Page 74 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    Fullmetal alchemist: brotherhood

Also you should watch fairy tail if you don't care about things being too serious and edgy.
    It is a funny, action adventure with very good music.
    Agree with both these recommendations Hunter X Hunter is also pretty good but after catching up on Fairy tail another long one may be a little too much. I avoided FMA for ages then watched it recently I was really surprised how good it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    What's the difference between Full Metal Alchemist and Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood?

I watch FT on the weekend, normally on Saturdays.
    Brotherhood follows the creators story the first version is similar to the original works for about 10 episodes then they went their own way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello's there!

Thought I would give it a try with requesting some help finding a few anime movies/series (not too long series). The genre in question is with a twist, would like see some 'Slice of life' (If I recall that being the right) and then with a twist to fantasy, imagination, creation or amazement. I don't know how to explain it, it's more the ones where you follow through their day - not some schoolgirl/school problem only.

To give you a little feel of what I mean, these is what I have seen of the type I seek:
    • Tokyo Godfathers: Basicly, you follow their lives through a tough time and they are then granted a gift of life that'll change their normal day around.
    • Wolf Children: Following through the normal life of a family, a quite special family as it proves and goes through a life together.
    • The Girl Who Leapt Through Time: Again, you follow the everyday story of the main character till something more extrodinary happens to him, allowing her to change around on her life.
    • Summer Wars: You follow the big family through their time and challenges, even with events that seems way out of their plans.

DUB Vs. SUB: I hold no requirement here, I tend to listen to DUB Anime or normal movies during raiding and other games (Yes, I can follow them).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Hello's there!

Thought I would give it a try with requesting some help finding a few anime movies/series (not too long series). The genre in question is with a twist, would like see some 'Slice of life' (If I recall that being the right) and then with a twist to fantasy, imagination, creation or amazement. I don't know how to explain it, it's more the ones where you follow through their day - not some schoolgirl/school problem only.

To give you a little feel of what I mean, these is what I have seen of the type I seek:
    • Tokyo Godfathers: Basicly, you follow their lives through a tough time and they are then granted a gift of life that'll change their normal day around.
    • Wolf Children: Following through the normal life of a family, a quite special family as it proves and goes through a life together.
    • The Girl Who Leapt Through Time: Again, you follow the everyday story of the main character till something more extrodinary happens to him, allowing her to change around on her life.
    • Summer Wars: You follow the big family through their time and challenges, even with events that seems way out of their plans.

DUB Vs. SUB: I hold no requirement here, I tend to listen to DUB Anime or normal movies during raiding and other games (Yes, I can follow them).
    Movie wise, anything by - Makoto Shinkai some are only 46-60 odd minutes long.
    so
    - 5 Centimeters Per Second
    - Voices of a Distant Star
    - The Garden of Words
    being very very good 3 to start with
    personally my one of my favourite anime movies was Sky Blue, its old but still good and one of the movies i'v seen many times.
    Origin: Spirits of the Past also a good movie.

As for TV series -
    for school mystery/fantasy/ghosts one of my favourites is still tasogare otomex amnesia aka dusk maiden of amnesia.
    For pure amazement and entertainment value i love the bakemongatari series, full of witty word play very fun fight scenes and amazing design work, but it can be very confusing and hard to follow for a lot of people. Mostly consists of talking for 40 mins an episode with little action in between, but still if you stick with it you will love it. There's a lot of sequels to it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monogatari_%28series%29

Can never go wrong with Angel beats but bring tissues for the ending, the series will make you laugh uncontrollably then cry uncontrollably. Anohana is the same.

Durarara!! is the one you want for day to day viewing its second season has just started airing too! For the plot and general story line you need to pay very close attention since it time skips A LOT, it shows the daily events happening between 20 odd cast members and how they all interact and progress their lives and certain events. Arguably its main heroine is also a Dullahan otherwise more commonly known as an irish headless horseman.
    Baccano! is also kinda related and a classic, has high praise from everyone who has seen it. Its set in the same world as dura but in 1940s ish but does have some guest appearances of cast members show up in dura. But you need to watch baccano first to be able to spot them, btw its about alchemists and gaining immortality and is character heavy and likes to time skip to different peoples perspectives like dura.
    As a last one i'll throw in psycho pass for a crime sci fi series, its definitely one of the better shows to watch.

Hope you enjoy if you decide to go with any of these ^^
    Last edited by Miyani; 2015-02-14 at 08:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyani View Post
    Movie wise, anything by - Makoto Shinkai some are only 46-60 odd minutes long.
    so
    - 5 Centimeters Per Second
    - Voices of a Distant Star
    - The Garden of Words
    being very very good 3 to start with
    personally my one of my favourite anime movies was Sky Blue, its old but still good and one of the movies i'v seen many times.
    Origin: Spirits of the Past also a good movie.

As for TV series -
    for school mystery/fantasy/ghosts one of my favourites is still tasogare otomex amnesia aka dusk maiden of amnesia.
    For pure amazement and entertainment value i love the bakemongatari series, full of witty word play very fun fight scenes and amazing design work, but it can be very confusing and hard to follow for a lot of people. Mostly consists of talking for 40 mins an episode with little action in between, but still if you stick with it you will love it. There's a lot of sequels to it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monogatari_%28series%29

Can never go wrong with Angel beats but bring tissues for the ending, the series will make you laugh uncontrollably then cry uncontrollably. Anohana is the same.

Durarara!! is the one you want for day to day viewing its second season has just started airing too! For the plot and general story line you need to pay very close attention since it time skips A LOT, it shows the daily events happening between 20 odd cast members and how they all interact and progress their lives and certain events. Arguably its main heroine is also a Dullahan otherwise more commonly known as an irish headless horseman.
    Baccano! is also kinda related and a classic, has high praise from everyone who has seen it. Its set in the same world as dura but in 1940s ish but does have some guest appearances of cast members show up in dura. But you need to watch baccano first to be able to spot them, btw its about alchemists and gaining immortality and is character heavy and likes to time skip to different peoples perspectives like dura.
    As a last one i'll throw in psycho pass for a crime sci fi series, its definitely one of the better shows to watch.

Hope you enjoy if you decide to go with any of these ^^
    Thanks, that fun moment where two of your ideas are on my shelf... still wrapped.. Forgot about 5 Centimeters per second, seen it as well. Sorry for not having a list pre-made.. takes... some time, hehe. Reason I gave the small list. Though, a few of them sounds like good ideas. Thanks!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I feel like I'm done with Anime. I considered alchemist brothergood, Berserk, Elfen Lied, Hunter X hunter and a few others.

I've watched lately Claymore (Again even) Chrome shelled regiues (Again even) Blue excorcist, D. Grey men, Naruto, Fairty Tail, DBZ, Attack on titans and akame ga kill

Just seems I'm done. Cant really find something I like anymore. Claymore, Blue excorcist (Atleast last episodes), D. Grey Men, Naruto, DBZ (Best part being freezer saga), Attack on titan everything, and akame ga kill we're all super.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    I feel like I'm done with Anime. I considered alchemist brothergood, Berserk, Elfen Lied, Hunter X hunter and a few others.

I've watched lately Claymore (Again even) Chrome shelled regiues (Again even) Blue excorcist, D. Grey men, Naruto, Fairty Tail, DBZ, Attack on titans and akame ga kill

Just seems I'm done. Cant really find something I like anymore. Claymore, Blue excorcist (Atleast last episodes), D. Grey Men, Naruto, DBZ (Best part being freezer saga), Attack on titan everything, and akame ga kill we're all super.
    Given what you listed, you'll probably like some of these.

- One Piece (Your best bet)
    - Nanatsu no Taizai
    - Bleach
    - Deadman Wonderland
    - Tokyo Ghoul
    - Parasyte
    - Mirai Nikki
    - Hellsing Ultimate
    - Aldnoah Zero
    - Sword Art online
    - Btooom!
    - Magi
    - Soul Eater
    - Kill la Kill
    - Accel World
    - Mondaiji Tachi
    - Fate/Zero
    - Mahouka
    - Log Horizon
    - Blood Lad
    - No Game No Life
    - Code Geass

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Given what you listed, you'll probably like some of these.

- One Piece (Your best bet)
    - Nanatsu no Taizai
    - Bleach
    - Deadman Wonderland
    - Tokyo Ghoul
    - Parasyte
    - Mirai Nikki
    - Hellsing Ultimate
    - Aldnoah Zero
    - Sword Art online
    - Btooom!
    - Magi
    - Soul Eater
    - Kill la Kill
    - Accel World
    - Mondaiji Tachi
    - Fate/Zero
    - Mahouka
    - Log Horizon
    - Blood Lad
    - No Game No Life
    - Code Geass
    Thanks for the list I tough about seing Death note aswell. I have watched no game no life, but it ended so shortly? like 10 ep's. Tokyo ghoul I found to be....abit to bloody and booring kinda and im watching the new series off Fate/Zero, but seems its like no game no life, maybe new season inc.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I watched Steins;gate (along with it's movie) a couple of days ago, and I don't freaking understand how I didn't bother to watch or pay attention to it before. Hands down one of the best animes I've seen, and I've seen many.

El Psy Congroo

Ugggghh such a good anime, that feel when you finish an amazing show.

request a anime any genre as long as its good, watched Infinite Stratos, abolute duo, fate/zero & fate/stay, tokyo ghoul bascially anything along those lines but actually come to a end, hate watching animeis and just as im getting into it the last episode doesnt finish of the stories.
    Last edited by Isoz; 2015-02-23 at 01:02 AM.

Anyone watched the attack on titan OVA's? Think ill give them a shot. Season 2...gief plox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Meh, I find that there's a big difference between shounen romcoms and shoujo romcoms. Not a fan of the shoujos, as they are written for a female audience and makes the male protagonist too perfect. Maid-sama, Nodome Cantabile, Kimi ni todoke, that anime where chick is forced to move in with the school's perfect #1 male student, forget name, etc, all have involve the girl protagonist at the disadvantage and her male counterpart as super stud perfect in every way genius billionaire that is also troubled in some way.

Edit: A nice exception would me Kaze no Stigma, where main male character is bad ass and perfect, but it still focuses on him instead of the girl.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2015-02-23 at 07:19 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isoz View Post
    request a anime any genre as long as its good, watched Infinite Stratos, abolute duo, fate/zero & fate/stay, tokyo ghoul bascially anything along those lines but actually come to a end, hate watching animeis and just as im getting into it the last episode doesnt finish of the stories.
    Well there is a season 2 of Infinite Stratos along with an OVA http://myanimelist.net/anime/21653/I...orld_Purge-hen
    I mean did you like IS? If so what aspects?
    If you liked IS you will probably like War On Geminar It has mechs and is haremish and has a definite conclusion. http://myanimelist.net/anime/5781/Is...shi_Monogatari
    Vandread is also kinda similar and also ends after the second season. http://myanimelist.net/anime/180/Vandread
    Full Metal Panic is also similar there are three seasons of it. It is more comedy but also has a lot of similarities. http://myanimelist.net/anime/71/Full_Metal_Panic!

Anyone watched the attack on titan OVA's? Think ill give them a shot. Season 2...gief plox.
    Just watch Hajime no Ippo. Its quite possibly best shounen EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    What? Was funny as hell, some random immediately referring to her as "goddess"
    Guess I'm some random

Deleted
    This one?

Only watched the first and the second. Have yet to go for the third lol.

The first episode is quite great. You should watch at least the first one. The second one is pretty meh. Third one I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I mean did you like IS? If so what aspects?
    i liked IS, i enjoyed the mecha aspect of it

If you liked IS you will probably like War On Geminar It has mechs and is haremish and has a definite conclusion. http://myanimelist.net/anime/5781/Is...shi_Monogatari
    Vandread is also kinda similar and also ends after the second season. http://myanimelist.net/anime/180/Vandread
    Full Metal Panic is also similar there are three seasons of it. It is more comedy but also has a lot of similarities. http://myanimelist.net/anime/71/Full_Metal_Panic!
    ill have a look ^^, thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    So as currently not in the mood to start watching Naruto/Shipuuden, would like to know what should I take on next once I finish with DNAngel.

Here's a link to my list: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kohuke
    Genres fitting to me are: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Magic, Mecha, Military, Mystery, School**, Sci-Fi.
    **School category is kinda borderline for me.
    As for dislikes: Comedy, Drama, Harem, Historical, Horror, Love-Romance, Parody, Police, Psychological, Sports**, Vampire
    **Depends on what type of it is, there was something called Kika (cannot remember the name which I kinda liked to watch)

EDIT: Would like to add one thing that anything close to how Appleseed looks like I don't like really.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2015-03-04 at 02:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    So as currently not in the mood to start watching Naruto/Shipuuden, would like to know what should I take on next once I finish with DNAngel.

Genres fitting to me are: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Magic, Mecha, Military, Mystery, School**, Sci-Fi.
    As for dislikes: Comedy, Drama, Harem, Historical, Horror, Love-Romance, Parody, Police, Psychological, Sports**, Vampire
    **Depends on what type of it is, there was something called Kika (cannot remember the name which I kinda liked to watch)

EDIT: Would like to add one thing that anything close to how Appleseed looks like I don't like really.
    Jesus!! Go watch Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and the second season, and Code Geass, and the second season, right now! You're going to love them!

I also recommend Bounen no Xamdou, Seirei no Moribito, Sidonia no Kishi (this one is purely CGI but just keep up with it and you'll love it) and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2015-03-04 at 03:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post

So you like things that are more serious I'm guessing seeing that is a lot of dislikes. Though you loved Fairy Tail which is fairly funny. Going on the like of Fairy Tail I would suggest Hunter X Hunter the 2011 version http://myanimelist.net/anime/11061/H..._Hunter_(2011)
    For more serious mecha I would suggest Knights of Sidonia http://myanimelist.net/anime/19775/Sidonia_no_Kishi
    Action adventure I would suggest Attack on Titan aka Shingeki no Kyojin http://myanimelist.net/anime/16498/Shingeki_no_Kyojin
    or Btoom! http://myanimelist.net/anime/14345/Btooom!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the suggestion, found some to add to my "plan to watch" list, other's aren't really my cup'o'tea (Ghost in the Shell, Seirei no Moribito) and some like AoT & Btooom! I will probably figure out is it for me or not when I have watched it for few episodes.

Thanks for the suggestions. It's really hard to determine by the titles of the anime what it is, so was helpful.