View Poll Results: [Economics] How much do you spend on Home Entertainment a Month?

Voters
75. This poll is closed
  • Under 100$ a Month

41 54.67%
  • Under 150$ a Month

5 6.67%
  • Under 200$ a Month

12 16.00%
  • 0 or next to nothing on Home Entertainament

17 22.67%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    You can actually avoid that creep with Comcast. Every time your price gets closer to the end of the "Promotion Period" just call the Cable Service Support Desk and tell them you want to cancel due to cost increase. They'll extend your prices for another year or two. I've been doing it for the last 4 years and my price hasn't yet risen above the $135 I mentioned earlier.
    That include like USA, SyFy, Nat Geo,Disovery and NHL Channel?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    May I ask why are you guys paying hundreds of dollars for cable?!
    St Paul, Minnesota
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

$90 for DirecTV
    $50 for internet/phone
    $20 for Netflix
    $100 for alcohol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    That include like USA, SyFy, Nat Geo,Disovery and NHL Channel?
    Yeah the extended basic service plus Sports Package bundled with BLAST Internet.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

150 for cable/internet, probably another 10-20 on game microtransactions a month, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    Yeah the extended basic service plus Sports Package bundled with BLAST Internet.
    Is that 135$ tax included, if FML! That include HD or any premium channels?

15+ Year Old Account
    St Paul, Minnesota
    That was an answer to more like "where?", I would like to know WHY. What makes you value some shitty tv channels that much? How much are you spending on your rent (if you live in a rented apartment) monthly?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    27€ for Internet, no tv/game subscriptions. 0-60€ per month for games, kindle books or microtransactions.

10+ Year Old Account
    If only TV/cable... About 200... I spend a lot more if you include gaming and other recreational activity...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

$50 for the internet and I pirate everything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that 135$ tax included, if FML! That include HD or any premium channels?
    That's with 2 HD Boxes - One with DVR Capabilities. No Premium Channels however and yes that's with Tax Included.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    That was an answer to more like "where?", I would like to know WHY. What makes you value some shitty tv channels that much? How much are you spending on your rent (if you live in a rented apartment) monthly?
    Just been so used to it, it's taking some getting used to that I really don't watch that much TV at all, but I like being able to access that handful of shows when they come on, not sure about all the alternatives. I don't rent, I own, but over all I used to have about 600$ after bills, and savings, now it's like 200$, gotta either find the bleeding, or start switching up. Which is why I started a poll, because if in a week, people are like paying less than 100 or 150$ fuck that, I time to stop messing around and cut some stuff.

After Taxes 3,120 after taxes minus Utilities -450, -Insurance -400 - 120 Gas, - 300 Food -750 savings, about another 300 for House Cleaning and handing out with friends every other week.

I am sure I am forgetting something.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2015-05-21 at 08:59 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you saying you used 600 dollars on TV and shit monthly?!
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

10+ Year Old Account
    No option for over $200? If you consider everything above bare necessity "home entertainment" then over $400. Cable TV/Phone/Internet bundle + international channels & all premium channels, Direct TV + sports packages, WOW, Netflix. I'm sure there is other stuff I am forgetting too.
    Love people, not things; use things, not people.
    ― Spencer W. Kimball

I spend $50 for the internet and $15 to play WoW. I don't have a television or cable or netflix or anything like that. I buy a video game every now and then, maybe 3 a year so that adds up I guess. But c'mon, Smash Bros and GTAV are worth it!

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm shocked with you muricans. O_O

I am totally astounded at the ginormous expenses for entertainment in the US. I never thought one could still spend so much money on that when theres everywhere easy access to internet and when there are multiple providers for the exact same thing.

Id also really like to know why or because of what you spend so much money on that!
    In Germany I pay 25€ for 25k internet and HD TV and I couldnt think of some other service that I cant get via internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you saying you used 600 dollars on TV and shit monthly?!
    No no, I used to have more at the end of the month, like 600, now its much less.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tcfoo View Post
    No option for over $200? If you consider everything above bare necessity "home entertainment" then over $400. Cable TV/Phone/Internet bundle + international channels & all premium channels, Direct TV + sports packages, WOW, Netflix. I'm sure there is other stuff I am forgetting too.
    Yeah, I don't ever want to spend over 200$ not unless that is simply the cost, but I don't know compared to 10 years ago it's insane.

15+ Year Old Account
    $70/mo - internet
    $15/mo - Netflix
    $15/mo - WoW
    $10/mo - LoL
    $15/mo - HBO Now
    $15/mo - Movie Theatre

So $125.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

3-400 a month depending on what you count as entertainment.

I go to music and art shows. Buy video games and movies. The usual TV subs. I eat out all the time.

No cable. Dropped it 5 years ago and never looked back.

I rent and don't have a car. I just walk everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandoran View Post
    I am totally astounded at the ginormous expenses for entertainment in the US. I never thought one could still spend so much money on that when theres everywhere easy access to internet and when there are multiple providers for the exact same thing.
    I have a choice of ONE provider for high-speed internet access where I live. One cable company, no FiOS available, etc...Asinine and annoying if you asked me for living dead in the center of the most populated state in the union (NJ).
    Love people, not things; use things, not people.
    ― Spencer W. Kimball