Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Trading Post work order cost quadrupled????

OK, little confused as to why Trading Post work orders all of sudden require 4 times as many materials than they do on live. On live its 5 of whatever random crafting material is required that day, but as of right now on the PTR its asking for 20 per work order.

I really, really, hope that's a mistake because if its not its a gigantic slap in the face. Yes I know the Lumber Mill takes 10 Lumber, but its a farmable resource that has no other purpose in the game. You can't do anything else with it like you can dust, herbs, ore and now fish flesh.

This is made even worse by the fact that most people dropped their gathering professions since it was possible to get everything you needed from your garrison garden and mine.

What? They're even adding garrison resource sinks. Why increase it?

I hope it stays.

Blizzard made it so that materials are churning out by the metric ton in everyone's Garrisons, but didn't do anything to take them out of the game -- hence making them worthless (looking at you ore and herbs).

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I hope it stays.

Blizzard made it so that materials are churning out by the metric ton in everyone's Garrisons, but didn't do anything to take them out of the game -- hence making them worthless (looking at you ore and herbs).
    Ore and Herbs are far from worthless, and being forced to buy them off the AH just to fill Trading Post work orders is neither reasonable or acceptable. It removes choice from the game and will force everyone to dump their trading post and to only run Lumber Mills instead, since you neither need a profession to support it and don't need to buy lumber off the AH.

Selling Ore and Herbs directly is a very inefficient way to make gold, always has been. Especially with no unique ore or herb that is more difficult to obtain. I have had absolutely no trouble making hundreds of thousands of gold just off inscription. So yeah, I'd say Herbs are very valuable, even if its not from selling them directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    Ore and Herbs are far from worthless, and being forced to buy them off the AH just to fill Trading Post work orders is neither reasonable or acceptable. It removes choice from the game and will force everyone to dump their trading post and to only run Lumber Mills instead, since you neither need a profession to support it and don't need to buy lumber off the AH.
    For anyone who's running at least one alt's garrison, the AH part is irrelevent unless you wait till it's on Herb day and fill up to 21 and skip the others. Still, I do understand that it would totally suck for a single toon account who just dinged 100 trying to get over the hump between "enough to get going" and "I just hit 10,000 resources wtf." (Which is sudden and without warning.)

Hell, my main didn't have 2000 resources upon reahing 100 and never bought a potion, so mileage can vary.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Well they nerfed scavengers, so it makes sense for them to nerf TP and possibly LM too. They probably want us to make "meaningful choices" with our resources. Such fun.

I'm sorry, I consider 30 silver per ore worthless, when compared to the price of it in previous expansions. At those prices, I long ago abandoned my mine and have been buying it off the AH.

No one is forced to do anything. If you don't want to mine it, then you buy it off the AH. That's the way it's always been. It will be no different in 6.1. Buying it off the AH will absolutely be reasonable at long as the value of the Garrison resources you get for your 20 ore will be worth the return.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard realizes that gold is losing its value due to their weird design of having it replace the badge / justice system.

They need more gold sinks. This is one.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

I do my mine for the carts with archaeology fragments. I get the ore because it seems silly to walk past it. I've reached a point where I don't need the savage blood from primal spirits from alt mines, so I stopped doing them. I don't think that I was ever doing them for ore. Ore is used for trading post work orders, BS (priest... don't need), engineering (I'm not one), JC (sockets are so rare that can't be considered a serious use of ore)... and yup... don't need any.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzete View Post
    I do my mine for the carts with archaeology fragments. I get the ore because it seems silly to walk past it. I've reached a point where I don't need the savage blood from primal spirits from alt mines, so I stopped doing them. I don't think that I was ever doing them for ore. Ore is used for trading post work orders, BS (priest... don't need), engineering (I'm not one), JC (sockets are so rare that can't be considered a serious use of ore)... and yup... don't need any.
    So you're passing on thousands and thousands of gold's worth of Savage Bloods because you "don't need them"?

And don't gimme none of that "I'm already rich so gold doesn't matter", you don't stay rich with that mentality
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    For anyone who's running at least one alt's garrison, the AH part is irrelevent unless you wait till it's on Herb day and fill up to 21 and skip the others. Still, I do understand that it would totally suck for a single toon account who just dinged 100 trying to get over the hump between "enough to get going" and "I just hit 10,000 resources wtf." (Which is sudden and without warning.)

Hell, my main didn't have 2000 resources upon reahing 100 and never bought a potion, so mileage can vary.
    I have two level 100's, and a very important use for my Herbs beyond the trading post as Inscription has become my main source of making gold. No one should be forced to carry multiple toons just to support the Trading Post of one of those toons and no one should be forced to purchase those materials off the AH instead. Since, again, you can make all the resources you could ever want with the Lumber Mill still without the support of alts, gathering professions or buying material off the AH.

Increasing the cost of Trading Post work orders servers no other function than forcing everyone to skip it in favor of a Lumber Mill. Herb and Ore prices on the AH will not increase because of this, since again everyone will just run a Lumber Mill instead. Removing choice is never, ever, ever a good thing. And I'll say again to anyone trying to make gold by selling Ore and Herbs directly, you're doing it wrong. Sure you may like to do it that way, but you'll make 1,000x more gold selling crafted items instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Blizzard realizes that gold is losing its value due to their weird design of having it replace the badge / justice system.

They need more gold sinks. This is one.
    No, its not, because no one is dumb enough to pay gold for herbs, ore and fish when they can get Lumber for free instead. The Trading Post already had things to spend gold on, AH bot parts, 4 Transmog items, a pet, a follower and a mount.
    Last edited by Slicer299; 2015-01-31 at 04:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Well they nerfed scavengers, so it makes sense for them to nerf TP and possibly LM too. They probably want us to make "meaningful choices" with our resources. Such fun.
    The scavenger change works along with the fact that they're raising the GR rewards from those missions. I've seen a few of them and it works out to be pretty much the same either way. I've seen this several times now: Scavenger on live with a mission that rewards 100GR=300GR. Scavenger on PTR with a mission that rewards 150GR=300GR. Questionable as a real nerf if that's how it's going to work.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Level-100 Garrison resource missions now award more Garrison Resources.
    I'm not surprised to see them change the Trading Post costs. Either way, I'll make adjustments and survive.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2015-01-31 at 04:34 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I have 4 characters, each with fully upgraded garrisons.
    I have all the transmog sets from the bunker and all relevant followers on my characters are at least 630 or up.
    I generate more garrison resources with scavenger stacking in a few hours than the trading post could give me in a few days.

The only thing I really spend resources on is seals in Ashran.

Garrison resources are almost useless for me at the moment except for when I need cooking material.

Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    I have 4 characters, each with fully upgraded garrisons.
    I have all the transmog sets from the bunker and all relevant followers on my characters are at least 630 or up.
    I generate more garrison resources with scavenger stacking in a few hours than the trading post could give me in a few days.

The only thing I really spend resources on is seals in Ashran.

Garrison resources are almost useless for me at the moment except for when I need cooking material.
    6.1 has a ton of new stuff to spend Garrison Resources on. Go read patch notes or fire up the PTR. Garrison Resources in 6.1 will basically allow you to get the perfect abilities and traits on every single one of your followers, among a dozen other things.

Also, you or anyone else being capped is not justification to increase the cost of work orders. Especially since, again, it will just result in people getting a Lumber Mill instead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I hope it stays.

They could have simply, I don't know, nerfed the amount of ore/herbs churned out by the garrison then.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    This is probably the real reason. We were never supposed to be capping resources so easily.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    They could have simply, I don't know, nerfed the amount of ore/herbs churned out by the garrison then.

This is probably the real reason. We were never supposed to be capping resources so easily.
    But again, tons of stuff to spend Garrison Resources on in 6.1. So capping resources won't be as easy. Also, the concept behind the garrison also allows for you to be switching buildings in and out as you play. Build an Inn on Tuesday, recruit the free follower, swap the Inn out for something else during the rest of week. That's just one example but doing things like that will also keep you from being capped on resources.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    What? They're even adding garrison resource sinks. Why increase it?
    They're slowing you down. This is content, remember. Can't have you maxing out everything right away, got to keep you logging every day and grinding out those upgrades.

Deleted
    It's honestly bad game design to increase work order costs. With resource and gold costs for LM and TP scrapped, it'll be trivial to just go LM for day-to-day GR generation (since it has a higher GR/time ratio), then switch to TP when you're capped and dump resources on mats, then switch back again. Since you only need level 1 TP for dumping GR, you end up getting the benefits of both with the downside of neither. The only thing you lose out on is the AH bot and honestly how many people bothered to buy the mats for that? I guess you lose out on the rep vendors too, but it's trivial to farm up to Exalted and buy whatever you want from them pre-6.1

If that's the case whats the cost of the materials from the vendor? If they didn't change I don't see how you could make a profit (swapping one reagent for another) as that was blizzards intent with the building.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    But again, tons of stuff to spend Garrison Resources on in 6.1. So capping resources won't be as easy. Also, the concept behind the garrison also allows for you to be switching buildings in and out as you play. Build an Inn on Tuesday, recruit the free follower, swap the Inn out for something else during the rest of week. That's just one example but doing things like that will also keep you from being capped on resources.
    Yes, but that's also a problem. They are introducing all this stuff for you to spend your resources on, they don't want you to just be able to buy all the things willy-nilly. You know?

It sucks but I think that's probably why they changed it.

Sig by Isilrien