Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    who cares if alot of girls like something? why organize it that way? makes alot more sense to organize it by what it DOES because its less complicated
    To ensure that people get their shit and get out and the most convenient way possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Maybe in the toddler section.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you should open a gender neutral store. Best of luck.
    im not trying to be gender neutral actually, im just trying to be alot less complicated and more realistic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    To ensure that people get their shit and get out and the most convenient way possible?
    its alot more convenient for me to look for something by what something IS then what other ppl think i want just because im a girl - they could be wrong when they put it in a "for girls" category but when they put it in the "pink building blocks" catagory, they will never be wrong

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    im not trying to be gender neutral actually, im just trying to be alot less complicated and more realistic

- - - Updated - - -

its alot more convenient for me to look for something by what it does then what other ppl think i want just because im a girl
    What?

A department store like Target has several goods meant for several things.

Serperating toys by function would probably be a huge clusterfuck.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    The world is not gender neutral, nor should it be. Get over it. If you are a parent, fuck the signs, let your kid's play with w/e they want. Stop trying to control other people's lives, because you are so disgusted with your own. If your son wants to play with dolls, let him play with dolls. If your daughter wants to play with GI Joe, let her play with GI Joe. Those things don't require you dictating how anyone else raises their kids, but shit like the news story in the OP does.

Seriously people, you can help your kids figure out who they are without forcing them to not relate to anything. Let your kids be who they are going to be, and let them know that you support them.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    What?

A department store like Target has several goods meant for several things.

Serperating toys by function would probably be a huge clusterfuck.
    food is separated by function, so are tools, sporting goods, clothes (once past the gender tag) everything really is

lol you MRAs jump on any wild example to confirm your bias of "lolwoman are dumb " Its even sad that CNN would play such a ridiculous story, let me guess their next headline will be BREAKING NEWS: NO UPDATES ON MH17 -giivee me a break with this BS.
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2015-06-10 at 05:16 PM.

It could be "Girls' building sets" and "Boys' building sets", that would be better. It's not a major issue. There are much bigger issues in the US regarding sexism. This is something that I wouldn't have really worried about unless someone pointed it out to me.

Nothing like going out and looking for reasons to get offended. I'm offended that boys get generalized into "building sets" while girls get their own special sign!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    Girls' toys are split from boys' toys for organization, not sexism
    The fact that they are organized into different sections, implies sexism. Otherwise there would not be a girls aisle, and a boy's aisle.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The Seinfeld thread is coming back to me.

I started to look at that thread, but got totally distracted by the Mckinney Pool Party thread.

What was said or done in the Seinfeld thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    The fact that they are organized into different sections, implies sexism. Otherwise there would not be a girls aisle, and a boy's aisle.
    By that definition, every department store is sexist.

Ladies' department. Mens' department.

Boys' department. Girls' department.

Yet here we are attacking one aisle instead of the entire store. Tsk tsk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    "There are more important things in the world! Now please hold on while I go on a forum to complain about it."
    See the irony?
    And you just complained about me complaining. Moot point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Not the point, you can split them all you want. Her complaint was about the sign telling everyone that it's for girls.
    My brother used to play with a doll when he was four, and he felt like he had to be ashamed of that.
    And that is her issue with this!
    Sounds like your brother has poor self esteem. Instead of being an individual he caved on himself. Not society's fault, it's his.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    By that definition, every department store is sexist..
    To an extent, yeah. And there are arguments out there to bring an end to segregating things like toys into boy's and girl's sections or categories.

OH jeez... talk about 1st world social justice problems.

I kinda agree with her. Though I am not super upset or anything by the sign.

it is the default position to assume the masculine in the majority of modern Western culture. This is akin to what Friedan called the "sexual sell".

All standard stuff. Not the least bit uncontroversial unless uneducated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I agree, but ultimately does it matter? Men are dominant in our society and women are submissive. It's just now that gap has closed quite a bit. Personally, I want a girl who makes as much money as I do, has her own hobbies, and lives her own life. I'd also like a girl who uses my shoulder to cry on. Someone who looks to me for protection. Do I think that way because of society? Absolutely, but if the girl is also happy with that relationship dynamic, then I don't see the issue. And in my personal experience there are a good amount of girls who feel that way. They want their man to respect them but also protect them if the need arises.
    You and Winter Blossom make too much sense.

Stop immediately shitlords, both of you.

Tow the SJW feminist line like good lemmings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I do not get why anyone would get upset over that. Boys usually do not like pink toys, etc....
    The argument is that those toys and so forth condition the girls to like them.

Reenforcing stereotypes in a permanent circle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    All standard stuff. Not the least bit uncontroversial unless uneducated.
    Yes, everybody's stupid if they don't agree with your retarded position. It couldn't be for practicality based on shopping habits, it must be the store trying to reinforce a message that children are not even old enough to understand. That girls are second class to the "default" male, which is why they don't label all these boys' toys as "boys' toys", because girls will just immediately understand those toys are not for them.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2015-06-10 at 10:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    The argument is that those toys and so forth condition the girls to like them.

Reenforcing stereotypes in a permanent circle.
    And whats wrong with that? Its our duty as a society to make sure girls do girl things and boys do boy things

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused. Is target under fire for the stupidity of the sign or that there are building sets marketed towards girls? I thought it was the former at first, but then I watched the video on the article and it seemed like the latter.

Overweight, sleeve tattoo, short hair, cliche glasses...epitome of tumblr SJW. Does it get any more cliche than this chick?