Thread: Post Your UI

UND HERE IZ ZE LINK TO ZE ART AZZETS JA

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1tk87kojv4...tures.rar?dl=0

I VILL HELP MIT ZE KGPANELS IF YOU PM ME

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tempest420 View Post
    Hey guys, no upload of the entire UI yet just because that is a whole crap load of work. If you guys just want the art though (like OldmanG), I'll upload a rar with the tgas once I'm done posting this.

@ Drayarr: The only other thing that I play at level 100 is a ret and I felt like the color scheme of my warrior's UI would not really mesh well with any other class (especially fabulous paladin pink) so I whipped up a one-size-fits-all kinda UI for the rest of my characters. Obviously, if you want to use the arty bits and see how it looks on Druid, be my guest.

@ SunnyDee: That is looking really cool! As much potential as the last one Personally, I don't really like the way buttons on the right side look. Maybe it's the font? Everything else is pretty neat though. When I saw the angel in the center, my absolute first thought was "she needs some wings."

Also, holy cow that Overwatch UI is something else. Someone figure out how to make those slanted hud looking icons and tell me.
    @tempest I used google Chrome to translate the page an there is a DL link on the page and all the .tga files and .lua is there works on my UI needs a bunch of work on my part to use it correctly.

This is what I'm currently using.
    http://i.imgur.com/BdHOjfJ.jpg
    Last edited by dizzer83; 2015-02-22 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldmanG View Post
    @tempest I used google Chrome to translate the page an there is a DL link on the page and all the .tga files and .lua is there works on my UI needs a bunch of work on my part to use it correctly.
    I meant to ask someone to check if the link works so thanks for posting! I've never shared anything from my dropbox before so it was a little bit iffy. Again, if you need help with kgpanels or anything, PM me. Let's not clutter up the thread :P

Edit: There's a lot more textures that I've used in my own UI in there btw. A lot of stuff that I made and then didn't use for whatever reason.
    Last edited by tempest420; 2015-02-22 at 06:56 PM.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks tempest they look great. I will now need to decide which direction to continue with my Ui.

So.. Im a little bit stuck and would love some suggestions/advice since im as said, IQ waterbottle...

My original plan was to have raidframes with a actionbar that was animated depending on combat/target so it would slide up into the raidframe. sadly beacuse lack of knowledge + it doesnt seem that easy i had to scrap it.

So i took the raidframe border and placed around the chat instead since a scroll made more sense. it's the basic layout im gonna use now im just not sure how to do this all to look proper (i fucking hate raidframes so much)

------------

Current raidframes doesnt really fit in if you ask me but maybe if i crop it a bit thinner i guess?
    Menu on side once again said, will be mouseover.

Not sure where or how to place actionbars. ive found a nice border im gonna use. thinking of having 1 @ bottom showing all the time and one on each side of the screen when in combat/targeting someone/something.
    Just noticed the menu bars isnt aligned. will adjust

also if anyone knows how to costumize the vuhdo role icons please let me know
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Snip
    This is a great re-imagining of vanilla ui.

Quote Originally Posted by i2adar View Post
    This is a great re-imagining of vanilla ui.
    Can't spot the vanilla in it o___õ

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Can't spot the vanilla in it o___õ
    I assume they mean more in terms of the UI than the game expansion.
    Vanilla referring to the original or unmodified, so I think more a nod to the "default UI", then pre-TBC.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I assume they mean more in terms of the UI than the game expansion.
    Vanilla referring to the original or unmodified, so I think more a nod to the "default UI", then pre-TBC.
    I get that, but it looks nothing like the default UI.

-Last update then wont spam promise on my bacon!!!!-

Some ideas randomly popped up in my head at 01 at night.
    Feeels like i have to many different frames overall
    Whatcha think?

Last edited by Sunnydee; 2015-02-23 at 06:35 AM.

Deleted

Whatcha think?

[img]http://i.imgur.com/2Sr6NBkm.jpg[/i mg]
    Things that are in the "background" could be toned down a big imo. Such as the chat and top thing bar.

Overall really cool and clean concept though!

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Things that are in the "background" could be toned down a big imo. Such as the chat and top thing bar.

Overall really cool and clean concept though!
    Background as in behind the middle thingy?
    Top bar fades in combat
    And chat? you mean size or? (keep in mind i blame on 50insch screen almost 1.5meters away)
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2015-02-23 at 12:22 AM.

Deleted
    Background as in behind the middle thingy?
    Top bar fades in combat
    And chat? you mean size or?
    Background = stuff that's not in the main focus.

For the chat I mean that the artwork is quite big i guess, not sure how it'd look with a active chat there though.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    I like the top banner look a lot better than when you had it on the side. Buttons turned out nice. Nice and clean,

Whatcha think?

I like that top bar. Also Chat border \ o /
    Looks awesome!

Hey guys, no upload of the entire UI yet just because that is a whole crap load of work. If you guys just want the art though (like OldmanG), I'll upload a rar with the tgas once I'm done posting this.

@ Drayarr: The only other thing that I play at level 100 is a ret and I felt like the color scheme of my warrior's UI would not really mesh well with any other class (especially fabulous paladin pink) so I whipped up a one-size-fits-all kinda UI for the rest of my characters. Obviously, if you want to use the arty bits and see how it looks on Druid, be my guest.

@ SunnyDee: That is looking really cool! As much potential as the last one Personally, I don't really like the way buttons on the right side look. Maybe it's the font? Everything else is pretty neat though. When I saw the angel in the center, my absolute first thought was "she needs some wings."

Also, holy cow that Overwatch UI is something else. Someone figure out how to make those slanted hud looking icons and tell me.
    that font youre using is a pixel fontl. you have the font size way too big so its all blurry looking.

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    that font youre using is a pixel fontl. you have the font size way too big so its all blurry looking.
    Did you zoom in? Looks fine to me

Did you zoom in? Looks fine to me
    It's fuzzy on and around the minimap, the data text along the top center, all of the timer text on screen, the nameplates, OmniCC, raid frames, and Skada.

Quote Originally Posted by Nami69 View Post
    Made a new UI the other day and it's like 95% done still need to update Weakauras, Tellmewhen, the datatexts and get an addon for map buttons when I'm bothered.

The weakauras above the bars above my cast bar are placeholder at the moment so yeah..

Out of Combat: (my cast bar tracks instant casts so I can see the GCD and have a window of movement)

During pug raid earlier:

In a 5m dungeon on my Warrior alt:

My PC is potato so I play on the lowest settings! \o/
    What are those raidframes?