Thread: Post Your UI

:^)

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by Xintic View Post
    I am sort of inclined to agree with magicaldandruff about the similarities between people UI's, I didn't really like using Elv before, I only started using it in MoP after I 'introduced' myself to Frantik (read spammed with questions in PM) and learned how to work the settings. I often get an urge to create my own UI using other addons but I often stop before I begin when I realise the hassle of managing them compared to using Elv where everything is in the same menu and easy to configure without diving in to the LUA-jungle. For me at least I don't imagine my UI would look any different than what it currently does regardless if I used Elv or not, I just have quite poor imagination (although I am working on the free time I have with creating something that will work long term), but I can't answer for everyone else.
    Thing is, ElvUI just happens to be a very generic UI pack that's easily customizable. Most UIs have chat in bottom left, minimap on top right, and unitframes in the middle. It's not really something that ElvUI invented or even popularized - that's how it was even before it. It just happens to offer a very easy way of achieving it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Deleted
    http://imgur.com/HLkJhSy,pX3ot2C,UWkNLEg,ONYoBlb

Few screens RealUI+KaitUI. Thx to all authors i think it looks nice

Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    Pmuch, I was making my own UI for years using tons of little addons that would break every patch and I'd have to beg them to update it, I finally gave up and just started using elvui as base and it cut out bartender, sexymap, aura frames, grid and 20 smaller mods.

This is 3 SS's of my UI 1 just b4 I moved to using Elvui, just after starting to use it, and one I took just now
    http://imgur.com/a/TvXW2

I think a lot of people like using Elvui as a base for the clean lines on the chat and minimap and you can leave it at that, or you can add to it.
    I use KGpanels to make my own chat frames and smaller stuff like a backdrop when I have no target.

It also works well across most classes, the 3 I play the most are shown here.

I used to be very anti-whole ui packs, but Elv really changed my mind

Whats the bar / timer between the unit frames?

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Thing is, ElvUI just happens to be a very generic UI pack that's easily customizable. Most UIs have chat in bottom left, minimap on top right, and unitframes in the middle. It's not really something that ElvUI invented or even popularized - that's how it was even before it. It just happens to offer a very easy way of achieving it.
    I don't really see how this is relevant to my post but I never mentioned Elv having revolutionized the way UIs are made, lol. My point was it doesn't matter wether people use other addons or Elv, and that I use it for the simplicity with having everything in one place.
    Probably the biggest thing that rppm trinkets include is the feelings of rage and joy of an unstable bi-polar person when your dps sways back and forth faster than a pregnant woman's emotions.

armory - retired

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kubaal View Post
    Whats the bar / timer between the unit frames?
    A action bar set to click through so I can use it to track my CDs, I made it in weakauras a while ago but having to have like 4 auras per spell was a pain ( on cd, off cd, out of range, out of power) so I just switched over to using a bar.
    In between the buttons is halopro in weakaura mod to track my range to target
    Sig by Safhira

15+ Year Old Account
    Many WA. As always it's still in progress, but it feels pretty stable now aside from a few glitches.

Using computers to make demons kill dragons: Warlock beta spell WeakAuras here, @OOMM_UI, OOMM@kt-us

i don't know how to embed youtube video. if someone can tell me how, i'll upload a weakauras demonstration to go along with the screenshot.

*edit* someone helped, thanks

Last edited by Eranthe; 2015-05-29 at 01:56 PM.

Liking the changes you've made to your UI Snichy. It's come a noticeable way from your original setup. I definitely like this one a lot more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mareeta View Post
    Your job is to maximize your output while traversing the mechanics and staying alive, regardless of role.

Quote Originally Posted by Xintic View Post
    I don't really see how this is relevant to my post but I never mentioned Elv having revolutionized the way UIs are made, lol. My point was it doesn't matter wether people use other addons or Elv, and that I use it for the simplicity with having everything in one place.
    Sorry, that was just me being bad. I meant to reply to

Quote Originally Posted by dementedlogic View Post
    That being said almost all the UIs here in general are really, really boring regardless of whether they use a variety of addons or ElvUI. Aside from Birg and Kait no one is really doing graphic UIs which are pretty much the most fun to look at (and most diverse).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Eranthe View Post
    i don't know how to embed youtube video. if someone can tell me how, i'll upload a weakauras demonstration to go along with the screenshot.
    You just need to click the "Insert Video" button and paste the youtube link into the box that appears and you are good to go. I would be very interested to see your UI in action

Quote Originally Posted by Snichy View Post
    You just need to click the "Insert Video" button and paste the youtube link into the box that appears and you are good to go. I would be very interested to see your UI in action
    so strange that it worked. i could swear it did it last time and it just gave me a text hyperlink. regardless, i'll edit my original post and leave the video here too. thanks for the help.

Well, I have been working a bit with my UI. I think that for leveling is more than enough

Unfortunately, I cant post videos or links yet so:

Link to youtube: youtu.be/hQmQ8LN47D8

I'm still trying to learn to set fraps to get a not so bad quality... I will post a better quality video as soon as I can post links.
    How many posts do I have to have for that?
    Last edited by Panta; 2015-05-29 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Panta View Post
    Well, I have been working a bit with my UI. I think that for leveling is more than enough

Unfortunately, I cant post videos or links yet so:

I'm still trying to learn to set fraps to get a not so bad quality... I will post a better quality video as soon as I can post links.
    How many posts do I have to have for that?
    10 posts should do it.
    Maybe post something relevant in another thread, then come back and try to edit it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    10 posts should do it.
    Maybe post something relevant in another thread, then come back and try to edit it.
    What? Something relevant??? are you crazy????

Anyway, Im not the first one stealing post here

Last edited by Panta; 2015-05-29 at 06:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a setting in elvui I believe.

http://s304.photobucket.com/user/the...yuf5i.jpg.html
    my new screen shot of crapness
    idk... i been working on this idea but it's just not turning out as killer as i had hoped it would
    maybe i need to leave the techie stuff to someone else lol

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snichy View Post
    Here is an updated video of my UI that I have recently tweaked. However I will be replacing this for something a bit more simpler (and efficient for progression raiding) but I do like the look of this but perhaps isn't as streamlined for certain circumstances in raids.

On the recent discussion on presets vs custom UI, I MUCH prefer making my own UIs and luckily most of the addons I use are the major ones who update their UIs in beta and are ready for patch release and Ive never had any issues whatsoever with a broken UI on patch day. Personally, I would never use something like ELVUI as although I understand it is easy and for some people thats great, but for me if Im going to spend all that time designing and implementing a UI, you may as well go to the trouble of making it truly unique and I feel proud that the UIs I come up with aren't just a rehash of someone elses idea.
    Liking the changes you've made to your UI Snichy. It has come a long way from your original in your sig. Do you have any plans to update to this version?

Quote Originally Posted by Panta View Post
    What? Something relevant??? are you crazy????

Anyway, Im not the first one stealing post here

totes in luv with this!!
    i would do something diff with the chat and minimap buttons but other than that i really like it

am i the only one that uses Shadowplay to film?
    Last edited by the9thresident; 2015-05-30 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the9thresident View Post
    am i the only one that uses Shadowplay to film?
    Is this "Shadowplay" freeware? I want to change Fraps cause I have only the free version, and I can only record up to 30 secs.

I have the Razer Booster record, but it is not working with 64bits runs
    Last edited by Panta; 2015-05-30 at 01:07 PM. Reason: typo