Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down Card backs are overrated.

While there are some great looking card backs, over all they are just overrated.

Reason is that our opponent has the best view of our glorious and perhaps hard to attain card backs.

All we get is the image at the side of the board.

Just an observation but really it is true, our opponents see more of our card backs than we do.

I'd like to see more very hard to attain card backs because with these it would be about prestige. Does not matter how it would look, ugly is even good as
    our opponent has to look at it more than we do. Card backs purely for great art, waste of time.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

The rewards structure for ranked is terrible, but we likely won't hear about any improvements until Blizzcon.

I would love to see some golden/animated cardbacks.
    ( -> | |=====-~
    / ) \ | |
    - " "-| |
    ( -> | |====~
    / ) \ | |
    -" "-| |

I like to play with the default backs in the hope that it will make my opponent underestimate me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirPiken View Post
    I like to play with the default backs in the hope that it will make my opponent underestimate me.
    I do the same. Besides you can barely see your own card back anyways, unless you want to show off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    The rewards structure for ranked is terrible, but we likely won't hear about any improvements until Blizzcon.
    No news about an expansion until Blizzcon? Seems such a long period without new cards (at least compared with last year where we had Naxx on 22 July and GVG on the 8th December).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtarc1987 View Post
    No news about an expansion until Blizzcon? Seems such a long period without new cards (at least compared with last year where we had Naxx on 22 July and GVG on the 8th December).
    We just had blackrock mountain dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    We just had blackrock mountain dude.
    Was expecting news about an expansion by the end of July/begining of August and the release of a new set by September (time gap would be similar to last year's expansions-->around 4 months).

I just want more cards to play with I might be spoiled because of Magic where they release new sets every 2-3 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    i always play with either the rainbow or cupcake card back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Curtarc1987 View Post
    I just want more cards to play with I might be spoiled because of Magic where they release new sets every 2-3 months.
    yeah hearthstone isn't going to do that. hearthstone is NOT magic the gathering.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

It's one of few ways to express yourself with the few ways to stand out in Hearthstone with everyone using the same cards and decks.
    I use the classic card back myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post

yeah hearthstone isn't going to do that. hearthstone is NOT magic the gathering.
    Which is a good thing. It shouldn't be and it shouldn't try to be.
    Hearthstone should try to make it as its own, not tailback some other thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    It's one of few ways to express yourself with the few ways to stand out in Hearthstone with everyone using the same cards and decks.
    I use the classic card back myself.

Which is a good thing. It shouldn't be and it shouldn't try to be.
    Hearthstone should try to make it as its own, not tailback some other thing.
    i actually agree. i would find having to constantly buy new cards and farm for more gold or risk falling behind really discouraging. i like that i can take breaks and come back and still be relatively good. although if the power creep gets too far.....
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    How on earth can you express yourself through card backs? That you like yellow better than blue? I might be too old to understand, but saying that card backs allow you to stand out and express yourself in HS sounds completely absurd to me.

Not sure they could count as overrated when few people actually care about them at all. I think I'm still using the pirate one, because I haven't changed it since I acquired it.

I think they should have little trinkets and toys as rewards, that you could add to the game board. A lot of people seem to appreciate the interactivity of the board, so why not expand on that?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    They would need to be hard to get though or what is the point. It's your opponent that will see it, hard to get card backs are for showing off but easy to get, see OP.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joycemiester View Post
    They would need to be hard to get though or what is the point. It's your opponent that will see it, hard to get card backs are for showing off but easy to get, see OP.
    Some of the card backs like the HOTS one were already animated, or am I mistaken?

Either way, I like last blizzcon's cardback. Nice, plain and a good shade of blue. Just wish the decks were face down or something as opposed to being vertical - I know it sacrifices some visual feedback as to how low you're getting on cards, but generally you always need to mouse over the deck to get a good idea of how low you are, so I don't think it'd be a big deal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Some of the card backs like the HOTS one were already animated, or am I mistaken?

Either way, I like last blizzcon's cardback. Nice, plain and a good shade of blue. Just wish the decks were face down or something as opposed to being vertical - I know it sacrifices some visual feedback as to how low you're getting on cards, but generally you always need to mouse over the deck to get a good idea of how low you are, so I don't think it'd be a big deal.
    All cardbacks are animated.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    How on earth can you express yourself through card backs? That you like yellow better than blue? I might be too old to understand, but saying that card backs allow you to stand out and express yourself in HS sounds completely absurd to me.
    This is pretty true, look at the beginning of a month when most players are using the new card back.

Ofc they are overrated, i dont even know what card back i use. Maybe black temple theme, didnt bother since then to check the new ones. I also never pay attention to the card back of my opponent.

Anyways, meanwhile it gets like it is in WoW with mounts. It used to be cool to have a nice mount. Now you can have 1000 mounts...so they arent special at all anymore.

And as some mentioned, i dont see my card back anyway..so what

Well obviously there is no reason to ever play anything other than the rainbow back.

At least until they released the cupcake back.

Well they are animated but... I support MOAR SHINIES always.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    More animated cardbacks = android tablets will even have more probs with the game. If anything I hope they cut back on animations.