Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Sounds awesome. But there's something I just want to double check so I'm gonna do it right.

Lets take ICC25HC as an example.

My warrior goes in an clears the instance but doesn't kill LK. Am I correct in understanding then that I can sign my Rogue up to that lockout using the premade group tool and kill LK with my Rogue and my Warrior will still have him as "unkilled" and therefor I can then proceed to share the lockout with for example my Warlock, Mage, Hunter, etc and when all my chars are done at the very end kill him with my warrior?

Or, in the case of Ulduar just leave Yogg as unkilled on one of my toons so the next week I can do the same song and dance? Cause that's really the only instance which I HATE to clear trash at.

Thanks for the clarification.

Cheers,

Kent
    Last edited by mmoc6d195bc394; 2015-02-26 at 04:40 PM.

Yes, that's right. The character you have saved must be out of the instance (I use a 93 sitting in his garrison), and he won't be saved when your other character kills the end-boss. I do this every week for ulduar, ICC, and dragon soul on multiple characters.

Deleted
    I failed at it once again. I honestly dont understand whats wrong. Im baffled. When i look to raid info the LK appears to be available normally, when i ENTER the raid he is dead.

WTF
    Last edited by mmoc21b9eae572; 2015-02-28 at 12:22 PM.

Are you clearing ICC on normal or heroic? The situation you're describing sounds identical to what I experienced when I first started using a second account to hold lockouts. If you're clearing the whole thing on heroic, I believe those lockouts still function the way that mythic lockouts do now, i.e. if LK is killed on a saved heroic lockout all characters that were in that lockout at any point get locked to a LK kill. If that is the case, try clearing up to LK on normal, then convert to heroic after you zone in on your farm character; your lockout-save character will retain an 11/12 (or 10/12 if you skipped Val) normal lockout.

OP: Thanks so much for sharing this. I havent been able to justify a sub fee for my second account for some time now, and as a result I've gotten too lazy to mount farm every week. If this method does indeed work then I just might get back into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Erathus View Post
    I failed at it once again. I honestly dont understand whats wrong. Im baffled. When i look to raid info the LK appears to be available normally, when i ENTER the raid he is dead.

WTF
    yeah something like that kept happening in 5.1 for me.

so since then ive just had a lockout with BQL up. i run in on said char, kick lockout char, kill BQL. set hc and kill lk. takes like 2 min extra
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiao View Post
    Are you clearing ICC on normal or heroic? The situation you're describing sounds identical to what I experienced when I first started using a second account to hold lockouts. If you're clearing the whole thing on heroic, I believe those lockouts still function the way that mythic lockouts do now, i.e. if LK is killed on a saved heroic lockout all characters that were in that lockout at any point get locked to a LK kill. If that is the case, try clearing up to LK on normal, then convert to heroic after you zone in on your farm character; your lockout-save character will retain an 11/12 (or 10/12 if you skipped Val) normal lockout.

OP: Thanks so much for sharing this. I havent been able to justify a sub fee for my second account for some time now, and as a result I've gotten too lazy to mount farm every week. If this method does indeed work then I just might get back into it.
    Yeah, im on the legendary quest for shadomourne with my DK so i clear up till LK in heroic mode to get the shadowfrost shards, and then i log to other chars to get them saved for the last boss. ( i followed the instuctions of the OP step by step, and i watched the video as well).

Thank you for the advice, will try it out but unfortunately next week.

Btw does anyone know if it matters whether the saved character is in a raid or a simple group when i invite my farm character to get him saved? I think i have done it both ways to no avail, but im not sure so if u know tell me plz

Deleted
    So I posted last week about it not working for me for some reason. Turns out, if you have it set to heroic it will create a new save instead of using your main's save.

So basically for ICC or anything that has heroic you need to set it to normal, run in and then change it to heroic once you are inside. Dont forget to disband the group after you kill LK or you will get saved on the character you cleared up to LK with.

Quote Originally Posted by Osheri View Post
    Dont forget to disband the group after you kill LK or you will get saved on the character you cleared up to LK with.
    I've never had this happen. The spot where you can mess up is if you zone into ICC25H rather than 25N, or if you don't disband and completely remake the group in-between additional characters-- that can screw up other characters' lockouts. But the alt holding the raid lock never gets saved to the last boss no matter what, because he's disconnected the whole time.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2015-03-01 at 02:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I've never had this happen. The spot where you can mess up is if you zone into ICC25H rather than 25N, or if you don't disband and completely remake the group in-between additional characters-- that can screw up other characters' lockouts. But the alt holding the raid lock never gets saved to the last boss no matter what, because he's disconnected the whole time.
    If you logged it out without leaving the raid it does. It happened to me once.

I tried this last week when it was posted on reddit. None of the other characters were properly saved to any of the instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Osheri View Post
    If you logged it out without leaving the raid it does. It happened to me once.
    Ahh. I have indeed never done that. Would hate to get saved to DS, I don't exactly enjoy doing Spine.

I tried this and i keep getting this problem.

These were my steps:

1. I cleared ICC25 HC till Lich King on my druid.
    2. Opened a legacy raid in the LFR tool and invited my rogue.
    3. Killed Lich King with my Rogue.

My Lockout table looks now like this:

As you can see my druid is not saved to Lich King, but when i enter ICC25 HC with the druid i keep getting a message that the raid instance is in progress and i have to choose, either i will get saved to the 11/12 progress like my rogue or i get teleported out.

What am i doing wrong?
    Last edited by Findme; 2015-03-02 at 06:10 AM.

Deleted
    Thats exactly what im getting as well Findme. Try clearing it on normal to pass the lockout and then change the difficulty to heroic before u enter with each char. I will try it out this week to see how it goes.

If this is indeed the case then OP's post needs some serious updates.

Yes, ICC must be cleared on 25N on your saved character. Then you zone in on another grouped character as 25N, and once inside change it to 25H. I believe this has been covered in the thread.

Was this fixed? Just tried it today and never got the prompt to accept the lockout. Though I did clear on 10man then try switching to 25 then once inside to heroic maybe this was the problem
    Last edited by ScooterPerpetual; 2015-03-10 at 07:11 PM.

I haven't tested it yet this week, but if they were to "fix" it, seems logical they would make kills apply to your logged-out character, not stop new characters from accepting locks. Hopefully this hasn't changed. I really don't see the harm in letting people save lockouts to old content.

Edit: Just tested, still works fine.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2015-03-10 at 11:30 PM.

Hi there. sorry for bumping the thread.

I'm wondering if it hasn't been fixed :
    I cleaned ICC in 25 normal mode until Sindragosa with my hunter. I went outside of ICC, started the group, invited my monk . With my monk, I accepted the ID 10/12 (Valithria not killed) I waited to have the lead on the group, kicked my hunter from the group, switched to HC, killed LK, disbanded the group.
    But when I logged back on my hunter, I entered ICC again but I had a message that the instance is in progress with 11/12 killed (Lich King dead)

Maybe I did something wrong but its the second time I'm "killing" an ID like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yardbirds View Post
    Hi there. sorry for bumping the thread.

I'm wondering if it hasn't been fixed :
    I cleaned ICC in 25 normal mode until Sindragosa with my hunter. I went outside of ICC, started the group, invited my monk . With my monk, I accepted the ID 10/12 (Valithria not killed) I waited to have the lead on the group, kicked my hunter from the group, switched to HC, killed LK, disbanded the group.
    But when I logged back on my hunter, I entered ICC again but I had a message that the instance is in progress with 11/12 killed (Lich King dead)

Maybe I did something wrong but its the second time I'm "killing" an ID like that.
    As I said above, you need to disband the raid after you are done killing LK on your alt. If you dont and you log onto your initial character that is logged out in the raid you will get saved.

Yes I know and thats what i'm doing.
    I tried by doing that AND by kicking my main once I have the lead and then disband the group after i'm done but I still had to accept the cleaned ID.
    I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I can't find what.

EDIT: I think I know where the mistake came from: instead of disbanding I kicked the alt from the group and then disbanded.
    I tried again in Firelands : killed the first boss with my alt, invited my monk, switched to HC with my monk killed Alisrazor and disbanded.
    When I logged back my mage I was still at 1 / 7.
    Last edited by Yardbirds; 2015-03-21 at 02:27 PM.

still works I finished doing ICC on 7 chars and for those having the issues of being saved when logging into an alt do a little more research. Also 4 shame just copying ownedcores thread about this even with exact title, thread post and video. GG SIR