10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Pot meet Kettle. Maybe you should ignore them. Honestly, you've had plenty of times where you simply put your fingers in your ears and would not listen to anyone else.

Also ELO isn't the end all, be all. You don't need to be plat, or even challenger to have a good knowledge and game sense. Does it make people more incline to listen to you? Sure, but ultimately asking "oh so what's your elo?" to try and tear down someone's argument is imo arrogant. Monte Cristo is, if I remember correctly, in gold.

Honestly, everytime you asked someone's elo it felt like you were just winding up to say "well, you're in <lower elo> thus your words are invalid." which is wrong. Elo should be but a fraction of why you would take someone's words into consideration when discussing league.
    Also, soloq ELO is irrelevant when you talk about skill in a team based game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Priestlie View Post
    I don't give a fuck about who thinks what and who thinks is the king. So I'll start something else.

How about that new Ashe though? I honestly like what they did with her. The new Q looks great. Can't wait to get my hands on her. Also, will she be viable with the changes? She is still immobile as fuck but a good peeling support like Janna might give her that extra boost? Who knows?

Will the Ashe/Zyra have a come back? All these questions?! Anyway, great job Rriot.
    I wonder how her Q will work with, say, Pix or Namis' buff. And what's the cooldown, because from description you can use Volley to quickly stack Focus, which may be too strong in teamfights if the active part doesn't have a cooldown. If it has 10-15 cooldown and focus is "kept" when out of combat, then i don't see a point in having focus at all.
    Also, she, as an ADC of her caliber, shouldn't be mobile, so it's not a stat that you should think about. When you have mobile ADC you have things like post-E-buff pre-E-nerf Lucian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    I'm not counting mobillity as a stat? But it's definitely a consideration wether she is viable or not. You're right though. If Ashe had a dash she would be seriously OP. But that doesn't change the fact that she is easily caught by tanks like Sion or Moakai or popped by assasins, even with the changes to her kit. But so does Kog'maw and to a lesser extent Jinx too and I've seen both do extremely well in SoloQ.

And fyi. I main support so I'm already thinking which support I could play with new Ashe. I'm just thinking aloud.

Deleted
    Yeah, Ashe rework looks promising, it will improve her gameplay a lot for me I think.

Talking about changes; how about the new Black Cleaver? I think it's a good chang for the item, maybe even a good 1st pick on certain champs or even adc's?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that you should count "mobility" for a character whose weakness is mobility. It's like counting Udyrs' ranged damage.
    That's called "obvious weakness" and at least one should be on any character. Even when you speak about hard-lockdown-initiators like Mao or Sion, remember that they need to get in range (and not miss with an ult in Sions' case) to lock her down, with permaslow it's easy to kite and with a huge-range slowing projectile (volley) it's easy to disengage from initiators.

I do not imply that mobility is kept off chart for ADC characters for their "budget", it's just certain ADCs (Twitch, Ashe, Kog, etc) that are not supposed to be mobile (being piled on is their weakness) and because of that they have should have more raw "power" compared to, say, Lucian, Graves (arguably, because his only real "escape" is also part of his kit to, actually, do damage), Kalista or Ez. But currently we have highly mobile characters who outdamage non-mobile characters, which shouldn't be like that.

IMO, mobile ADC should be either "pokey" or "stabby", they shouldn't do huge amount of damage in short amount of time while "being mobile", they either should be disengaging from attackers while dealing unceasing, weak fire (see: Kalista, but her problem is that after doing unceasing fire she can burst you for half of your health), or using one-time-get-out-of-jail card (Cait, Ez) and put themselves in "advantageous" position, where they can keep doing damage but to limited amount of targets (aka being out of range of important targets and being stuck with only Nasus and Garen to hit).

Basically, pros of being "constantly running and attacking" mobile ADC: very hard to catch up with, does damage constantly, can effectively chase down targets.
    cons: very low/non-existent/limited burst damage, very weak to any kind of CC (slows, stuns, snares, etc)
    And pros of "one-time-get-out-of-jail" mobile ADC: hard to deadlock, great synergy with allied CC, easy to get in position, burst damage (sort of Tristana and Graves, you either use your gap closer to escape, or to "all-in" target)
    cons: risky plays can often backfire, weak to hard CC, relies on escape ability and assistance from allies to survive.
    Pros of "non-mobile" ADC: does high DPS, some sort of "hard to land" CC, long ranged.
    cons: immobile, relies on allies to support him heavily, can't reliably change position in teamfight, very easy to deadlock.

The perfect description of immobile ADC IMO is old name of Twitchs' ult, "spray and pray". If someone scary gets close and personal with you, you close your eyes, shoot everywhere and hope that you won't die and your attacks hit something.
    Again, it's just my opinion on how these things should be, off course it's flawed and biased, i want to hear what you guys think about how ADC characters should be operating and where their place should be. Maybe they should be little less reliable on gold gain? Or maybe they should have more options for their builds? Maybe they should trade some damage from their "ADC budget" to utility (good examples here would be Ashes' Owl and Kalistas' Wraith).
    I remember having interesting discussion about ADC a while ago, and would love to revive it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fearchanges View Post
    Yeah, Ashe rework looks promising, it will improve her gameplay a lot for me I think.

Talking about changes; how about the new Black Cleaver? I think it's a good chang for the item, maybe even a good 1st pick on certain champs or even adc's?
    I love change to BC, it opens up at least some build variety for ADC, and gives an option to build some CDR for AD oriented top laners (afaik, if you want to build Rene around CDR (as you should IMO), you have to go for tanky items). I would like to see some "raw" stats of items to be cut off in favor of more "green text" on them. For example, expensive AD items should be put to the same level where IE currently sits, because now it's either IE gives too much of a power spike to ADC, or other options (BT, ER, The Maw, etc) are too weak compared to it.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

So I've recently just got into LoL and I'm actually really enjoying it. I've always played "support" in other games, and I've loved playing as Sona & Soraka, both good support champions with heals.

Is there any other support champions people would recommend, for someone who is still fresh to the game? I don't mind something a little challenging to learn, but there is just so much information online that contradicts each other it's hard to gauge what is even worth considering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lulu. Very strong and satisfying hero to play. Several means to "save" your ally, several means to "support" your ally and several means to "fuck up" enemies. Challenge in playing her is that you can't use everything at the same time, abilities work differently when you use them on allies/enemies (polymorph enemy or grant ally movement speed and extended firepower for example). But, as any "jack of all trades" (she is not really one because she provides little to no sustain), she can't be "the best" in what she does.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Lulu. Very strong and satisfying hero to play. Several means to "save" your ally, several means to "support" your ally and several means to "fuck up" enemies. Challenge in playing her is that you can't use everything at the same time, abilities work differently when you use them on allies/enemies (polymorph enemy or grant ally movement speed and extended firepower for example). But, as any "jack of all trades" (she is not really one because she provides little to no sustain), she can't be "the best" in what she does.
    Thanks, I'll give that a try after this match.

Deleted
    League is fun!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Thanks, I'll give that a try after this match.
    I've found Lulu support to be 'meh' this season and Lulu is probably one of my best if not the best support champions I can play. She is tons of fun though. And I agree what Charge me Doctor said about her.

That being said. For somebody new I'd suggest Morgana. Her Dark Binding (Q) can be game changing if you catch a squishy. It is also her only skillshot so there is that. I prefer it to be maxed first. Her W is something to get them free gold procs from. And should be maxed last. And then there is Black Shield (E) one of the reasons Morgana is so good as a support. It fuctions as a shield but it only blocks magic dmg. So trying to use it against the dmg from the opossing ADC won't work. The main thing with her E abillity is that it makes the person who has the shield immune to all forms of CC. That is of course until the shield breaks or expires I prefer this to be maxed second. Morgana's ultimate is a simple click abillity. It slows and after a short cast period it stuns the targeted champions (It can affect 5 champions as long as they are in range). There is only one trick, make sure you stay in range of your target as they can run out of your ultimate's range and cancel the slow effect and avoid the stun entirely. For example flashing into your opponent and then using your Ultimate is a good way to make sure that they will endure the full effect of your ultimate.

Also, try Janna and Thresh. These two will always be good in every single meta, especially thresh.
    Last edited by mmoca91367db85; 2015-04-29 at 09:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember the very first time when i've picked up Morgana, it was 3rd hero that i've tried (first one was Garen, 2nd Heimer and 3rd Morgana) and i was disappointed. As former dota player it was very hard to reliably land skillshot (because of 0 turn time it is much harder to predict where enemy can go), W itself did not enough damage (and was little confusing, it shreds enemy MR but can reliably do so only AFTER you used your R and then Q) to feel powerful. Q>W combo did impressive amount of damage, but wasn't reliable for a beginner. Her being squishy AP character and long CDs didn't help either, and i often died because enemy pop up my E and CC after that.

But now, she feels as great support character, W helps you to push and zone enemies, Q (with decent communication) can let you do devastating damage, E is just too good in some matchups and tanky-support items solve her squishiness issue, especially when you are ahead.
    Tho, when you are behind games will be very painful, your Q>W combo do nothing, you can't survive long enough for R to proc a stun and you can't even land decent R because you get blown up as soon as you get in range.

Also i don't recommend flash>ult unless you know for sure that enemy has no means to escape (flash of their own, rocket jump, etc).

I don't think that Morgana is great support to pick up for beginner, she is one trick pony, and when your trick doesn't work it's very hard to play

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    All about that Nami life, dem adcs love those heals and peels.

Ashe rework looks pretty amazing, global hawkshot is quite crazy but cool. It's basically just a CV now with a shorter cooldown, perfect for a low mobility champ, so all good changes imo. Looking forward to it, she was in desperate need of a rework.

Welcome to LoL Hyve! Enjoy your stay and ignore the in game chat, you'll be just fine

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    *snip*
    She is easier to pick up then Lulu that's for sure. I'm not saying you should flash to initiate the ult. But unless I'm horribly mistaken flash range isn't big enough to get out of morg ulti range. Or is it? I honestly can't recall. And to be fair you should just try out different champions. We can just recommend stuff. It's up to you to find your most liked champions.

Edit; I looked it up

Flash range: 425
    Morgana ult tether is: 1050

So yeah, unless they have some other jump besides flash. And that jump has to be used with flash to get out then yes they will get out. But otherwise on a point blank ultimate? Nope.
    Last edited by mmoca91367db85; 2015-04-29 at 09:54 AM.

Try Morgana as support as well. An offensive support that can make a huge and clear impact on fights. In stead of a fairly passive lane with soraka (sona a little less) you are trying to make something happen. Plus her shield is really good against a lot of annoying supports like Blitz, Thresh, Leona.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, try Janna and Thresh. These two will always be good in every single meta, especially thresh.
    I wouldn't suggest Janna. She is very strong but not easy to master plus I think she requires good coordination with your ADC. So perhaps if you always duo with a friend, he ADC and you supp.

- - - Updated - - -

Flash range: 425
    Morgana ult tether is: 1050
    Diameter of 1050 or the range (from the center to the edge, what is the right word)?

Deleted
    I agree that Janna seems easy to play at first glance. But there is definitely more to her. She is one of those champions which you can ''help out'' really easily. Much like Jarvan IV.

I've played Janna with random ADC's with great succes. Honestly, in my opinion Janna is one of the few support champions you can carry games with.

And hyve dind't mind some more challeging champs. Janna is one off those.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    Diameter of 1050 or the range (from the center to the edge, what is the right word)?
    lol, you're right. Still that makes the range 525. Which is still 100 more range then a flash (which is 425). My point still stands.
    Last edited by mmoca91367db85; 2015-04-29 at 10:08 AM.

Nauti support! Dredge line hook, passive stun, AoE slow, ult knockup. I used to run this with Cait for some extra stun/slow fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru Laghima View Post
    -snip-
    All I am saying, is that you have a habit of mentioning in like 8/10 posts that you are Diamond, and that everyone below you are shit.
    I am Gold, played like 15 games this season because the toxic level in LoL is way too high, and I really couldn't be arsed to even try to climb, because fuck it. I play ARAM and 5s with friends when there is people online, if not I don't give a shit.
    Hots is just so much better, more maps, more to do, more in everything.

So take your Diamond rank, put it on a table and look at it, because no one else in this thread gives a fuck if you are Bronze or fucking Challenger.

Though, by all means, do keep posting, but there is NO REASON to start every new post you do here with "I am Diamond, look at me, I am shiny".
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Anyhow. My league is broken. I tried all their suggestions. I am stuck on " logging in" which is the third step of accepting credentials. I've also tried shutting down my firewall and re adding exceptions etc.
    Nothing.Works.

Thought I'd play a game after not playing for a few months, but nay.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    Anyhow. My league is broken. I tried all their suggestions. I am stuck on " logging in" which is the third step of accepting credentials. I've also tried shutting down my firewall and re adding exceptions etc.
    Nothing.Works.

You reinstalled it aswell? Sounds odd that it wont work : /
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    You reinstalled it aswell? Sounds odd that it wont work : /
    Reinstall as well, repair yup.

When I run the install/repair, the first part of the patch takes... Y'know, half an hour. After this, the part 2 bit is pretty much instant. I find this very fishy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    All I am saying, is that you have a habit of mentioning in like 8/10 posts that you are Diamond, and that everyone below you are shit.
    I am Gold, played like 15 games this season because the toxic level in LoL is way too high, and I really couldn't be arsed to even try to climb, because fuck it. I play ARAM and 5s with friends when there is people online, if not I don't give a shit.
    Hots is just so much better, more maps, more to do, more in everything.

So take your Diamond rank, put it on a table and look at it, because no one else in this thread gives a fuck if you are Bronze or fucking Challenger.

Though, by all means, do keep posting, but there is NO REASON to start every new post you do here with "I am Diamond, look at me, I am shiny".
    That's why i play team ranked exclusively. Ranked soloq is cancer of LoL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    Nothing.Works.

It's mist likely network related issue or patch related issue, how long since you started seeing this? If the answer is "after this patch", then report a bug to rito and wait for hotfix, this crap happens. Most likely you will be able to log in tomorrow