Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Swapblaster Annoyance - Announcing Addons Anybody?

Hey everybody,

since we have some funny guys in our raid using the swapblaster regularly to annoy our raiders, i was searching for an addon announcing any use of swapblaster so i can determine who and when he is using this crap of an item. But i searched in vain and was not able to make up an addon for this purpose. Many addons for the train toy set, no addon for the swapblaster... did anybody know if there are any addons tracking who is using a swapblaster in raid?

Thanks.

Make the addon yourself instead of begging for one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I continue to use that item to piss people off and would lol at them even if they knew it was me. Did it to our tank on our heroic Imperator pull, lol.

Then again, I'm the same guy who would BoP the other tank during out Cata heroic raids. god he used to get so pissed off. LOL
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    Such an addon should never exist.

Deleted
    one more reason to stop visiting mmo-c's forums after all these years..
    such an unbelievable amount of cynicism floating around here...

snitches get stitches

You know, I shouldn't be shocked about how ridiculous the responses are in this thread overall.

You'd probably have better luck asking in the Addon section though of the forums, maybe such posts won't follow you there, good luck.

Ah come on, its only a little harmless fun

EDIT: Apologies I made the foolish mistake of posting before reading. I've had to be captain killjoy because some of the raiders were getting all uppity over the use of jolly items such as this; good luck; it would probably be a good start to check who all the engineers are in your raid group as I believe you have to be an engineer to use it (right?)

That should at least narrow down the list of suspects.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Ah come on, its only a little harmless fun
    My raid leader banned all of these "fun" items and declared that if anyone wanted to defy the rule they were removed from the guild (not from the raid). No one has the balls to test that to its full extent.

This rule happened after someone decided to use the Swapblaster in the trap hole in Brackenspore's room.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's Bind on Use, no engineering required to use.

An addon to detect/announce would be easy to make. could template with any interrupt tracker, and just change it from looking for interrupt events in combat log to spell casts where the spell id is whatever swapblaster casts.

You could probably even just add it to an existing addon like gladiator losa.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    My raid leader banned all of these "fun" items and declared that if anyone wanted to defy the rule they were removed from the guild (not from the raid). No one has the balls to test that to its full extent.

This rule happened after someone decided to use the Swapblaster in the trap hole in Brackenspore's room.
    I had someone try to Swapblaster someone back to the start of the raid instance while we were on break.

We had someone pull one of our members multiple times into the rocks by brackenspore that you can't get out of. The swapblaster can be pretty damn annoying. Had to wait for one of our warlocks to summon them out =\.

Honestly, I don't get why they added an item that disables Leap of Faith and Misdirection on someone, yet not include this on it.

I don't get what you need an addon for? It's pretty obvious who does it. Flashy animation over both of those being swapped. If your raiders aren't blind or afk they should be able to notice who swapped them without issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Honestly, I don't get why they added an item that disables Leap of Faith and Misdirection on someone, yet not include this on it.
    Would have been nice indeed.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    We had someone pull one of our members multiple times into the rocks by brackenspore that you can't get out of. The swapblaster can be pretty damn annoying. Had to wait for one of our warlocks to summon them out =\.
    But that's the best part of the swapblaster.

I had a friend go AFK in my garrison, and I had barracks at the time.

He came back to find his dwarf sitting in my jail cell :P

What someone finds "fun" is subjective.
    If someone states that it isn't to be used, then don't use it.
    The issue here is players who choose to do what they find fun without any consideration for whether others share that opinion or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

The item should be disabled in raids. I'm sick of coming back from our break and being in random spots throughout the instance. The entire guild works in tandem just to displace me. I wish they had that kind of coordination during bosses.

I don't really care, at least it isn't the train.

Deleted
    best. item. ever.