Page 43 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    When you say combine healing and DPS during HotW are you just winging it or do you have some kind of choreography? For example sotf-wg on cd/mechanics and filling gcds with damage and leaving the rest to the other healers, to mention a very obvious approach. Maybe keep up lb/shrooms.

Also, how do you manage the constant target swapping. On my shaman I'm using mouseover healing exclusively, combined with [harm] no-mouseover modifiers for the damage spells on the same buttons.
    On my druid I'm not using mouseover at all, and am constantly target switching. Or realistically not switching at all because it's annoying to play like that and I cba optimizing around DoC.

Anyone using [@targettarget]? Is that even still a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
    When you say combine healing and DPS during HotW are you just winging it or do you have some kind of choreography? For example sotf-wg on cd/mechanics and filling gcds with damage and leaving the rest to the other healers, to mention a very obvious approach. Maybe keep up lb/shrooms.

Also, how do you manage the constant target swapping. On my shaman I'm using mouseover healing exclusively, combined with [harm] no-mouseover modifiers for the damage spells on the same buttons.
    On my druid I'm not using mouseover at all, and am constantly target switching. Or realistically not switching at all because it's annoying to play like that and I cba optimizing around DoC.

In general I have a macro that I use (which also works through Vuhdo) that will cast wrath at my focus target, and if I have no focus, my target. But yeah, for the most part I maintain the essential healing spells and use GCDs on healing only when it feels absolutely necessary (during HotW, at least). I generally refrain from even re-placing mushroom, and just leave it to a single well-timed regrowth cast on the tank to keep harmony/LB up, just so I have the ability to cast a mastery buffed WG or Rejuvs right away if needed.

That is if everything goes "well", so in a sense I would be winging it. If damage becomes a problem, I would swap to primarily a healing role for as long I felt needed and then swap back.

So for Iron Maiden I have Marak focused and Sorka targeted, so once Marak dies I immediately would be casting at Sorka. I spam as much as I can, healing as little as possible until HotW is over, unless we take a spike in raid damage (which is very likely towards the end of my HotW) or someone drops particularly low.

Also, I use ToL, it fits the fight well (instant regrowths during bombs, intense boat healing, healing compressed at the end). To be honest, I seem to always gravitate back to ToL. I think you would find many "top" druids do as well. SotF always (and always has) felt forced to me.

Just take a look at the rankings, 73 of 92 top 10 rankings are ToL:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...bilities.33891
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2015-03-19 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    The way I interpreted this is that HotW is not great for Iron Maidens if one has three or four healers, but you probably didn't mean that. Do you mean the HotW usage is different depending on whether one goes with three or four healers? I suppose if one is bringing three healers, the last 20% of the fight will become more intense, and so the value of HotW is greater.
    You're right on the money!
    I ment that HoTW is amazing for Maidens because you can have a big buff to your healing/dmg when you need it, the last 20% of the fight.

It's all about communication with your healing team.

If I'm tunneling wraths and moonfires on the boss it's because my healing team don't need me to heal.

If I'm semi dpsing I tend to have Lb up and refresh harmony with swiftmend or regrowth if OoC is up. If theres raid dmg I do the same but I also keep shroom up with WG when its requierd.

You're always kinda "winging" it since you're reacting to boss mechanics and how your raid responds to them.

I'm using mouseover healing, not clicking frames and therefore keeping my dps target as my target so I can spam my dps rotation without having to swap between members of my raid and the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    Also, I use ToL, it fits the fight well (instant regrowths during bombs, intense boat healing, healing compressed at the end). To be honest, I seem to always gravitate back to ToL. I think you would find many "top" druids do as well. SotF always (and always has) felt forced to me.

Just take a look at the rankings, 73 of 92 top 10 rankings are ToL:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...bilities.33891
    Well for some reason I'm ranked 9 out of 10 and I've only used it on two fights, so I'm not sure it tracks it for overall bosses.

ToL is a great talent for bursts of dmg, while SotF atleast in my eyes is better for fights with more constant AoE dmg.
    However you see most people always running ToL.

I also believe that If you're not using x2 spirit trinkets people tend to stay with ToL because they do not have the mana for SotF + WG spam.
    Last edited by Drefan; 2015-03-20 at 01:07 AM.

Deleted

get healbot, problem solved?

Ended up doing ~4.5 million damage (8.7K DPS) on IM using the double use of HotW, was fun, about the only interesting thing to do as a druid on the fight

Ended up doing ~4.5 million damage (8.7K DPS) on IM using the double use of HotW, was fun, about the only interesting thing to do as a druid on the fight
    Sadly that's the case however it's like the only bad fight in BRF

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on comp too. I am the main source of raid healing, so I will probably be purposing my second usage of HotW to both DPS and heal. Not only is it a race to take down all the Maidens (and particularly Marak within about 30 seconds, once they hit 20%), but then Turret damage combined with Volatile Orbs starts ramping up heavily shortly after (depending on how good your raid is at bursting turrets). So for me it is a game of Using HotW in a spot where you can help DPS, but then potentially having it available for the first big spike in raid damage.

Optimally I would be able to use it fully on DPS (and the raid does well on the first turrets), and then I would use Tranq and ToL for the last minute of the fight and support raid healing. Got to be on my toes!
    I'd say it also depends on your strategy. We pushed 20% right as Admirals boat was happening so that the raid could just kill Marak and Sorka without Penetrating Shots or Turrets. I think our Resto Druid ended up taking Heart and just using it on that final boat to make sure that nothing bad happened on it.

When we got off the boat, Marak was dead and Sorka was at ~5%, so the entire last phase healing is pretty trivial.
    Jellogtwo - Druid - Royal Militia [A10] - Main - 14/14H
    Jellog - Monk - Royal Militia [A10] - Alt - 14/14H

<Royal Militia> - 14/14H x2, US 27th (22nd for 10s only), is now recruiting all classes for WoD!

Hotw is great on 7-minute fights, just for the healing boost.

not really on 7 minute fights, but in those situarions it can be nice for damage and then healing at the end

there's basically not a single fight right now where any healing needs to be done in the first minute unfortunately

and if there is (like on twin ogron or blackhand) it usually gets completely destroyed by heavy bubble spam

How are you healing mythic grull?
    TOL or SotF, rejuving every slash group or DOC+WG only?
    What is the best time for our 2 tranqs?

Im struggling with it a bit, cant find my own pace

Quote Originally Posted by Gailiuga View Post

I used ToL and NV. NV I used on CD after the second Inferno Slice and ToL I saved for the Enrage phase (NV was up by then as well). We used 5 healers and didn't have set places for our CD's but I found mine was best placed after the enrage was over to top the raid back off with ToL still active. I could've used HotW but we weren't having any DPS or healing issues so just stuck with the more passive NV healing. Also even though you're not using Sotf you still Wild Growth every slash group. You don't really need the empowered wild growth with 5 healers healing the same 5-6 targets and the ToL makes getting through the enrage easy with little reliance on Raid CDs.

For the tranqs I'd suggest using them in the transition or if you're falling behind with healing in p1.

I used SotF but that was mainly because I was focus healing a group that was soaking several stacks instead of one.
    A lot of people use ToL now and I'd think if you're doing 1 slash on each group there is no need to play anything else.

I used Shroom in the start but found that it didnt do that much and it kept draining me for basically no healing.
    People had to dodge AoE, Smash etc. giving them very low uptime inside efflo very low.

I've used the WG build for all of our Gruul kills, and found it works very well assuming that you are able to single-minded heal your own group (depending on your healer assignment). You can fill in with WG on other groups if yours doesn't need it, or put Rejuv on your own group.

Something I have not tried but could be an option here is actually SotF-NV, with NV to fill in particularly bad slashes (with double Rejuv on your entire group).

Tranq is best used during Destructive Rampage + Fox, or after a slash where you know a Petrify is not coming.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Grulls a bit of a joke now that you can just have 3 groups soaking 1 stack each, healing requirements are so low now that it really doesnt matter what talents you choose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drefan View Post
    For the tranqs I'd suggest using them in the transition or if you're falling behind with healing in p1.

I used SotF but that was mainly because I was focus healing a group that was soaking several stacks instead of one.
    A lot of people use ToL now and I'd think if you're doing 1 slash on each group there is no need to play anything else.

I used Shroom in the start but found that it didnt do that much and it kept draining me for basically no healing.
    People had to dodge AoE, Smash etc. giving them very low uptime inside efflo very low.
    What is up with the lack of love for mushroom It is easy fire and forget healing when you can just dps if you want and let the mushroom heal for you. On our first kill we 4 healed it using the 3soak group strategy. Healing requirement was really not high so I played wild growth build. Attempted tree but ended up with such massive overhealing with a holy paladin and a disc in raid. Mushroom ended up second highest spell on my healing list doing solid 18% of my total healing with reasonably low overhealing. I love that spell. Slice, WG, dps or heal tanks. Refresh mushroom under the group that is soaking. Tranq during the rampage phase. Worked very well for us, really easy on mana too, might be a useful tip if your team is not super geared and are just beginning to progress.

Deleted
    Hello guys. NEw to this forum.

I want to ask you for a little help.
    Currently my guild is on heroic Blast Furnace progress.
    My talents are ToL + NV + Germination which I think is quite OK.
    But I am considering to do 2-3 tries with Force of Nature+ NV or maybe DoC and plus Germiantion or MoC. What do you suggest ?
    I know that the Force of Nature is still not the talent we want it to be but I was using this talent a lot in dungeons and HC dungeons and before patch 6.1 (pre-boost).
    So I am really thinking to give it a try. Or where do you suggest to use FoN on which HC bosses from BRF ?

Thanks for tips
    Have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    What is up with the lack of love for mushroom It is easy fire and forget healing when you can just dps if you want and let the mushroom heal for you. On our first kill we 4 healed it using the 3soak group strategy. Healing requirement was really not high so I played wild growth build. Attempted tree but ended up with such massive overhealing with a holy paladin and a disc in raid. Mushroom ended up second highest spell on my healing list doing solid 18% of my total healing with reasonably low overhealing. I love that spell. Slice, WG, dps or heal tanks. Refresh mushroom under the group that is soaking. Tranq during the rampage phase. Worked very well for us, really easy on mana too, might be a useful tip if your team is not super geared and are just beginning to progress.
    Yeah seems about right.

We had like 10 pulls or something before we killed it, in the first tries I started running oom at the end. I looked how my shroom was performing, wasnt that good. Our meele didnt use it enough and our ranged didnt bother moving into it which made it not work in my favor and therefore switched it out for a few more rejuvs. I used SotF and not ToL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smejusak View Post
    Hello guys. NEw to this forum.

I want to ask you for a little help.
    Currently my guild is on heroic Blast Furnace progress.
    My talents are ToL + NV + Germination which I think is quite OK.
    But I am considering to do 2-3 tries with Force of Nature+ NV or maybe DoC and plus Germiantion or MoC. What do you suggest ?
    I know that the Force of Nature is still not the talent we want it to be but I was using this talent a lot in dungeons and HC dungeons and before patch 6.1 (pre-boost).
    So I am really thinking to give it a try. Or where do you suggest to use FoN on which HC bosses from BRF ?

Thanks for tips
    Have a nice day
    Tol + Nv + Germ is very good for that fight and in many eyes the superior choice.

I personaly use SotF, HotW and Germ on most fights. Gives me high throughput, dmg when needed.
    I usally HotW on the elementalists so we killed them in one nuke session.

I do not feel that MoC can compete with germ in any terms.
    Last edited by Drefan; 2015-03-24 at 11:23 AM.

Amasing guide as usualy =) thanks

Deleted
    One more thing if I may ask. Anybode from you using RealUI ? As I am using it as I think it is great UI but have some probelms with realUI auras. And it looks like I will have to use weak auras for some tracking. Cause I can not configure in realui auras the timer for how much time I have left till Wild Mushrooms expire.

Quote Originally Posted by Smejusak View Post
    One more thing if I may ask. Anybode from you using RealUI ? As I am using it as I think it is great UI but have some probelms with realUI auras. And it looks like I will have to use weak auras for some tracking. Cause I can not configure in realui auras the timer for how much time I have left till Wild Mushrooms expire.
    One of the downfalls of RealUI (which I use and love; heavily modded though) is that the Aura Tracker is custom built. As such, the only way to adjust parts of it that don't exist are to edit the LUA code itself. If you are comfortable editing the code, you can probably figure a way to tweak the Wild Mushroom tracker. I unfortunately can't assist with that because I've taken the lazy approach and just deal with it by watching the buff timer ony my character bar. xD