Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhoraks View Post
    When was the last time you say anything about "Hitler" even in terms of history without being called a Neo nazi?. .
    We were having a discussion at work one day about Hitler's inventions, and how they help revolutionize many things in the world we use today. We got called in by Captain asking if we were promoting Hitler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Just as you do not wish to know them, they do not wish to know you, not on the level I'm talking about anyway. So why are you right, and they wrong?
    Me not wishing to know them = I do not care about them.

They however are not wishing not to know me, they are looking for a target to harass.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I mean as far as it goes the recent protests weren't peaceful and the ignoramus in the video neglects to mention this. Had people not rioted and burned cars and buildings no one would have really had too much of an issue with the actual peaceful protests. All it takes are a few bad apples to ruin shit for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    I'm not talking about your feeling on MB. On multiple occasions you have tried to excuse the actions of criminals because of socio-economics, because of their age ( even if they were 17 or 18 ), where you tried to claim they didn't know right from wrong fully because they were just kids. Or because of mob-mentality, when it came to rape. You always try to find a way to blame shift, instead of saying " these people should have just known better than to rape/kill/rob/etc etc.
    There was a 14 year old white boy who killed his friend, I don't feel he should have been charged as an adult because 1) he's fucking 14 and 2) he had clear mental issues.

17 year olds same deal, they are minors, not adults.

Hold the fuck on, me bringing up a legitimate psychological argument = making excuses? Holy fuck, fuck science right! It's all about the feels!

Who is more evil:

A) Guy walks up and shoots a girl in the head
    B) Guy finds himself in a group surrounded by people doing bad things, with people pressuring him to shoot the girl.

We know that person B may have had their capacity for evil greatly expanded because of peer pressure, while person A was already that evil.

Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    It is against the law in my country and you can even be sent to jail for racism. That is at least one thing my country does right... and I'm happy for it. It seems to work as well, since we don't have people spouting random hatred in public or walking around with swastikas. It might just be a european thing, but hey, we don't have our cops murdering everyone with a different skin color in the streets either, nor nearly as high of a police violence rate.
    In my city alone we've had 9 officers shot in a month. 2 FBI officials, and 3 US Marshals. I'd think that might have a little sway on why cops are shooting back.

Is that happening on the regular in your country?
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I mean as far as it goes the recent protests weren't peaceful and the ignoramus in the video neglects to mention this. Had people not rioted and burned cars and buildings no one would have really had too much of an issue with the actual peaceful protests. All it takes are a few bad apples to ruin shit for everyone.
    It takes very little to think badly of others. People sure jumped on the wagon to condemn and otherwise de legitimize the protests that were taking place.

I certainly don't think it was a stretch to believe that people who disagreed wanted an excuse to condemn and invalidate the purposes for why the protests were taking place in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

In my city alone we've had 9 officers shot in a month. 2 FBI officials, and 3 US Marshals. I'd think that might have a little sway on why cops are shooting back.

Is that happening on the regular in your country?
    Do you live in Detroit?
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    What about the people who actually lived in Ferguson who were trying to protect their place from the outside rioters?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    There was a 14 year old white boy who killed his friend, I don't feel he should have been charged as an adult because 1) he's fucking 14 and 2) he had clear mental issues.

17 year olds same deal, they are minors, not adults.

Hold the fuck on, me bringing up a legitimate psychological argument = making excuses? Holy fuck, fuck science right! It's all about the feels!

Who is more evil:

A) Guy walks up and shoots a girl in the head
    B) Guy finds himself in a group surrounded by people doing bad things, with people pressuring him to shoot the girl.

We know that person B may have had their capacity for evil greatly expanded because of peer pressure, while person A was already that evil.
    Person B could said " No, this is wrong, and have a brain of his own "

How about ALL of them are wrong. Oh and 14 year old don't understand the consequences of murder? I blame Call of Duty, stupid people not playing Hard core mode don't realize you can't re-spawn in real life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    No, because our cops don't behave violently themselves and thus don't instigate any violence.
    I heard driving home from work and wearing your uniform is behaving violently. That's happened three times this month, because they had their uniform on.

Now please, make more excuses for criminal behavior.

Person B could said " No, this is wrong, and have a brain of his own "

How about ALL of them are wrong. Oh and 14 year old don't understand the consequences of murder? I blame Call of Duty, stupid people not playing Hard core mode don't realize you can't re-spawn in real life.

- - - Updated - - -

I heard driving home from work and wearing your uniform is behaving violently. That's happened three times this month, because they had their uniform on.

Now please, make more excuses for criminal behavior.
    This isn't about what person b could say, it's about the fact person b was under pressure and mob mentality has been proven to increase one's capacity for evil.

14 year olds may understand but that's not the issue here.

If you're going to delve in to topics and have an intelligent discussion a couple things need to happen.

- Agreed upon basic data source
    - Agreed upon definitions

When you bring something new in, you need to cite sources or definitions for your argument to contribute anything other than just your opinion.

That being said -- I think the word you're looking for, instead of racism, if discrimination.

However, if you truly mean racism, as in I don't trust most black people. That's a survival instinct actually. If I live in an all white neighborhood and someone of color (doesn't matter what) comes in at 3am -- I'm going to be suspicious. If it's 11 at night and someone out of the ordinary is acting unusual in a black hoodie and going out of their way to hide and not be seen. I'm going to be suspicious. In all of these instances I have not done anything illegal --or even wrong. I'm merely holding them to suspicion.

Now, when you cross the line is when you plainly shoot them, rape them, whatever for being of a different color. But here in, your topic is too narrow. There is more to life than the color of your skin. Your age, gender, race, nationality, etc.

Protests are fine if done in a legal way. Get a permit. However, if you honestly feel your situation is gross enough -- then sure, do an illegal protest but understand ahead of time: Plan to get arrested. This is part of the process of change. The law is the law. Period. When you break it -- whether you are morally right or wrong -- does not come in to question with the law. You can either a.) change the law through your politicians or b.) through force. One of these is peaceful. One of these can get you shot, arrested, killed, etc.

Absolutely NONE of these makes it right for you to burn down buildings or loot stuff. This, right here, is why people like me view the Ferguson issue as less of a race problem and more of a problem with the public being opportunistic.

If you're really wanting to talk about discrimination -- everyone gets discriminated against at one point or another. Everyone. Yes, even middle aged white men.

If you are sincerely interested in trying to find racism -- I would suggest looking up formal data. Now some site from FOX or TheHuffPo that claims something... show formal data so people can look up *how* it was collected and *where* it was collected from. After all, you *may* find that some peoples definition of rape is being touched in a way they don't like (e.g. brushing their hand with yours; that's not rape, that's assault at worst) because of how a question was phrased. People should be allowed to question the data, how it was collected, and how it was presented.

t;dr; If you are sincerely interested in change, talk to your local Congress Critter. Floor your Congress Critter.

If you can't flood him.. your issue isn't big enough.

What about the people who actually lived in Ferguson who were trying to protect their place from the outside rioters?
    they don't get reported enough sadly, there were some really brave people in Ferguson defending the property of friends and family
    The world was just as bad when you were young as it is today. You only see it now because of your age.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaMoose View Post
    they don't get reported enough sadly, there were some really brave people in Ferguson defending the property of friends and family
    They were, but we had Wells in there screaming " they should have been arrested for open carry, and being forceful ", even though MO is an open carry state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the Fergusan MO arson and general disruption is being actuated by professional protesters from outside of Fergusan MO. Milwaukee WI is preparing for the same conga line of anarchists to arrive there over the Dontre Hamilton shooting. The governor of that state has already begun mobilizing the guard.

People are still trying to redirect actual culture clash issues in irrational field to be able to label it as 'racism'. Orwell would be proud his predictions on the West future are coming to life.

Deleted
    Are you comparing being harassed by certain people of a race vs harassed by a group with clear racist goals?
    Neo-nazis are a race by definition of the wikipedia definition people like to throw out here: Race is a social concept used to categorize humans into large and distinct populations or groups by anatomical, cultural, ethnic, genetic, geographical, historical, linguistic, religious, and/or social affiliation

- - - Updated - - -

So far we have several studies pointing to low iq being related with prejudice and racism, if only the less intelligent bigots could just accept that they're not up to speed and be less hateful.
    Except studies point out that it has nothing to do with that, at all: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0811005342.htm

This thread makes a few things abundantly clear.

1. A large segment of MMO-C doesn't understand the term "racism" and are woefully ignorant of the racial dynamics of this country going into 2015.
    2. Empathy (and education) are scarce commodities here in general, and particularly so when discussing minority races in America.
    3. Few are actually interested in, or capable of, discussion on these topics. The ignorance is baffling really.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    This thread makes a few things abundantly clear.

1. A large segment of MMO-C doesn't understand the term "racism" and are woefully ignorant of the racial dynamics of this country going into 2015.
    2. Empathy (and education) are scarce commodities here in general, and particularly so when discussing minority races in America.
    3. Few are actually interested in, or capable of, discussion on these topics. The ignorance is baffling really.
    A large segment of the MMO-C OT, to this day, still can't wrap their feeble minds around what "Hispanic" is. And still conflate that with "White" or "Black". So anything even slightly more complex than that, like racism, is well beyond them.

These are usually same people who act like moronic "Armchair Overlords", that practically masturbate when seeing their own condemnation towards whomever is drumming up their pathetic "Angst of the Day", on screen. Whether it's Women/Muslim/Liberal/Anti-Gun/Religion/LGBT/Non-White Male related. It's the same brand of idiot, that are yapping against it.
    Last edited by Booshman; 2014-12-21 at 08:12 AM.

We were having a discussion at work one day about Hitler's inventions, and how they help revolutionize many things in the world we use today. We got called in by Captain asking if we were promoting Hitler.
    Rarely hear someone praising his paintings and the beard seems out of fashion as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MFDOOM View Post
    Agreed. I think the person in the video shows a racial impetus too, seeing as he implicates Michael Brown as "getting what he deserved" for "robbing a store" even though the cop didn't have a reason to suspect Michael Brown of robbing a store before shooting him in the head.

I never understood why taking cheap cigars = he deserved to die. That's even harsher than Hammurabi's Code. Seriously, at least in a supposedly more strict country, they let you off with a warning and maybe take off a limb. In the U.S., comfortably living southern white people like the person in that video who said Michael Brown deserved to die, would be fine with death for young black men who are simply suspected of a cheap theft.
    He got what he deserved not because he robbed a store but because he tried to kill a cop when being detained. You don't try to take a POs sidearm - ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

They were, but we had Wells in there screaming " they should have been arrested for open carry, and being forceful ", even though MO is an open carry state.
    wells lives in ferguson?