Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    nice try blizz..

lets the kids discussion for this..

but i fuck for the 5 ilevel..

give us flying and daylies with rep back!
    Do you even english?

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Holy shit is Bashiok fucking retarded? Shouldn't matter? Asking why? Is this cunt really asking why a 3% buff across the board will change anything? I swear these ass hats don't even play this game and have no clue how it works. Do they actually expect 5 hours to be a "heads up" so we can get 30 people together and decide "hey we're going to raid wed/thurs/friday this week instead of tuesday. The fact is any guild competing for server first who ran last night got fucked compared to other guilds who don't run tuesdays and now have a huge buff for when their raid times start. And this twat doesn't understand that at all.
    They gave us heads up that it'll come this week, but they never promised it would be tuesday. Either they release it when it's ready or they do it next tuesday, those were the options. Why should that buff get delayed just cause some people couldn't see that their items didn't change so maybe they should re-schedule?

If you care enough to whine, I'm sure you can make time to add a raid night. If you can't, then you're not really hardcore enough to deserve to cry over a buff coming out just one day later than the lockout.

Maybe there'd be a real argument if they moved it to friday or saturday, but you have plenty time to adjust. If you're raiding for server first then you should be adding nights due to the buff anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like it was some pretty poor communication with the ilvl increase. When a community manager or dev says that some item level boost is going to be implemented "next week", they should know that everyone automatically assumes that "Next week" means "Next reset". We assume this because, for nearly every update in the past where they announce something for next week, it is implemented on patch day. This time, it wasn't.

To me, it feels like they PLANNED to release it on Tuesday, but something came up that prevented them from putting it in when they wanted. Rather than admit that something went wrong (Which, honestly, I feel like would have been better received by the community - most of us understand that crap happens), it feels like they went the more lawyer-y / politician-y route, which really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Does the 5 ilvl increase mean much to me? No, not really. My team goes in for progression on Thursday, and we had no issue with our farm bosses last night. What matters to me is that it feels like Blizzard is trying to cover up minor errors with clever use of fine-print pointing. If they do that with something as minor as "Oops, we messed up a bit of code and this thing will be delayed for a day", what else will they do that with? It makes me fear even more ambiguity in the future when the dev team and CMs interract with the community
    Last edited by The Firestar; 2015-03-18 at 04:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestar463 View Post
    for nearly every update in the past where they announce something for next week, it is implemented on patch day. This time, it wasn't.
    This is 100% not true.

Hotfixes (which is what this is) happen very frequently on non maintenance days.

For reference...

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/180...-12-13-03-2015

March the 12th... Thu

March the 11th... Weds

Match the 9th... Mon
    Last edited by mmoc3dde1cb131; 2015-03-18 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    nice try blizz..

lets the kids discussion for this..

but i fuck for the 5 ilevel..

give us flying and daylies with rep back!
    Best post ever.

Trolling all the Tues/Wed raiding guilds.

<sigh>

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblez View Post
    Is the US really crying that much about the iLvl boost? Do you really feel it screws US progression over, because EU does probably get it at reset? How about you guys get a day early in world first progression, because you reset on Tuesdays? And that it has ALWAYS been like that?! Now stop being such babies about 5 item levels. Sheesh.
    Umm, the raid groups that actually pioneer raid progression could give two hoots about 5 ilvls. Those groups are professionals, whose skills are such that gear has little to do with actual progression. The complaints are from the couch commandos and casuals who are irritated because they can't progress through Flex without any help. LFR was great in that it provided folks who would otherwise never experience current content, a sniff of what raiding is (I wouldn't even call it a taste -- well, maybe Imp was a taste, and folks still needed stack of Determination nine times out of 10). However, its awful offspring is the self-inflated gamer who now feels that he or she can down higher difficulties.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wolphe View Post
    loving the americans crying over the fact that EU actually might get something first this time.
    It's all fine when they get patches and what not one day ahead of EU, but never the other way around.
    Ha ha ha yeah But still they lost most world's 1st's through the years despite having a head-start...what a bunch of whiners..

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Ha ha ha yeah But still they lost most world's 1st's through the years despite having a head-start...what a bunch of whiners..
    In all fairness...Method did use extremely questionable methods (no pun intended)/cheated to get this world first.

Not that it mattered in this case, the next two(? might be one or three XD...) guilds were also EU.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    People always scream "entitlement" at matters like these from paid subscribers but it's strange how some seem to have interpreted this as some sort of gift from Blizzard, an act of good will. It's a corrective change 5 months after beta closed to a rectify a large error of judgement they concede to have made so I don't see it as unreasonable for those affected to expect it to be fixed in a timely and convenient manner.

I really feel sorry for what Bashiok and community managers in general have to go through with some of you out there. When he says it doesn't affect you, he means there's no negative side to this as the instance was already tuned for the current ilvl and guilds were handling it fine; the change was made to increase the sense of reward from BRF compared to Highmaul. If they hadn't announced the change none of you would be complaining about it not being available on Tuesday. They never even announced it would be on Tuesday, and even if they had, how exactly does it negatively affect you compared to what you had to do up until now? You guys are just like a bunch of impatient assholes drooling over a nice change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    People always scream "entitlement" at matters like these from paid subscribers but it's strange how some seem to have interpreted this as some sort of gift from Blizzard, an act of good will. It's a corrective change 5 months after beta closed to a rectify a large error of judgement they concede to have made so I don't see it as unreasonable for those affected to expect it to be fixed in a timely and convenient manner.
    Large error? What are you talking about? The change isn't made as a matter of a mistuned instance, if that were the case they would just buff/nerf the encounters and they repeatedly mentioned this. The changes were made to give people a bigger sense of reward when upgrading from Highmaul gear.

Guilds were handling the instance just fine. It absolutely is unreasonable for you to be so impatient about it when it's a change that isn't necessary for BRF progression. It literally doesn't affect anyone negatively, as the gear remains the same as it's been since the release of BRF. It will only affect people positively when it's finally changed.

They never said it would be on a Tuesday either, they said next week and we're still in that next week. So that's technically a misinterpretation from some of you, not a failure by them.

They announced a nice little change and you guys went ape shit over it not arriving NOW NOW NOW! Like a bunch of spoiled children.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    Trolling all the Tues/Wed raiding guilds.
    Why? How does this affect how they've been doing things since the release of BRF? Maybe you think the items that drop before the change won't get a higher ilvl? If so you probably missed this quote: "This change will be retroactive, affecting existing items that players may have in their possession."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firestar463 View Post
    I feel like it was some pretty poor communication with the ilvl increase. When a community manager or dev says that some item level boost is going to be implemented "next week", they should know that everyone automatically assumes that "Next week" means "Next reset". We assume this because, for nearly every update in the past where they announce something for next week, it is implemented on patch day. This time, it wasn't.

To me, it feels like they PLANNED to release it on Tuesday, but something came up that prevented them from putting it in when they wanted. Rather than admit that something went wrong (Which, honestly, I feel like would have been better received by the community - most of us understand that crap happens), it feels like they went the more lawyer-y / politician-y route, which really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Does the 5 ilvl increase mean much to me? No, not really. My team goes in for progression on Thursday, and we had no issue with our farm bosses last night. What matters to me is that it feels like Blizzard is trying to cover up minor errors with clever use of fine-print pointing. If they do that with something as minor as "Oops, we messed up a bit of code and this thing will be delayed for a day", what else will they do that with? It makes me fear even more ambiguity in the future when the dev team and CMs interract with the community
    You're reading WAY too much into this and it's a rather unfair point of view. Your post is based on assumptions and no actual facts. Their reasoning behind the use of "next week" could just as easily been that they were ideally hoping they could release it on Tuesday but they knew it might take a little longer so they told us to expect it next week, not next Tuesday. Nothing deceitful about it and people are making a huge fuss about a change that doesn't affect them in the slightest until it's actually deployed.
    Last edited by Taiiger; 2015-03-18 at 06:53 PM.

Deleted
    Where's the EU deployment, come on Blizz!

And look at you, posting on a video game forum when there are people out there dying in wars, starving, being gang raped. You just sit there being self righteous in your little cozy computer chair. See how ignorant I sound? That's you. Piss off.

- - - Updated - - -
    Except the fact that I am indeed a war veteran who served in Uruzgan province, afghanistan in 2008. Your argument is invalid. You'll find my name written on a stone at the Qudus overwatch near Khyber district. Have a nice day and enjoy sitting on your blisters, sucks to get burned

OT:

I still stand by my comment, people need to relax. This community is incredibly sour. You can't post a thing without some angry kid retaliating (like above).
    Games are games, if you have nothing more pressing going on in your life than to rage over this issue than count your blessings.
    Last edited by 7empest; 2015-03-18 at 09:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Romulen View Post
    Where's the EU deployment, come on Blizz!

^I just connected to check the changes but there are not changes at the moment -.-U

Holy shit is Bashiok fucking retarded? Shouldn't matter? Asking why? Is this cunt really asking why a 3% buff across the board will change anything? I swear these ass hats don't even play this game and have no clue how it works. Do they actually expect 5 hours to be a "heads up" so we can get 30 people together and decide "hey we're going to raid wed/thurs/friday this week instead of tuesday. The fact is any guild competing for server first who ran last night got fucked compared to other guilds who don't run tuesdays and now have a huge buff for when their raid times start. And this twat doesn't understand that at all.
    Going by your posts, you're struggling in BRF. If you can't beat it now, you're not going to beat it with a small ilvl buff, no matter how much of a twist your panties are in, it'll be easier sure, but it is NOT going to be the difference between a kill or a wipe. You've thrown more tantrums in this thread than my toddler cousin in the last year. Chill the fuck out and git good.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Item level Hotfix not deployed on EU servers yet (at least not where I am on), nor seen on armory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duniah View Post
    ^I just connected to check the changes but there are not changes at the moment -.-U
    Ye, same...

Quote Originally Posted by lolburke View Post
    The hotfix is useless for the majority of raiders because they raid on Tuesday, and it isn't even guaranteed for Wednesday. "Next week" is vague and doesn't help anyone make "the right choices" since only Blizzard knows when it'll go up. Expecting the players to be psychic about it is poor communication.
    I wonder why I keep getting banned, responding to comments like this. That and we keep losing them damned raid tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    ha ha ha ha ha yeah you know you really made it in life when your continent is getting world firsts in world of warcraft.

what an accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    No they do not.

People on the internet need to stop being self entitled cry babies, but we all know that is not going to happen.
    Yep basically this.

There is nothing wrong with what they did with this. They were vague because they were working on it and couldn't give an exact time line.

I can't believe the whining over this.