If they don't change it somehow, Barn will be the only spot that's guaranteed to NEVER be replaced for the entirety of the expansion, even after Savage Bloods become useless. Even the free seal from the lv3 War Mill is just that, a free seal, but making it the ONLY source for the best feast makes it far too valuable.

I don't see why people are so adamant against it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    - Only source of the best feast in the game (raiders are forced to take the barn to help supply their guild bank)
    The feasts aren't that great. They boost your highest secondary stat only so unless you take off gear before eating, you don't necessarily get the best boost from it. They're for lazy guilds. The best food is individual food.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    The feasts aren't that great. They boost your highest secondary stat only so unless you take off gear before eating, you don't necessarily get the best boost from it. They're for lazy guilds. The best food is individual food.
    What on earth are you talking about? Do you somehow not have your best secondary stat as your highest secondary stat with your gear equipped or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Lothrik View Post
    What on earth are you talking about? Do you somehow not have your best secondary stat as your highest secondary stat with your gear equipped or something?
    you mean you stack your best secondary stat? what are you, some kind of elitist tryhard?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Well, you dont. You dont need the building to skin mobs. And you dont need it to receive leather.
    You do if you don't have the profession, unlike Mining and Herbalism where you can just collect ore and herbs every day without having the profession.

The money returns off a barn is so much better than the garden and mines... herbs and ores sell for chump change, fair bit less than 1g each, while a few leathers sell for a LOT... and then there's savage blood - why complain about it?

Leathers have always been fairly profitable compared to other mats.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2014-12-07 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    ... so you don't stack your best secondary stack? What?

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    The money returns off a barn is so much better than the garden and mines... herbs and ores sell for chump change, fair bit less than 1g each, while a few leathers sell for a LOT... and then there's savage blood - why complain about it?

Leathers have always been fairly profitable compared to other mats.
    The money return is so much better because EVERYONE has a mine and a herb garden. History would be different if the barn was also a fixed plot that everyone had.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Well, you dont. You dont need the building to skin mobs. And you dont need it to receive leather.
    Tell me how your garrisson produces skin and leather without the barn?

Because he point was that you get mats for other professions on every single alt you/main you have just by doing your Garrisson.

I was severely dissapointed by the barn to start with as it not only takes up a slot but it takes a lot more of your time then simply leveling a skinner compared to the mine and the herb garden.

The only good thing about the barn is Savage blood. ANd that coming from one, and only one building makes it even more ridiculus imo.

As far as I'm concerned they can ditch the fishing shack, the most underwhelming building by far. Nat Pagle can be unlocked in a similar way (mostly through quests and fishing). Fish catch size in garrison waters would be solely related to garrison level (no real change). Nat Pagle wouldn't need to be assigned to a building to unlock Lunkers, that would happen automatically after obtaining him as a follower.

In the shack's place comes a cattle farm. By default it can only raise either cows or sheep (awarding leather/fur respectively). Quests/followers unlock the ability to domesticate talbuks/rylaks/clefthoofs/boars/riverbeasts/elekks. Herding those animals would yield their meat in addition to fur/cloth. They can come up with a simple daily task for each animal, like feeding or cleaning.

Would help with the completely skewed gathering professions. Ore is piss easy to get enough of on an alt as low as 92. Getting leather is much slower, with beasts not even giving a full leather until Spires of Arak. Getting it from the barn means giving up feasts or cloth and is much more annoying to maintain. Lumber Mill can be farmed for over 4 days in a single day, barn will take up half your inventory if you do that. More meats are also welcome since they're used in every raid potion.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is a fair point OP. It makes sense for the barn to be standard for everyone because the other two gathering professions are. But also because every(?) profession needs savage blood, so the barn is universally useful to everyone.

Deleted
    there should be a skinning buiding similar to the mine/garden that provides fur/leather and maybe meat with follower bonus.

the barn can either be reworked to keep the feast/savage blood + someting new, but my preference is that it is removed entirely, the best feast returned to cooking, and savage blood becoming something of a rare primal spirit or special craft that you can get with any profession.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2014-12-07 at 09:59 PM.