Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Some designer probably heard the term "window licker" from their kids and decided to use it, not knowing that it was a derisive term used for the mentally handicapped.
    Probably. Just like Nestle made that pedo bear mascot by accident. But the failing is that it takes 5 seconds on google to vet these ideas.

Like are these people worried about coming across as uncool for this or something?

Deleted
    It's got nothing to do with over-sensitivity, it's about common bloody sense! A company like LEGO should know better regarding worldwide PR. If it's a satirical toy aimed at adults perhaps it would be ok but it's not, it's aimed for children

15+ Year Old Account
    I hadn't heard that term until now, so it's not inconceivable whoever named it just didn't know.

Someone writing their product descriptions should have better English than me, but still.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Probably. Just like Nestle made that pedo bear mascot by accident. But the failing is that it takes 5 seconds on google to vet these ideas.

Like are these people worried about coming across as uncool for this or something?
    Comedy gold
    http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/pedobe...upon-ad-126898

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes companies fuck up, for example...

Shit happens, they changed it, no biggie.

Deleted
    ^ I don't understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    the professional victim crowd strikes again! fuck that whiny bitch i love lego
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh no what a disaster by LEGO /s

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Sometimes companies fuck up, for example...

Shit happens, they changed it, no biggie.
    Wonder what bugs me the most the picture or that I read Susan Anal Bump Party
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by freakyduck View Post
    if they hadn't included "back-of-the-bus" this wouldn't be an issue.
    Only if it was a short bus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    ^ I don't understand.
    The hashtag from Susan Boyle's marketing team is supposed to be "Susan Album Party", but #susanalbumparty can be read slightly differently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    the professional victim crowd strikes again! fuck that whiny bitch i love lego
    Hardly victim crowd... It was a stupid mistake rightly corrected. Either it was a mistake (the wording didn't help convince people) or the PR division fucked up. Pretty sure if LEGO created a brown character holding a watermelon with the description "TJ loves fried chicken and watermelon but hates ghosts" would receive similar complaints

Deleted
    ok now I get it.

15+ Year Old Account
    ok now I get it.
    YA ARE ALL DAT SLOW AND STUPAD DAVILLAGE!
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I did not know that window-licker was slag for mentally disabled. Now i have a new name to use on the internet. Thank you very much Mencap .

BTW. Wouldnt "Mencap" be a derogatory term as well?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    YA ARE ALL DAT SLOW AND STUPAD DAVILLAGE!
    Ok I will go lick some windows

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    I did not know that window-licker was slag for mentally disabled. Now i have a new name to use on the internet. Thank you very much Mencap .

BTW. Wouldnt "Mencap" be a derogatory term as well?
    Why would a charity be a derogatory term?

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok I will go lick some windows
    I cant, I'm a Linux user

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I cant, I'm a Linux user
    Then you already failed at life

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Then you already failed at life
    Yes, but I lied. I think I catched a bug and now all I can do is make bone dry jokes.

I haven't heard the term used outside the context of this Brazilian TV gem (Possibly NSFW: South American game show)

Considering that Lego is a Danish company, I wouldn't be surprised if there was just some cultural or linguistic barrier here, which is certainly excusable. I don't get the Mencap rep in the article asserting that this kind of thing advances hate crime and bullying against the mentally handicapped though...