Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Buying a tank for instant dungeon queue stealth fix.

So I leveled my new mage to 100 just recently, and decided to pay a chap 400g for an instant queue for Grimrail Depot for the Inn quest & legendary quest item.

Anyways, Blizzard have stealth fixed buying tanks for random queues. We entered the dungeon and as he left it ALSO kicked me out, too. (Without the deserter debuff).

Pretty annoying if you wanna quickly do stuff like this without waiting 20+ minutes as a DPS queue. Does anyone know how long this has been hotfixed for?

10+ Year Old Account
    pretty sure its been like that for years
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

It's been like that for over a year now.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    So I leveled my new mage to 100 just recently, and decided to pay a chap 400g for an instant queue for Grimrail Depot for the Inn quest & legendary quest item.

Anyways, Blizzard have stealth fixed buying tanks for random queues. We entered the dungeon and as he left it ALSO kicked me out, too. (Without the deserter debuff).

Pretty annoying if you wanna quickly do stuff like this without waiting 20+ minutes as a DPS queue. Does anyone know how long this has been hotfixed for?
    It was doing it in LFR since 5.0. If you kill one boss it doesn't kick you out with them.

Been like that for a while. One person is now annoyed, where as 3 other people were annoyed when people did this. Good change.

Yeah this happened not long after LFR came out to stop people paying for a tank or heal que to get in instantly, then whole group would have to wait for another tank or healer so was a good change.

Um... it wasn't a 'stealth fix'. It's been like that for at least a year, now. It was something fixed late Cataclysm, early MoP, if I recall correctly.

It's been like this for ages....

I don't understand how people are saying it's been like this for at least a year?

Literally less than a month ago I could invite a tank into my group and queue for an instant heroic dungeon. They would enter the dungeon --> trade me gold --> leave --> then we would be back into queue.

I tried it 10 minutes ago and no matter what we did, I was also booted out of the instance party when my tank left...

Deleted
    Does anyone know how long this has been hotfixed for?
    February 2011.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2089201754

If queuing as a group with a tank or healer, and the tank or healer drops group (or is kicked) soon after joining, those that queued with them will also be removed from the dungeon.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand how people are saying it's been like this for at least a year?

Literally less than a month ago I could invite a tank into my group and queue for an instant heroic dungeon. They would enter the dungeon --> trade me gold --> leave --> then we would be back into queue.

I tried it 10 minutes ago and no matter what we did, I was also booted out of the instance party when my tank left...

It was fixed when LFR first came back in Dragon Soul, but only for LFR. The dungeon fix came later, but it still works sometimes, I'm not sure what factors make it work or fail but it varies.

I get guildies to healer/tank queue me all the time (twice yesterday) and it didn't kick me when they left. It hasn't kicked me after getting fast queue since sometime in MoP. It doesn't seem to be very consistent at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    I get guildies to healer/tank queue me all the time (twice yesterday) and it didn't kick me when they left. It hasn't kicked me after getting fast queue since sometime in MoP. It doesn't seem to be very consistent at all.
    So am I going bat shit crazy or not? I swear on my life I was able to do this merely ~2 weeks ago and not get kicked when my party tank left.

10+ Year Old Account

Wasn't a stealth anything... they have openly discussed this change and made it clear that it was to discourage 'thanks for the fast queue, you can drop now' that often screws over groups.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by xero5141 View Post
    It was fixed when LFR first came back in Dragon Soul, but only for LFR. The dungeon fix came later, but it still works sometimes, I'm not sure what factors make it work or fail but it varies.
    I thought there was some sort of thing like, the more often it happens with one player, the chances of them getting kicked increases.

So am I going bat shit crazy or not? I swear on my life I was able to do this merely ~2 weeks ago and not get kicked when my party tank left.
    It has kicked me in the past, but it hasn't done it since sometime in MoP, both LFR and 5 man queues. It doesn't seem to have consistent behaviour AT ALL and I honestly have no idea how it works. It 100% does not always kick when you get a queue (nor does it even seem to do it a large amount of the time).
    I get queues from quildies and I queue guildies all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its been like this since Mists.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I'm pretty sure it keeps track of if you do it often and will kick you if you do. I could be wrong though. I've queued friends in and left without them getting kicked in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    It has kicked me in the past, but it hasn't done it since sometime in MoP, both LFR and 5 man queues. It doesn't seem to have consistent behaviour AT ALL and I honestly have no idea how it works. It 100% does not always kick when you get a queue (nor does it even seem to do it a large amount of the time).
    I get queues from quildies and I queue guildies all the time.
    There must be some weird conditions that the game processes in order to decide weather to kick you both or not? I have no idea.

I mean the change has been in the game since like 2011 but I haven't once had it happen to me in a 5-man dungeon...let alone LFR.

I'm so confused :S

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Its been like this since Mists.
    You're right but I haven't ever had it happen before since implemented, so I'm stumped. I'm pretty convinced the game keeps record or remembers what you've done previously as mentioned above. Just a stab in the dark though.

There must be some weird conditions that the game processes in order to decide weather to kick you both or not? I have no idea.

I mean the change has been in the game since like 2011 but I haven't once had it happen to me in a 5-man dungeon...let alone LFR.

I'm so confused :S

You're right but I haven't ever had it happen before since implemented, so I'm stumped. I'm pretty convinced the game keeps record or remembers what you've done previously as mentioned above. Just a stab in the dark though.
    It's possible. I do this quite often though lol