View Poll Results: If you had been given the cute for all cancers you would.

Voters
401. This poll is closed
  • Sell it make a fortune.

196 48.88%
  • Give it away to all.

205 51.12%
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    Jesus I thought I was an asshole. Was utterly shocked by the poll. Thought any half-decent person would share it.

So every time anything nice was ever done to you with nothing expected in return, out of benevolence, you were just cackling to yourself about how you took advantage of them for your own benefit?
    Yes actually. It's one of the greatest joys in the world, manipulating people into doing things for you out of the goodness of their bleeding hearts. Why do anything for free when you can profit from it.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had an unlimited supply, $20 each. then I would make commercials saying "donate 5 cents a day to cute a childs cancer" and use that to cute all the poor people/kids who cant afford it. #sarahmclachlan
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Who would sell it lol? you would get rich as fuck just being the person with the cure anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus I thought I was an asshole. Was utterly shocked by the poll. Thought any half-decent person would share it.

So every time anything nice was ever done to you with nothing expected in return, out of benevolence, you were just cackling to yourself about how you took advantage of them for your own benefit?
    Don't forget this is the MMO-Champion forums,this site tends to attract all the worst gamers in the world so its not a really good place to put a life saving poll.

I would sell it. Obamacare would just make the rich people pay for the poor people to get it so I may as well get rich in the process.

How about neither?

If I'm the only one who can cure cancer (and nobody can easily take the cure from me) I can leverage that to achieve meaningful political changes. After all, every government will start kissing my ass and doing everything I want just so that I give the cure to their country first.

The cure could be leveraged to achieve world piece and a truely free political system. That'd be way better than either selling it or giving it away.

I would sell it for a price that would make me not have to worry about money every again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Sell it or give it away for free?
    I'm using a substance that has eliminated cancer and radioactive poisoning in mice.

Been on it for over a year now.

Last time I talked about it, the mod thought I was joking and infracted me.

Would share the details, but infraction reasons.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Lost my mother to cancer at 4:11 PM 5/7/2013 which was a Tuesday. Watching someone slowly die and not having anyway to stop it is a cruel terrible thing, not something I wish on anyone.

If giving it away legitimately got to the people who needed it, I'd have no problem doing so.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I'd probably sell it, but also work with not-for-profit organizations to donate large quantities of it to areas that can't afford even that much (like $100 a pop).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garlorik View Post
    I would sell it. Obamacare would just make the rich people pay for the poor people to get it so I may as well get rich in the process.
    That's not how Obama care works.

How it really works is similar to how our NHS works here in England.

The poor pay for it so the poorest benefit.

The rich pay nothing.

I wonder if the folks who said they would sell the cure, would still do it if they (or relatives) were the ones suffering from cancer. ''Hi mom, got cancer? That'll be *insert amount* $ please. Sorry, I don't want to help you for free.'' And don't you dare to come up with family discounts.

The ones selling it are only asking for 20-500 a pop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Pretty much this. I think even $100 would be good.
    Each year globally, about 14 million people learn they have cancer

14 million * 100 = $ 1.4 Billion
    I hope with all your money you are donating much of it to other charities.

I would be happy with charging Production costs + $1 for it. The $1 would be split as 25c for me, the rest going towards charitable organisations.
    14 million * .25 = $3.5 Million

Remember this is a cure, not prevention.
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2015-03-11 at 01:41 PM.

Deleted
    presupposing a free cure would be readily distributable to people (sadly it wouldn't) or that you couldn't use the money better than most people, even for the advancement for society.
    i voted profit because, A that way the distribution works, B, because then i can fund all the shit i think would make the world a better place, and C, because i am not kidding myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Sell it or give it away for free?
    Would not sell to a company, would sell every dose for a 5-10% of a persons wealth and use the money on other humanitarian projects

Those with low money would pay very little but those rich people would pay a lot in comparison. Perfect!
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sell it to pharmaceutical companys and the deal will be that they give it away for free.

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancerb...cer-prevalence

Even if you sold the treatment at $50 a pop you'd make $724,191,500

If you were feeling even more generous by giving half of the treatments way to those that couldn't afford the $50, you'd still make over $320,000,000.

Considering what cancer treatment costs right now, $50 is nothing.

Edit: Those numbers don't even take into account un-diagnosed cases of cancer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would first petent the crap out of it.

Then I will sell it, but in different stages:

I would sell it at ridiculously high price to start off with, milk the rich as much as possible, and making insane money at this stage.

Then after a while (a couple of years), make it "more affordable", but mostly to the upper-middle classes, at this point, still making VERY good money, and at a much bigger volume.

After another few years, by this time I am filthy rich already (should be), and I will start selling companies right to produce this cure (I did have it patent), and demand production royalties from it, then I know going forward I will have a good income stream coming, how much those companies want to charge will be up to them at this point, maybe they will make it so cheap that everyone can afford, maybe not, but it isn't my decision at that point anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Sell it to pharmaceutical companys and the deal will be that they give it away for free.
    So it is an investment that doesn't generate any monetary benefit, except for the company known to be a company that has the cure for cancer?

I am not sure many company would be up for that....

I would sell it for 150 dollars each. I'd still make a fortune that way, and i wouldn't feel like a dick.