Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Then, you know...they need to change the tool tips. Since it will not give an item to go with your current spec.
    Affliction still benefits from crit, it may not be ideal, but it is an appropriate stat for a caster. You can use a coin in a raid and get a crit/multistrike neck even if it isn't ideal for affliction. If it gave you Bonus Armor clearly there would be an issue and that is what the "Appropriate item for spec" thing means.

What novx said. The "for your class" thing is for general things, like making sure tanks get tank gear, dps gets dps gear, and healers get healer gear. It is *not* nor has it ever been for getting perfectly itemized pieces for your spec. This is nothing new, and frankly ridiculous to be pissed off about it, particularly with how highmaul has poor itemization already for pretty much every single class and spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Killface1 View Post
    Don't worry guys. Havoc is down to a 20s CD. That'll fix everything.
    Confusing change. Usally i don't want to Havoc/CB at Highmaul every 20 sec. I don't remember fights where i able to Havoc/SB every 20 sec.
    Also makes glyph of Havoc debating and maybe useless(but i will take this glyph on Emperor anyway)
    Wouldn't help destro on fights like Ogrons and Tectus - demo is better anyway.
    I think this hotfix changes nothig.

So glyph of havoc, absolutely worthless in all situations now? Pre-cast havoc, consume havoc sub-chaosbolt casttime (or 3x shadowburn if adds), havoc again then immediately consume. Glyph of havoc without the glyph of havoc penalty.

Also, glyph of fear in highmaul? Broke or still broke? More news at 11.
    Last edited by Fanatik; 2014-12-18 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanatik View Post
    So glyph of havoc, absolutely worthless in all situations now? Pre-cast havoc, consume havoc sub-chaosbolt casttime (or 3x shadowburn if adds), havoc again then immediately consume. Glyph of havoc without the glyph of havoc penalty.

Also, glyph of fear in highmaul? Broke or still broke? More news at 11.
    Pre-casting 20 second Havoc already made Glyph of Havoc basically useless. It being 15 instead of 20 makes it a tad easier, but it's still just as pointless. There only time you'd want to use glyphed Havoc is if you cannot also precast a Havoc, which is basically never.

Quote Originally Posted by Thragtusk View Post
    Protip: if you aren't dead last as a warlock your raid members are bad and need replaced. There's no excuse to not be out damaging a warlock right now.
    Oh dear, that means everyone except a couple of people are terrible! Oh, the humanity! Their previous experience and generally good DPS means nothing now!

Deleted
    the more I play my warlock, the more i am UNHAPPY !

Blizzard told to all players that level 100 talents should be fun and should not underperform. So, is someone can explain me where is the fun with level 100 talents for demonology for exemple ???? Just take a look with demonbolt, the aim of demonology is (for me) to be morph into a demon as long as possible, but, with the talent you will be the shortest possible time as a demon... The same with affli and SB : haunt... Charred Remains is so fun but with no mobility (I will always prefer a punchy gameplay to a boring gameplay for the same dps).

Quote Originally Posted by VirTu4L View Post
    the more I play my warlock, the more i am UNHAPPY !

Blizzard told to all players that level 100 talents should be fun and should not underperform. So, is someone can explain me where is the fun with level 100 talents for demonology for exemple ???? Just take a look with demonbolt, the aim of demonology is (for me) to be morph into a demon as long as possible, but, with the talent you will be the shortest possible time as a demon... The same with affli and SB : haunt... Charred Remains is so fun but with no mobility (I will always prefer a punchy gameplay to a boring gameplay for the same dps).
    If you aren't the type of progression raider or even just a casual raider (Heroics/Normals) you don't really need to utilize our level 100 talent properly. If you don't want to take Demonbolt as demo, don't, take Cataclysm. With that being said, don't expect to do the same DPS as a warlock that is properly utilizing those mechanics that are available.

When it comes to me I don't care if the talent has the worst playstyle ever and is 100% trash if it does more DPS, hence why I use GoSup/DemServ for Single Target as Destro, it isn't because I love the spec. If you are willing to take that DPS hit in exchange for a more fun experience feel free to but understand why your DPS will be lower. I honestly think the only level 100 talent that we have currently which "underperforms" is Charred Remains as it turns us into an AoE cannon and actually lowers our single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Locklife69 View Post
    Blizzard never seemed to understand that people who play demo always want to be in demon form. We have been asking for extra time in demon form for many years, but they just dont give a flying fuck about what us "core of raiders" think.

they need to hire a class developer for every single class. I dont understand how they dont have enough money to do this. they make like 3 trillion dollars per year off of us.
    I play demo and enjoy being in both caster and demon form...you shouldn't try to speak as fact with things that are opinions.

Warlocks had a class developer, he got fired for leaking information he shouldn't have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard never seemed to understand that people who play demo always want to be in demon form. We have been asking for extra time in demon form for many years, but they just dont give a flying fuck about what us "core of raiders" think.
    While I don't agree entirely with being in Meta for as long as possible, I do agree that Demonbolt takes us way too far in the wrong direction in terms of minimising it. My main issue though is simply that it's an extra spell and an extra timer the spec simply does not need. It doesn't 'fit' properly for me when you look at the playstyle all the way up to 99, or if you take an alternative 100 talent. They should, honestly, have gone down the Charred Remains or even Soulburn: Haunt path with the talent and mixed up what we already have, instead of adding something superfluous. Meanwhile, Demonbolt (probably by another name) could have gone to Destruction as the extra spell people have been crying for in the rotation since MoP's Beta, where there is room it might well have fit better.

they need to hire a class developer for every single class. I dont understand how they dont have enough money to do this. they make like 3 trillion dollars per year off of us.
    Completely disagree. Giving 'ownership' of a class to someone make it their baby, it's just asking to cause arguments and friction in the development team; perhaps even ridiculous arms races.

10+ Year Old Account
    based on my experience on the forums and in the game, most people that ive talked to have wanted Demon to have a higher uptime in raids. That is afterall why we all started playing demo in the first place... isn't it?
    Been playing Demo since before Meta, it was always about having stronger (and latterly more!) minions.

based on my experience on the forums and in the game, most people that ive talked to have wanted Demon to have a higher uptime in raids. That is afterall why we all started playing demo in the first place... isn't it?
    No, it isn't why I play the spec. I play the spec because I enjoy the playstyle in certain situations. It gives a steady balance of Single Target and AoE while also giving a reasonable amount of mobile DPS. We spend significantly more time in Demo form nowadays as compared to a few years ago where it was just a 20second buff that had a 2min+ cooldown.

To add to what Jess said, we control demons as Demo. We have our pet and our imps (and swarms of imps) - that is what demo is about...not being a demon.

Deleted
    I don't enjoy Demonbolt.

Primarily because Meta Soulfire just feels like it packs a punch, and I miss the mobility afforded by ToC.

Cataclysm is cool and I like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    I don't enjoy Demonbolt.

Primarily because Meta Soulfire just feels like it packs a punch, and I miss the mobility afforded by ToC.

Im with him

I hate demonbolt =\

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    I don't enjoy Demonbolt.

Cataclysm is awful and nowhere near as cool as it was when cast by Kanrethad Ebonlocke.

Quote Originally Posted by Thragtusk View Post
    Protip: if you aren't dead last as a warlock your raid members are bad and need replaced. There's no excuse to not be out damaging a warlock right now.
    I would suggest checking out mythic kill videoes by method... its funny as sparkuggz is a wlock, and supposedly all his raid members suck donkey cock because hes top 5 most of the time...or wait, hes skilled so np...

Most fights I am first or in the top 3. If your gear is good but your dps is low, your doing it wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    I would suggest checking out mythic kill videoes by method... its funny as sparkuggz is a wlock, and supposedly all his raid members suck donkey cock because hes top 5 most of the time...or wait, hes skilled so np...
    you do know why, right? if you dont, then maybe you shouldnt bother writing stuff like this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    I made this for another guy a few days ago.

If you can even put in as much effort as I did there (which basically just means you need to have a pulse) you can beat Silver which is all that is needed for Heroic Dungeons/LFR.
    Hey sorry bit off topic but any chance you could direct me to that addon pack? or at least list the addons used to track your CDs and embers? cheers!

Deleted
    you can prolly find most, if not all in the weakaura thread.