Page 21 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Its fun for a while.

After doing it for god knows how long its a bit tiresome.

I had someone complain last night about having to macro their on use trinket to something. Pretty sure it was our hunter. I almost flipped a table.

SET, FET, LM, EM, ASC, Spirit Wolves, Trinket. GTFO.
    You're forgetting Blood Fury
    H Tichondrius - V I S C E R A L

Trinket question, I coined Mythic Dragonspine trophy tonight, currently wielding Scales Mythic and Imperator trinket on mythic warforged. Which one should I swap out in favor of DST? For single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post
    Trinket question, I coined Mythic Dragonspine trophy tonight, currently wielding Scales Mythic and Imperator trinket on mythic warforged. Which one should I swap out in favor of DST? For single target.
    Sim it. Just being honest.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm dirty alliance so no blood fury here.

Sim it. The agility values on the imperator trinket will he strong. I had interesting results with heroic scales and normal spine. Spine simmed better so I don't think we can give you an answer with any certainty.

Quote Originally Posted by zalapski View Post
    Although I understand your point and I agree they are strong. Allow me to add some other classes that DESTROYED me.
    1) Ele Shaman - 40.8k
    2) Feral Druid - 39.6k
    3/4) Both hunters at 38+

Again, I restate my comment. 3 classes beating me by 5K on a tank and spank fight, with reasonably equal gear (678), is hardly balance. 3k I could buy as "RNG" or "L2P" but 5K is not something you can excuse.

At this point I would take another silly 5% to SS buff. Even though its so far unbalanced, it won't help much.
    I don't really understand why you are comparing DPS on a fight Enhancements are weak on. Most classes have their strengths and weaknesses. Single-target isn't exactly an Enhancement's strength. Quite on the contrary. Ferals' niche is precisely single-target. They are super strong in that area, but as soon as you introduce AoE, they will plummet to the bottom. When they do that, Enhancements will rise to among the top, because AoE is their strength. You can't expect to be good at everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post
    Rough guess would be to drop Imperator trinket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    I don't really understand why you are comparing DPS on a fight Enhancements are weak on. Most classes have their strengths and weaknesses. Single-target isn't exactly an Enhancement's strength. Quite on the contrary. Ferals' niche is precisely single-target. They are super strong in that area, but as soon as you introduce AoE, they will plummet to the bottom. When they do that, Enhancements will rise to among the top, because AoE is their strength. You can't expect to be good at everything.
    Go look at Operator logs. That was heralded as Enhances fight by the devs.

You wont see Enhance at the top.

Youll see other classes who are stronger than us in all other areas.

Our niche is rubbish.

The problem really comes down to the fact that it's not one or two fights that we aren't so great on, it's the lion's share of bosses in BRF that we are really, really bad on, & the ones we are good on are both earlier on & relatively less strenuous, aren't top performers even when you introduce the AoE, and perhaps most heinous of all, the AoE isn't really that important for the fights either, compared to Highmaul's Tectus & Imperator.

Deleted
    Except for the fact that this current tier focuses on single target damage. Blackhand? Single Target. Blast Furnace Mythic? Single Target. Iron Maidens? Cleave, where we suck also. Those are the 3 hardest bosses currently and we have no place on them.

And also I don't think that they gonna fix our issues since almost all hardcore raiding enhancement shamans already rerolled to another class so they no longer care.
    On the other hand most of the remaining enhancement shamans play in weaker guilds and believe that enha is fine because their raidmates are just... bad. I have seen a lot of people talking things such as "enha is fine, you need to l2p noob, I'm on top of dps charts in my guild!"
    Most people playing enha think that enha is fine so Blizz doesn't need to fix this spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyx View Post
    And also I don't think that they gonna fix our issues since almost all hardcore raiding enhancement shamans already rerolled to another class so they no longer care.
    On the other hand most of the remaining enhancement shamans play in weaker guilds and believe that enha is fine because their raidmates are just... bad. I have seen a lot of people talking things such as "enha is fine, you need to l2p noob, I'm on top of dps charts in my guild!"
    Most people playing enha think that enha is fine so Blizz doesn't need to fix this spec.
    Where are you getting your terrible information? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsei View Post
    Except for the fact that this current tier focuses on single target damage. Blackhand? Single Target. Blast Furnace Mythic? Single Target. Iron Maidens? Cleave, where we suck also. Those are the 3 hardest bosses currently and we have no place on them.
    I haven't seen many people who are exactly satisfied with the state of Enhancement. Even when strrong in our niche, few people (myself included) seem to understand why we are AoEers all of a sudden after a history of focus on single-target DPS (with strong AoE in some particular situations). It is simply true that Enhancement is "fine" in most raid environments. Its not strong where it counts right now, but for most raiding Enhancement shaman their player skill is more important than the current balance of their spec. Yes, we're weak, but no that doesn't mean we're useless. If you enjoy the spec you keep playing it and do the best you can, while hoping things will get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanntos View Post
    Where are you getting your terrible information? lol
    I don't know for sure about rerolling, but Paragon/Method did not use Enhance at all this raid tier (or Ele for that matter). And I'm not entirely sure of this so take this with a grain of salt, but I think Ryethe said that he wasn't brought in much for progression. Along with Ryethe, Glyphtics also posts regularly here; maybe they can weigh in on the ability of Enhance to perform at Mythic Progression

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smaxy View Post
    I don't know for sure about rerolling, but Paragon/Method did not use Enhance at all this raid tier.
    Paragon used Enha Shaman in Highmaul. Highmaul = T17 = this tier. Tho the shaman went back to his rogue in BRF.

Quote Originally Posted by esatikkane View Post
    Paragon used Enha Shaman in Highmaul. Highmaul = T17 = this tier. Tho the shaman went back to his rogue in BRF.
    I meant this raid tier as being BRF, yes Paragon did use an Enh in HM but there have been so many changes (including Fire Nova nerd) that I don't really think it's all that meaningful.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just recently quit raiding (after 8 years), felt so useless this tier, and can't be bothered anymore
    really liked my shaman, not interested in rerolling
    guild was ~ US 20 when I quit

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Go look at Operator logs. That was heralded as Enhances fight by the devs.

You wont see Enhance at the top.

Youll see other classes who are stronger than us in all other areas.

Our niche is rubbish.
    Here: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...2&difficulty=4

As it turns out, Enhancements are indeed on the top. And if they weren't, they would be very close. Does every spec really need to be the number one spec DPS wise in at least one type of situation? There aren't sufficiently many types of situations to cover all DPS specs, and even if there were, it probably would be nigh on impossible to make sure that each spec had one situation each they would always be number one in. As it is now, there are many specs who will never ever be number one in any type of situation, unless there is a rather substantial skill discrepancy between the players. And that's fine, as long as they at least are very competitive in at least one area.

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    The problem really comes down to the fact that it's not one or two fights that we aren't so great on, it's the lion's share of bosses in BRF that we are really, really bad on, & the ones we are good on are both earlier on & relatively less strenuous, aren't top performers even when you introduce the AoE, and perhaps most heinous of all, the AoE isn't really that important for the fights either, compared to Highmaul's Tectus & Imperator.
    I concur. Blizzard haven't been very good at making varied boss fights in BRF in that regard, so there's a very noticable gap between specs overall, more so than earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyx View Post
    If you think Blizzard tune classes and specs on hearsay, then you are horribly mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayaxandra View Post
    I haven't seen many people who are exactly satisfied with the state of Enhancement. Even when strrong in our niche, few people (myself included) seem to understand why we are AoEers all of a sudden after a history of focus on single-target DPS (with strong AoE in some particular situations).
    This is a very valid point. Blizzard shouldn't entirely change the focus of a class like that.

It is simply true that Enhancement is "fine" in most raid environments. Its not strong where it counts right now, but for most raiding Enhancement shaman their player skill is more important than the current balance of their spec. Yes, we're weak, but no that doesn't mean we're useless. If you enjoy the spec you keep playing it and do the best you can, while hoping things will get better.
    I also agree with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    If our niche is aoe and it's the reason why we have sub pat single target damage with non existent cleave than damn straight we need to be top on aoe.

Lol 50th heroic percentile.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2015-03-06 at 08:15 AM.

lol at heroic 50th percentile.

Did you really just link Heroic logs to show any semblance of balance? You can go Frost DK or Assn Rogue and be fine in Heroic BRF. We're talking about mythic progression here..