Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    "Up the duff" seems like a sly way of saying "anal sex". So I looked at the article and was like, "The OP is happy more teens are having anal sex and not getting pregnant?"

I find this terminology highly confusing. But good job on the whole not making more people thing because space is limited.
    nope, just means pregnant. apparently duff is an extension of pulling your pudding i.e masturbatio=penis then pregnancy; duff being a odd way of saying dough.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Us in the west putting procreation on a hold does not exactly solve the problem of africa, india and china still growing at alarming rates..
    I don't live there so it's cool.

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe with more education via either schools or the internet? Also, birth control has become a much less taboo thing (at least in the US). Also since it's plenty useful for other things than just not getting pregnant the teen girls are probably more likely to not forget to use it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the west population is stable, if not shrinking in some places. We could afford a few more adults having children.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

They already researched nautic technology in their tech trees..

Also completly ignoring the importance of our social and economic systems barely working when population is stable, let alone when it is declining. I'd rather see the crash of western society in the 2nd half of my life time than the first...

7+ Year Old Account
    They already researched nautic technology in their tech trees..

Also completly ignoring the importance of our social and economic systems barely working when population is stable, let alone when it is declining. I'd rather see the crash of western society in the 2nd half of my life time than the first...
    Yeah that is a reason the US is currently having some issues. People had more children prior and around WWII. People have much less lately, so Baby Boomers are retiring and there aren't enough people going into the workforce to cover their retirments/medicare/etc. Of course, it is more complicated than only that, but that is one of the factors.
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetis View Post
    free condoms, pill, morning after pill; all kinds

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Sexandyou...raception.aspx

"Contraception services are free and confidential, including for people under 16 years old. This means that the doctor or nurse won’t tell your parents, or anyone else, as long as they believe that you're mature enough to understand the information and decisions involved. "
    This reinforces the idea that teenagers are more likely to get pregnant when free housing is used as an incentive.

Free contraception has been a constant through both the Labour and Conservative years of power.

Deleted
    Teenage pregnancy is down because everyone's already had their damn babies. And by the time they want more they're of age so they don't count toward the teenage pregnancy statistic anymore.

Probably just means birth control is used more, not that they're having less sex.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudedEnigma View Post
    Teenage pregnancy is down because everyone's already had their damn babies. And by the time they want more they're of age so they don't count toward the teenage pregnancy statistic anymore.
    For your statement to be true, it requires that the human population had completely ceased all forms of procreation.

I'm certain you can see the obvious flaw of what you have just said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Probably just means birth control is used more, not that they're having less sex.
    Correct.

But there is an underlying reason why they are being more cautious.

The reason is the knowledge they will receive less state support than what was once handed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmomaths View Post
    For your statement to be true, it requires that the human population had completely ceased all forms of procreation.

I'm certain you can see the obvious flaw of what you have just said.

- - - Updated - - -

Correct.

But there is an underlying reason why they are being more cautious.

The reason is the knowledge they will receive less state support than what was once handed out.
    It clearly has nothing to do with parents telling their kids that having kids will ruin their lives... and society enforcing it at every turn.

Deleted
    It clearly has nothing to do with parents telling their kids that having kids will ruin their lives... and society enforcing it at every turn.
    Parents have their own motivations for telling their own children not to have kids.

Mostly it will be because they have their own child's best interest at heart.

Best interest. (Keep that expression in your mind).

Now, when the state starts handing out more welfare over a period of time, you create family behavioural patterns of generations that thrive on welfare.

Parents will ultimately start telling their kids to HAVE children at an early age. The motivation is because this IS in their best interests.

During the Labour years in England, welfare parents started telling their children EXACTLY this.

As a result......more teenage pregnancies.

Social stigma and more readily available forms of contraception (both make and female) are likely the biggest contributors overall.

It'd be interesting to see the rate for the US, Germany, etc as well. Would help prove that it's not just a UK deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, it's not just teen pregnancies that are down. The smart phone era has led to less sex across many age demographics.
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    You know, it's not just teen pregnancies that are down. The smart phone era has led to less sex across many age demographics.
    It's always going to be the case that when a generation of people have lots of kids at a lower age, that same generation won't be likely having any more children since they have already produced offspring.

This sends a ripple of less people having children across an aging demographic because you are measuring the SAME people who have already had kids.

It's always going to be the case that when a generation of people have lots of kids at a lower age, that same generation won't be likely having any more children since they have already produced offspring.

This sends a ripple of less people having children across an aging demographic because you are measuring the SAME people who have already had kids.
    Was there really this out of control teen pregnancy phenomenon in GB or is this just what you want to think? To impact statistics in that manner it would have had to be HUGE..

10+ Year Old Account
    Conclusion: You can't get pregnant from wasting your time away on the internet.....
    Turn the fucking thing off, and get a dose of real life.

And I am even joking too much, since that's an observation to be made all over the First World. We're a dying breed, and that's entirely on the current and former generation.
    GenX and Millennials need to get busy and pump out some offspring.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Conclusion: You can't get pregnant from wasting your time away on the internet.....
    Turn the fucking thing off, and get a dose of real life.

And I am even joking too much, since that's an observation to be made all over the First World. We're a dying breed, and that's entirely on the current and former generation.
    Good, give all teenagers directions to the local PC bang (lets build some first) and a World of Warcraft subscription on their 14th birthday and ensure their virginity, provided they don't start talking to each other in game.

It's my generation you want to start churning out babies at some point around 2020 at the earliest. I'm 21 at the moment. Not the teenagers. Mine shouldn't just yet either because really the difference is minor/non existent. That way we make sure the kids are in homes that can probably provide for them a bit better than a job at McDonalds.
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2015-03-01 at 10:07 PM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Was there really this out of control teen pregnancy phenomenon in GB or is this just what you want to think? To impact statistics in that manner it would have had to be HUGE..

I guess you have to be English to understand.

Chav teenage girls would "get up the duff" to get free council housing.

Unless you live in England you're just not really going to "get" the context I guess.

Some girls got pregnant very young, as young as 12. Granted, this was an extreme case. But there was a mini explosion of welfare teenage pregnancies, highlighted in the tabloids yes.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    No way, brah. There's better things to do out there than deal with mewling infants.

You can have some though.

- - - Updated - - -

Chav teenage girls would "get up the duff" to get free council housing.
    How nice is the free house? You can get government housing here too but they're typically ghettos and a place nobody really wants to be at.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conspicuous Cultist View Post
    No way, brah. There's better things to do out there than deal with mewling infants.

You can have some though.

- - - Updated - - -

How nice is the free house? You can get government housing here too but they're typically ghettos and a place nobody really wants to be at.

Minimum paid workers in England can barely afford a one bedroom flat.

Welfare recipients in England often get 2 or 3 bedroom houses, sometimes new build.

That's why there is so much upheaval in England.

Welfare recipients have better lifestyles than many full time workers.