Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiercon View Post
    Because to be of ANY use you would need to have AT LEAST one renewing mist going on three targets - and that would be a waste of mana upliftwise. Regardless: This alone takes you 3 GCDs (one for the application and two more for it to spread). So even if you time everything correctly and put aside the fact that you shouldn't be putting out more than one ReM back to back to another one you would need

1st GCD on ReM 1
    2nd GCD on ReM 2
    3rd GCD on ReM2 to spread once
    4th Cast of Uplift on hopefully 6 targets (the heal hits just after the 6th ReM of Rem2 has spread)

This in all sums up to 3 GCDs and a cast. Of course you should and must try to be prepared for damage peaks but lets be honest - so should any healer.

So yeah: it's cast might be relatively fast. Having it hit the right number of people, having the right number of Chi and timing the cast to the right amount of damage does make it way less bursty than you want to make it.
    The monk in my guild said he gained mana from ReM/uplifting after the spirit trinket changes,(I guess I should consider that most people dont have the trinkets he has tho) But still I doubt mana is gonna be an issue. And you should (like you said) already have the ReM's up before the dmg.

now check the difference of a resto druid hotting half of the raid before DMG comes out and you using ReM on half of the raid and then uplifting.

The uplift will still be WAY bursty than the hots from for example the druid or Hpriest.

(it would come close to Circle of healing and wildgrowth, wild growth still being the least bursty unless you have Soul of the Forest)

And besides that you still have Chi burst and RJW for burst healing. I really dont see how anyone can say monk is not bursty compared to other healers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Colix View Post
    The monk in my guild said he gained mana from ReM/uplifting after the spirit trinket changes,(I guess I should consider that most people dont have the trinkets he has tho) But still I doubt mana is gonna be an issue. And you should (like you said) already have the ReM's up before the dmg.

now check the difference of a resto druid hotting half of the raid before DMG comes out and you using ReM on half of the raid and then uplifting.

The uplift will still be WAY bursty than the hots from for example the druid or Hpriest.

(it would come close to Circle of healing and wildgrowth, wild growth still being the least bursty unless you have Soul of the Forest)

And besides that you still have Chi burst and RJW for burst healing. I really dont see how anyone can say monk is not bursty compared to other healers.

It's the burstiest outside of cooldowns, in my opinion. Which is good in terms of doing effective healing when it matters. I'm pretty sure RJW will actually need to be nerfed next tier - or the mana tea change reversed. To stop the spec being completely dumb. 30%+ RJW uptime is already kind of a thing now. And most monks dont have double mythic static yet which is just huge

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostship View Post
    If, and only if, we manage to progress to Mythic level raids will we positively contribute to the effective healing of a group and begin to prove our worth.

No. How to explain bluntly...

Monks are good at actual damage? Be that in heroic or otherwise. You can be mythic geared and still do really good healing in heroic or normal. You just need the other healers to AFK.

What monks are bad at is sporadic damage on individuals at the same time as well as a certain degree of control to their raid healing. Which is where a rdruids targeted raid heals and range on wild growth are more effective than the ReM/Uplift mechanic & the more limited range of RJW.

So far as you + pugs. You shouldn't really have problems padding numbers. I get that a pug raid leader gives 0 shits given about what phase you are going big dick in and the general concept of effective healing but.

Spamming your face off and doing high HPS just really isn't a problem on a monk anyway

wait what? Monk is the most bursty healer out there
    It is only bursty when the RM hit the ppl who really get damage, and have 4 chi to uplift x 2. Uplift is not bursty at all if when aoe damage happen, no chi to spend. Gain 1 chi need <= 1.5 sec (depend on haste), 2 chi need > 2 sec. Uplift need 1.5 sec. So 2 chi + uplift need >= 3.5 sec! Too long. It means that MW need to know when aoe damage will happen and save 4 chi to uplift x 2 to burst heal.

RJW and chi burst are only awesome in stack fight.

We can still have good HPS with good timing and use of revival.

However, MW have a very hard time to compete with Disc or HPally. Bubble win!
    Last edited by olzenkhaw; 2015-03-31 at 03:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    They just lack a real potent CD so they will always be below other players on fights that matter.
    It doesn't mean they aren't good, but their lack of a CD makes progression with them more difficult.

No one but the absolute top tier of player should worry about this though.
    Play what you enjoy, and realize that an exceptional MW is still better than a mediocre druid.
    You never heard of Revival.

Also, THIS is the correct graph:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/7#metric=hps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by olzenkhaw View Post
    It is only bursty when the RM hit the ppl who really get damage

You only need 6 injured people to have ReM on them to get the full effect of uplift. Uplift is a smart heal and has a DR; the overhealing it does is less than logs make out.

As far as I know if 20 people have ReM on them, 6 are injured and 14 are on full health. Uplift will do it's full potential healing on the 6 while 'overhealing' (but nt rly) on the rest. The whole point of PoM aside from better ReM control is it reduces your uplift overhealing a lot.

Nope

Quote Originally Posted by spinandwin View Post
    You only need 6 injured people to have ReM on them to get the full effect of uplift. Uplift is a smart heal and has a DR; the overhealing it does is less than logs make out.

As far as I know if 20 people have ReM on them, 6 are injured and 14 are on full health. Uplift will do it's full potential healing on the 6 while 'overhealing' (but nt rly) on the rest. The whole point of PoM aside from better ReM control is it reduces your uplift overhealing a lot.
    I am sorry, but you are incorrect. Uplift is NOT a smart heal, it is a direct heal applied to those with a Renewing Mist active. Renewing Mist is a smart heal in that Monks are only able to choose one player to apply it to and it travels to up to 2 other players. When Uplift is cast, it will heal 6 players with Renewing Mist for maximum strength. If more than 6 players are Uplifted the same maximum amount healed is merely doled out over the total number (6x heal strength divided by ~20 players). Any of those players healed by others before this entire sequence is completed (ReM cast - hop#1 - hop#2) (ReM cast - hop#3 - hop#4) (Uplift) (Uplift) goes straight into the over-heal column. In fact, we can only choose 1/3 of our ReM targets at best (meaning if one of those 3 casts aren't over-writing a "smart" hop).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    TBF I think most of the drop off is mistweavers just yolo fistweaving for dps ranks.
    This is a valid point lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

Deleted
    Mistweaver monks are really useful and are not really bad on any fight right now, there's just a lack of mistweaver players.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    They just lack a real potent CD so they will always be below other players on fights that matter.
    It doesn't mean they aren't good, but their lack of a CD makes progression with them more difficult.

No one but the absolute top tier of player should worry about this though.
    Play what you enjoy, and realize that an exceptional MW is still better than a mediocre druid.
    Revival is pretty strong, but I don't know how it compares with tranquility or divine hymn or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by olzenkhaw View Post
    MW will be good only when there are enough damage to heal or it is hard to compete with other healers as they can heal faster than us and cause us nothing to heal.
    Why is this an issue at all. This is an issue for other healers like resto druids and holy priests, but not mistweaver monks. We're the only healing class that's rewarded by lulz in damage, via our insane healer dps and free mana tea generation. What does a resto druid do? Spam wrath and do 5k dps? At least a mistweaver can do (in mythic gear) ~25k dps and generate 20 stacks of mana tea, so you can spam rjw wildly during heavy damage periods.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostship View Post
    I am sorry, but you are incorrect. Uplift is NOT a smart heal, it is a direct heal applied to those with a Renewing Mist active. Renewing Mist is a smart heal in that Monks are only able to choose one player to apply it to and it travels to up to 2 other players. When Uplift is cast, it will heal 6 players with Renewing Mist for maximum strength. If more than 6 players are Uplifted the same maximum amount healed is merely doled out over the total number (6x heal strength divided by ~20 players). Any of those players healed by others before this entire sequence is completed (ReM cast - hop#1 - hop#2) (ReM cast - hop#3 - hop#4) (Uplift) (Uplift) goes straight into the over-heal column. In fact, we can only choose 1/3 of our ReM targets at best (meaning if one of those 3 casts aren't over-writing a "smart" hop).

So the DR doesn't ignore people on full health?

Deleted
    They can't control their healing and awful cd's. Output is fine though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    Who can controll their AOE healing?

Deleted
    Who can controll their AOE healing?

I think most healers have some degree of control. Druids and priests come to mind. Obviously Circle of healing / Wild growth are random but there's a good degree of control in their other spells. I don't know shamman can't comment

The healers seem really balanced to me. I don't see anyone lagging behind. Don't even bother looking at heroic, there is not enough damage to break Priest/Pally absorbs which skews things pretty ridiculously.
    Hi Sephurik

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    MW has become the worst healer in the Heroic BRF according to WCL stats. Of course, MW doomed in PVP too because of the MT nerf.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...s&difficulty=4
    lol

MW is essentially tied with Holy Priest, and only 1% less than Resto Shaman. Overall, at that 95% level, MW is than 3% below the average, and only 2% from the median. The total difference from top to bottom is less than 5k HPS. As a Frost Mage primary DPS, I would absolutely kill to be in the same ballpark. You literally have zero reason to complain.

Frost Death Knight and Frost Mage are both more than 18% below the average for those same conditions, and nearly 20% below the median. The total difference from top to bottom is almost 13k DPS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    The healers seem really balanced to me. I don't see anyone lagging behind. Don't even bother looking at heroic, there is not enough damage to break Priest/Pally absorbs which skews things pretty ridiculously.
    I'd say that Resto druids are slightly behind due to the fact that they have no burst healing at all.

All healers can do the same amount of HPS is the correct Circumstances however how the current game is resto druids needs to much time to accually do that amount of healing compared to other classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    ? You are aware mistweavers can talent into opinions to control their healing. So you're going to have to go into detail what we can not control.

Also are you talking about TFT or revival in terms of cds? I would hope you're talking about TFT and not revival.
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2015-03-31 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    Revival is pretty strong, but I don't know how it compares with tranquility or divine hymn or whatever.
    https://healiocentric.wordpress.com/...down-overview/

Dayani keeps a good tab on raid cooldowns. Revival is less than tranq in total healing and beats anything else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    ? You are aware mistweavers can talent into opinions to control their healing. So you're going to have to go into detail what we can not control.

Also are you talking about TFT or revival in terms of cds? I would hope you're talking about TFT and not revival.
    I prefer healing tide and tranq over revival any day. Revival is not reliable as a raid cd.