Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You complaint to do a job like going to kill the moobs on phase 2? try to be a Hunter you will get all the shitty jobs in raids
    hehehe don't worry it's not the dps that matters as long you do well the job assigned to you

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    You complaint to do a job like going to kill the moobs on phase 2? try to be a Hunter you will get all the shitty jobs in raids
    hehehe don't worry it's not the dps that matters as long you do well the job assigned to you
    A hunter saying roll hunter cause their lives suck cause of extra jobs that their tool kit makes non existent and they can still top meters....

Yeah go home.

Deleted
    I feel like this thread is slowly wandering from it's original subject, i'll repeat my so far unaswered question; how is arms looking in HFR, or are most fights fury favored?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebo View Post
    I feel like this thread is slowly wandering from it's original subject, i'll repeat my so far unaswered question; how is arms looking in HFR, or are most fights fury favored?
    I can't say for sure about arms favoured fights per se, but from the top of my head, fights that could benefit from sweeping strikes/rend/executes are Hellfire High Council(3 large targets and occasionally several smaller ones), Xul'Horac(2 large targets and multiple smaller ones), Tyrant Velhari(2 large targets), Kilrogg(multiple medium adds next to boss = execute sweeps), Hellfire Assault(a lot of small shit). I imagine Gorefiend mythic would be decent for arms if you don't have enough boomkins/shadow priests/hunters to kill all the adds around the room, but then again fury would be superior for the 100% dmg taken burn phases and killing the adds inside.

Deleted
    If the Council is based on 3 large mobs, isn't fury gonna pull ahead ?

We already see Fury being on par with Arms for the first 80% of Maidens, so scaling will only make Fury better.

To me it has felt as if the mobs/bosses just die way too fast for you to benefit alot from arms execute, on the council fight or tyrant for instance, making fury the same if not better on those fights anyway.
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemenia View Post
    If the Council is based on 3 large mobs, isn't fury gonna pull ahead ?

We already see Fury being on par with Arms for the first 80% of Maidens, so scaling will only make Fury better.
    The council fight is effectively only up to 2 mobs, the third one (Dia Darkwhisper) has to be kept 25 yards away from the other 2 or else she makes them immune to all damage.

You guys, this thread is entirely too optimistic. Please stop.

Someone start a petition website or something.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus-WOW View Post
    You guys, this thread is entirely too optimistic. Please stop.

Someone start a petition website or something.
    Like it would change anything...

Deleted
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/itemset=1258/...nts:id=2182112

I have a question. Do you see only versa on all gear pieces or i need to visit a doctor to check my eyes and get new glasses.

To be serious i hope its only on ptr because they are lazy and didnt put normal stats on items. if they put this type of stats on t18 when 6.2 goes live i will necer change my t18 mythic pieces to that crap

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmlskilles View Post

I have a question. Do you see only versa on all gear pieces or i need to visit a doctor to check my eyes and get new glasses.

To be serious i hope its only on ptr because they are lazy and didnt put normal stats on items. if they put this type of stats on t18 when 6.2 goes live i will necer change my t18 mythic pieces to that crap
    Obviously, it's PTR gear

Quote Originally Posted by mmlskilles View Post

Back to good ol' blade on helm and shoulders!:P

Looks like we'll be running "head" first into the new content

Deleted
    I feel like you are forgetting that any fight where Arms would be preferable over fury in HFC you will want to go Glad anyway ...

Quote Originally Posted by tefloner View Post
    I feel like you are forgetting that any fight where Arms would be preferable over fury in HFC you will want to go Glad anyway ...
    mm yeah this is concerning, I really don't think gladiator is working out the way they'd hoped. I for one don't really intend to have both a BA set and a Fury set, atm I just use the same set for arms/fury changing weps. It lacks burst and requires a really high apm but it's a nice spec with low rng which is nice but I can see it being brought back down under arms or hopefully arms being brought up in damage, I really don't see gladiator as a successful experiment, it would have given them nice information though.

I can see gladiator being gone next expansion and I wouldn't really mind too much so long as further refine goes into prot, arms and fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    mm yeah this is concerning, I really don't think gladiator is working out the way they'd hoped. I for one don't really intend to have both a BA set and a Fury set, atm I just use the same set for arms/fury changing weps. It lacks burst and requires a really high apm but it's a nice spec with low rng which is nice but I can see it being brought back down under arms or hopefully arms being brought up in damage, I really don't see gladiator as a successful experiment, it would have given them nice information though.

I can see gladiator being gone next expansion and I wouldn't really mind too much so long as further refine goes into prot, arms and fury.
    Since gladiator is getting a buff in 6.2, I don't think blizzard is going to get rid of it any time soon. It was an experiment yes, but it is still ongoing. It isn't going anywhere any time soon

Retri is also as bad as rufy rng wise. Procs for devine storm, final verdict, hammer of wrath with T17.
    That was the reason I switched to warry, only to end up in nearly the same "spot".
    At the pull, I have more procs than I could work with, too much rage, than I could spend. After that, when BT won't crit 3,4,5 times in a row, I think to my self: switch to shadow, or any other class.

Quote Originally Posted by Faildevil View Post
    Retri is also as bad as rufy rng wise. Procs for devine storm, final verdict, hammer of wrath with T17.
    That was the reason I switched to warry, only to end up in nearly the same "spot".
    At the pull, I have more procs than I could work with, too much rage, than I could spend. After that, when BT won't crit 3,4,5 times in a row, I think to my self: switch to shadow, or any other class.
    I would have to disagree, Ret's system at least lets you advance in rotation even if you don't proc where as Fury's problem lies in Bloodthirst, where no crit means no raging blow, less rage and no enrage effectively halting your rotation until it comes off cd and you try again. But yeah it seems with the dumbed down rotation for most classes blizzard decided procs was the way to go to spice things up, while it does help keep things interesting the difference in damage rng can make atm is out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Faildevil View Post
    Not by far.

While Ret Paladins have a high amount of RNG, even more procs than Fury does, it's RNG isn't detrimental, it's actually pretty perfect.

First there is the matter of resource generation; for Ret it's completely controlled, while for Fury you are generating automatically through auto attacks. This gives the Fury Warrior less control and they have to manage their rage or they will cap over time, whereas the Ret Paladin will never cap if they don't use any of their generators. This comes into play with the second point, and that is the procs themselves.

Ret has a lot of procs and they can become overwhelming, there is no argument there, but they don't ever limit your gameplay because they don't negatively impact the rotation. No matter how many procs you get, there is no downside. If TV or DS keep proccing, you are just rolling in the free damage while your generators happily come off cooldown and pile up, waiting for you to use them. You could argue that you aren't able to use your generators, due to spamming your procs... but you frankly don't even need to, and even if you wanted to, your procs will sit there waiting for you to use them, with no real loss. Conversely, if Execute keeps on proccing, our Enrage starts running out, our Raging Blow charges wear off, our Rage starts stacking up, which is a problem because we probably want to spend another GCD to get Enrage up again before we spend it. If Bloodsurge keeps proccing, we have to spend extra GCDs on non-proc Wild Strikes when we should be using Raging Blow, ultimately causing us to either waste Rage, Raging Blow charges, or push back Bloodthirst (which ultimately wastes Raging Blow charges).

The complaint I've heard the most is that Ret damage is all too similar, the abilities all do around the same amount of damage, and I can understand that might not make it as exciting to play. However, in a proc based rotation, that is actually a very good thing. It essentially means that no matter what you are pressing, you are getting damage, and having one proc over another, or even no procs, assuming you are filling GCDs will end up with roughly the same amount of damage.

I've said many times that Ret is what Fury should have been in terms of "wild", proc based gameplay. It certainly feels furious.

I talked to Dasima from MIDWINTER and he said although the fights are unfriendly to melee, he was at the top of the meters on most of the fights.

Quote Originally Posted by gavril123 View Post
    I talked to Dasima from MIDWINTER and he said although the fights are unfriendly to melee, he was at the top of the meters on most of the fights.
    I wouldn't say they are all unfriendly, there are a few. Warriors still shine where we always have though, AoE, and there is a lot of it in HFC. On top of that, we are coming in pretty strong on the single target once we get to end tier gear (high level trinket mostly).