Poll: The best dad?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Well, this thread is really saturated of crude jokes. But I'm dissapointed about one:

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Vol'jin, the spiritual father of the Horde family, of course!
    This lacks some bite. I'm habit with far more than this. Aren't you giving up a bit 'Berry are you?

Still, I have to admit is compensated by this:

No colder than Dezco's kid.
    This is definetely cruel, with that bit of bad taste.

OT: I say we should nominate AU Grommash and MU Garrosh best pseudo-fake-father/son couple of the year. Best thing occured in WoD so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Well, this thread is really saturated of crude jokes. But I'm dissapointed about one:

This lacks some bite. I'm habit with far more than this. Aren't you giving up a bit 'Berry are you?

Still, I have to admit is compensated by this:

This is definetely cruel, with that bit of bad taste.

OT: I say we should nominate AU Grommash and MU Garrosh best pseudo-fake-father/son couple of the year. Best thing occured in WoD so far.
    But we never see them interact.

I don't know who is the best but Magni is definetly the worst. He pretty much wanted Moira to be a boy, and was actually disappointed with her only because she was a girl, and he didn't want woman to rule over Ironforge, so she fucked off with Thaurissan... that's some proper bad parenthood.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going with Saurfang.
    After all he went through, and still finding the loyalty and love for his fallen son.. That was remarkable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    the list is incorrect and very bad. it doesn't feature prominent dads.
    That's why the poll creator gave you an option called "others"..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Grom he played hide and seek with garrosh every day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Arcane dust at 10g/per = Auction House dad
    I'm sure vereesa enjoyed that mana rod a bit too much.

10+ Year Old Account

Sometimes it's about quantity, not quality. Don't worry though, I'm not giving up. As far as tasteless jokes go, I hope the Dezco's dead son one was to your liking.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I don't know who is the best but Magni is definetly the worst. He pretty much wanted Moira to be a boy, and was actually disappointed with her only because she was a girl, and he didn't want woman to rule over Ironforge, so she fucked off with Thaurissan... that's some proper bad parenthood.
    Well... 'Magni Bronzebeard has done what most fathers can only dream of: killed his daughter's boyfriend and buried him in the deepest hole in the world.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Sometimes it's about quantity, not quality. Don't worry though, I'm not giving up. As far as tasteless jokes go, I hope the Dezco's dead son one was to your liking.
    Yo, im the one who came up with dezco. Don't steal my glory. That's just cold.

Also zul, your sense of humor is as rigid as dezco's wife. Relax it's cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Well, that was a powerful input, but 'Berry developed it in something gruesome and of bad-taste yet absolutely glorious. I say it won the thread.

Also zul, your sense of humor is as rigid as dezco's wife. Relax it's cool.
    Nice try man, but nothing can beat the cold, dead body of a little and innocent baby crushed by his own father's weight.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Professor Putricide. His creations keep calling him ''daddy'', so I guess he counts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huoyue View Post
    But we never see them interact.
    That's the true poetry. Think about all the possibilities vanished because of unlucky circumstances. Garrosh doing everything for redeem his father's name, Grom being all sentimental when he knew Garrosh was his son, but he never acknowledged him as such when he was still alive, and Garrosh couldn't call Grom "dad" a single, damn time.

The feels, the tragedy, the drama. There's no way to handle this without having an emotional breakdown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Well darn, I wasted my only response to "It's cold."

I wasn't stealing your thunder, just expanding!

That's the true poetry. Think about all the possibilities vanished because of unlucky circumstances. Garrosh doing everything for redeem his father's name, Grom being all sentimental when he knew Garrosh was his son, but he never acknowledged him as such when he was still alive, and Garrosh couldn't call Grom "dad" a single, damn time.

The feels, the tragedy, the drama. There's no way to handle this without having an emotional breakdown.
    Yea, plus seeing Garrosh throw Grom out of Mannoroth's death explosion and then giving his father Gorehowl.
    Priceless.

Especially since the scene is shot exactly like Grom's death in WC3. But Garrosh is there this time.
    They're together but they're not. It's really good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Well... 'Magni Bronzebeard has done what most fathers can only dream of: killed his daughter's boyfriend and buried him in the deepest hole in the world.'
    You deserve a medal for that one.

I align my self with Terenas... Come on, which other dad you know who did so few mistakes? Such perfect the fruit of his love.
    In the world of seriousness, IMO cairne is the best. Maybe saurfang too.

10+ Year Old Account
    My vote is to..

Windle Sparkshine.

He obviously felt such a great sense of pride in his daughter going to theramore to work alongside the then still sane Jaina. And when he got word of his daughters death at garroshs hands, he lit candles that magically made the image of kinndy show in the flame as his final goodbye to her.

This was a subtle story not many know, but a touching one.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    My vote is to..

Windle Sparkshine.

He obviously felt such a great sense of pride in his daughter going to theramore to work alongside the then still sane Jaina. And when he got word of his daughters death at garroshs hands, he lit candles that magically made the image of kinndy show in the flame as his final goodbye to her.

This was a subtle story not many know, but a touching one.
    I was about to hit Chen's button because he's a pretty awesome father figure, but Windle snags it now that you mentioned him. Thank you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Jaruk Bloodfyre, read his story, you will agree.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Varian, he lets his son be as fabulous as the boy's young heart desires.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Cairne Bloodhoof. Did loose Baine to the Centaurs once, but not much he could do about that. Will do anything to protect him, great father imo, always by his side. And not just a great father, a wise one aswell.
    Last edited by Tyze; 2015-04-29 at 04:33 PM.